Threading

^I don't think you can thread by yourself. Seems like it would be impossible to do it with on eye open, you know?

I had my eyebrows threaded once. It was one of my most painful experiences, but I was able to handle it at the time because I knew how precise the results would be. I wasn't dissapointed. However, it is a close call between waxing and threading: waxing produces adequate results with some pain and redness, while threading produces perfect results with much discomfort and ache. I usually pluck my own eyebrows, and have mine done professionally as a special treat. Because I don't go often, I probably would gather the courage to have my brows threaded again, though waxing will remain an option for me, too.

A few months ago, I found the best threader/eyebrow shaper in this small salon. She literally just looks at your face and your brows, makes you sit down and lean back and within 5 minutes at the very most, you'll have close to perfect, if not perfect (and not to mention really clean) eyebrows. I'd recommend threading for this purpose, especially if you have someone who can do it really well for you. :smile:

I've been threading my eyebrows for about 4 years now. It's quick and cheap! Apparently you're supposed to get it done every 2 weeks, but I've been going about once or twice a month lately because I've been busy. I must say that the more you go, the more used you'll feel to the pain. When I went regularly, it felt less painful, and even good! :lol: I love the feeling of having freshly groomed eyebrows. However, when you don't go as often, it literally feels like a razor on your face :cry:

I don't remember who asked me about the place that I go but here is the address!

It's called X-Pert Coiffure Unisex
203 Cote Vertu
St.Laurent, Quebec H4N 1C8

wow..i didnt; think they'd actually have a thread on threading..but i shoudl have known better..it is tFS!!!

well i went and got my eyebrows threaded over the weekend....and i'm just absolutely thrilled with the results. it was sa little sore..but not much more than if i haven't plucked my eyebrows in a while......
the lady who did it shaped my eyebrows perfectly..it amazed me how they get the lines so precise...i'm definitly a fan and will be going back to do my brows again....

Just got my eyebrows and upper lip threaded today.. Usually I go every 3 weeks, always to the same person (would be scared to go to anyone else!) The upper lip is extremely painful but imho worth it (especially if you are allergic to waxing)
Re: threading on yourself..It's not threading, but similar.. Has anyone heard of Epicare? I bought it last year and it does work pretty well (for upper lip etc--you can't use it on your eyebrows)..

hmmm..i've wanted to get my top lip done..but i'm too scared..lol

i'm surprised so many people find threading painful. I find waxing way more painful than threading. For me threading is like a wee pinch and i'm quite sensitive. ah well. Another benefit of threading though is it doesn't pull your skin as much like waxing which can reduce the elasticity of your skin

yeah, for me the upper lip kills.. but it's done w/ pretty quickly and the person is usually sympathetic (lol the lady who does mine gives me tissues afterwards)
my experience might be different from yours though, because my skin is supersensitive..so it might not be that painful for everyone

but i havent' got too much hair so it may not be that bad..i might give it a go next time

not sure if anybody else experiences this, but when i'm getting my eyebrown done, even with my eyes closed my eyes get very sensitive to the light, the lady who does mine has a fluro light above the bed that i have to lie on, and sometimes it feels like my eyes are open light is shining right in my eyes..not painful...hmm..kind of hard to explain..lol

wow..i didnt; think they'd actually have a thread on threading..but i shoudl have known better..it is tFS!!!

well i went and got my eyebrows threaded over the weekend....and i'm just absolutely thrilled with the results. it was sa little sore..but not much more than if i haven't plucked my eyebrows in a while......
the lady who did it shaped my eyebrows perfectly..it amazed me how they get the lines so precise...i'm definitly a fan and will be going back to do my brows again....

Hi, where do you get your eyebrows threaded? I've been to roop rani in the CBD a few times.

*Truffaut* I go with a friend, she takes me to a lovely Egyptian lady's house (she has a salon in her home) she lives in Narre Warren somewhere, but she also works at a Hair Salon on Dandenong Plaza that does threading and other beauty services too..i'm assuming you live in Melbourne too??

and It costs me $5 (Australian $$ that is)

Anywhere I've been for any type of hair removal in the past couple of years seem to stray away from waxing for one reason or another. It's not the end of the world but if you're talking about eyebrows the threading is definitely worth the pain in the chair. You can't do this yourself, just call up local salons where you'd get your brows waxed and make sure they can do threading. It's more precise and better for you than waxing and probably even plucking.

i think threading is less painful than waxing or plucking...

my eyes also water like crazy whenever i am getting anything done...

i feel that a lot of places try to push waxing on people as it is quicker and they can get you out the door faster...

Threading if done by a very good professional honestly should not hurt as much. When I was in London I got threading done all the time since there were many threading places my cousin knew of. It was convinent for me since the girls did it in a way in which I didn't feel much pain.
Over here in D.C there's hardly any good thead places around so i just stick to waxing. I found a couple near my house but none are as good so I don't waste my time and pain going to them.
Some advice would be to look around and find a good threader. People have different techniques and some are quicker than others, and some cause less pain than others.
And just like waxing, you get used to it.

I also find that threading looks a bit more natural then the "just waxed" look where's there's red swollen skin and your skin looks very tight.

i think threading ends up looking a lot more natual than waxing.

i also keep getting burned by my waxers even though they *say* they are letting the wax cool...

Threading if done by a very good professional honestly should not hurt as much. When I was in London I got threading done all the time since there were many threading places my cousin knew of. It was convinent for me since the girls did it in a way in which I didn't feel much pain.
Over here in D.C there's hardly any good thead places around so i just stick to waxing. I found a couple near my house but none are as good so I don't waste my time and pain going to them.
Some advice would be to look around and find a good threader. People have different techniques and some are quicker than others, and some cause less pain than others.
And just like waxing, you get used to it.

I also find that threading looks a bit more natural then the "just waxed" look where's there's red swollen skin and your skin looks very tight.
Have you tried Threadz on U St?

I finally was brave enough to thread my upper lip. I had concerns about bumps, how would the hair regrow etc b/c of ppl I've seen who tried various facial hair removal techniques.
I love the look and for me it actually doesn't grow back too quickly, I go once a month. But I will say its painful...not unbearable but my eyes definitely water and my hands are clenched throughout, and this is from a girl who has a navel piercing, cartilige and tragus piercings. I'm not overly sensitive but neither am I an android.
It hurts a bit but the results are so worth it.
If you are undecided research find a good threader and DO IT you will LOVE IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->