Threading

Have you tried Threadz on U St?

I finally was brave enough to thread my upper lip. I had concerns about bumps, how would the hair regrow etc b/c of ppl I've seen who tried various facial hair removal techniques.
I love the look and for me it actually doesn't grow back too quickly, I go once a month. But I will say its painful...not unbearable but my eyes definitely water and my hands are clenched throughout, and this is from a girl who has a navel piercing, cartilige and tragus piercings. I'm not overly sensitive but neither am I an android.
It hurts a bit but the results are so worth it.
If you are undecided research find a good threader and DO IT you will LOVE IT

I love Threads on U, St. But I must say the best threader is Sonya, the owner. I only go to her. I have had the other girls do it and I end up in getting cut or my eyebrows are obviously "off" looking. To me, its hurts less than waxing.

I've threaded just about everywhere on my face. My mom usually does it for me since she's been doing it since she was a teenager in Vietnam. I live in an area full of Asian salons, so I have plenty of places to go to. I used to be scared since it hurt a bit, but now it's just a little sting, like a shot.

I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me :( my horomones are crazy

I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me :( my horomones are crazy
hmmm sorry to hear that maybe you needed like a soothing oil or rub ?
I'm not sure what to recommend to help, hopefully another tFSer can help :flower:

Treading is so much faster than waxing! and CHEAP. Haha, mine literally took less than 5 minutes and was $8. I went to this place on Broadway and 40th (in NY) and they were very good. Very painless, too! I'm definitely going back :smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacenPout
I've had my upper cheeks threaded the other day for the first time and I was IN LOOVE with the results. Now theyve got these spots from when the hair is growing back it really saddens me
sad.gif
my horomones are crazy

hmmm sorry to hear that maybe you needed like a soothing oil or rub ?
I'm not sure what to recommend to help, hopefully another tFSer can help
flowers.gif

thanks for sympathizing hehe. Theyre kinda fading away now but u know how annoying spots can be. I guess I did need some aloe vera or something. I have oily skin too which is probably why

Not cheap in London!! I paid 17£ (maybe because the place was inside selfridges ?!)
But now I'm hooked! the result is amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any threading salon in Milan

I would love to try threading but I don't know any places where they do it. I have a pretty high pain threshold, so that wouldn't be a problem. And I would love to get all the facial hair away, hehe. Especially "my mustache". Oh though not the eyebrows. How long does it last?

Not cheap in London!! I paid 17£ (maybe because the place was inside selfridges ?!)
But now I'm hooked! the result is amazing! Unfortunately I can't seem to find any threading salon in Milan

Yeah! Blink bar is £17 and Glow is £14...so pricewise waxing is cheaper at £9-11. I also prefer the experience of waxing, for some reason all threading places here are in the middle of department stores. I have sensitive skin so I'm always very red and I like a few minutes to relax and fix my makeup after I'm done instead of being gawped at by strangers :huh: I do however like the precision of threading, and my threader paid a lot of attention to shape. Since I have very stubborn hair follicles, it was quite painful and comparative to waxing, so waxing is better for me because it's much quicker. I'd use threading to get a great shape but waxing for upkeep ^_^

I found a place where they do threading in DK. Around £35 for the whole face!

Threading should be alot cheaper lol. I think for some of you who only need minor areas threaded like upper lips or chin hairs removed, you should just try and learn to do it by yourself.

I got my eyebrows threaded today and am really pleased with the result. I was expecting it to sting, but was far less painful than plucking or waxing. It looked a bit red after, but she put some aloe vera gel on and the redness went in a very short while. I am definitely going to stick with threading, and the place I went gives you every 5th session free. It normally costs £10.00. (cheaper than waxing)

i bet there are a thousand places in NY! try Yelp for locations and detailed reviews :flower:

i've done my own threading for at least a couple years and i still suck at it. there are tutorials online if you think you'll do better than me :wink:
except the look of threaded brows is so distinctive and unnatural (though beautiful) that i expect it to become somewhat passe in years to come, much like long eighties nails, or the t-shirt/blazer combo.

I think threading is pretty easy...anyone can do it if I can :lol:

I'm tempted to try it now but after going shopping with my mum when she got hers done her eyebrows look so red and she looked odd all day haha!

I thread my upper lip myself, haha. I have a pretty high pain threshold, but some areas (like right under my nose) make my eyes water a little. I'm in love with the results, though! :smile:

I get my upper lip and eyebrows threaded because I'm super allergic to the wax used. My question is though, I have little spots on my upper lip now so how do I get rid of them? :unsure: Is there anything I should do after my upper lip is threaded? I usually put Vaseline with Aloe Vera on it but it's still not helped with my upper lip breaking out. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"