Thom Browne S/S 2022 New York

Turn-of-the-millennium CdG and Schiaparelli trompe l'oeil dresses? Not exactly thrilling but beggars...The burgundy tunic with the painterly draping is really beautiful! The best look alongside the pink column gown and that outfit on Lindsey Wixon!

On the negative side this show does take itself a bit too seriously and against the stark austerity of the tunics, the suits just look out of place...even if they are his speacialty, he can go without them once and it won't hurt him!

P.S. I'm very thankful that there are finally some shows that don't put the models at risk of indecent exposure by way of sl*tty lycra/mesh contraptions!

Last edited:
Im not sure about the whole collection together, but I see some stunning looks!

Weird and kind of ugly.
I wouldn't want a single thing.
But I love it none the less. I really like the final look.

I loved the cut of the trousers. Very Italian in length, but traditional and British in width. Great show. @jeanclaude LOL yes that is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

…Zzzzzzzzz… it’s all so silly and non-provocative— which is likely more of an insult and disappointing stab to the heart for Thom than if I were to say it’s ugly and shocking (which it isn't).

Challenging and deconstructing bespoke menswear to fuse with conservative womenswear to resemble… Norman Bates in drag is just so bland. Gaulter/Rei/Yohji did it (way way way) better 40 years ago that remain the aspirational standard to this day. Women already look dowdy and dusty in such suffocating, matronly fashions. And men in matronly drag doesn’t fair any better. Is he so bored that he’s investing collections in this sort of fuddy-duddy banality??? …Of course, none of this matters since it’s pure self-indulgence and none of these looks will make it to the shops. I’ll be dropping by soon for some of your pique polos that I live by, Thom.

I see CdG with the first 2 looks and JPG with those 6 pack shirts.

I think he is stuck between commercial and creativity because for all of those outrageous looks he has to send out those grey suits to make sure that his clients don't feel alienated.

Maybe strip down all the unnecessary theater ( the hair & makeup, the model performance, etc...) Maybe it's will be better.

This might be harsh but he almost reminds me of like... the "avant-garde" version of Philipp Plein in a way

The models always look so sad...
I'm convinced he makes most of his money from the overpriced, basic crap/accessories he sells online.

I'm convinced he makes most of his money from the overpriced, basic crap/accessories he sells online.

You would be right. That is how every brand makes the majority of their profits.

Unless they have changed things, the runway collections function kind as a creative outlet/lab. T

Not his best work but still it's miles above most of the other designers at NYFW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->