Tinted Moisturizer / Tinted Sunscreen

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@May 27 2004, 04:59 PM
I have the same prob,some advice wud b very appreciated :flower:

P.S Tht MAC strobe cream didnt work for me at all...or maybe i did something
wrong? :unsure:
[snapback]268048[/snapback]​

Depends on what you were putting over it - if you use a matte foundation like studio fix on top of it, it will cancel out the effects of the strobe cream.

Oh, and it is classefied as a "moisturizer" - though that isn't how I use it.

Estee Lauder tinted day wear doesn't work for pale people, the tint is really too dark and it only comes in one shade :wacko:
I tired it and it makes my face look dirty :lol: same thing with some of my other fair skinned friends who used this product.

Not cheap, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clarins Tinted Moisturizer, it comes in different shades and looks uber natural

Tinted Moisturiser!!

Guys, what do you think is the bestest, most beautiful tinted moisturiser you've ever worn in your life that just makes you skin glow?:flower:

that's easy... Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF20 (in my skin tone, Almond)

Laura Mercier is nice, but I have to mix two colors to get the shade of my face. I was happy with it until I tried Becca. Its not cheap, but for $35 a tube people are falling over themselves giving compliments.

tinted moisturizer question

I just got a new one from Stila that I really like, and I was wondering if it's okay to sleep in it, or is it just as bad as sleeping with foundation? It's really lightweight but will it still ruin my pores? Thanks!!

Dermatologist recommend..do not sleep in foundation

no matter how good your skin is!:flower:

kiimihaana said:
Laura Mercier is nice, but I have to mix two colors to get the shade of my face. I was happy with it until I tried Becca. Its not cheap, but for $35 a tube people are falling over themselves giving compliments.
Heh heh heh...Now thats what I like to hear!B)
I had a look at their website and was really impressed with it. They have some nice stuff, and you can buy online in Australia, which is really rare!
According to their website, they launch at Myer in February 2005 for anyone who is interested!

More advice, please?

I'm investing in a tinted moisturizer this week for the summer and weekends when I don't feel like going through the whole rigamarole of foundation. Seems by this thread that the two standouts are Laura Mercier and Estee Lauder's Day Wear Plus. I need a bit of coverage and have acne-prone skin. Of these two, which do you think is best for my skin type?

Thanks in advance!!

I have no experience w. either..but I'd say that the whole idea with tinted moisturizers isn't coverage..so if I was you I'd team the moisturizer that you end up choosing w. a great concealer for your problem areas (Dermablend or secret camoflage by Laura Mercier are good) :flower:

what are tinted moisturizers?? i might sound like a right idiot here,are they kinda like foundation?? but they just give a little glow to your skin aswell as moisturize??

^ Yep. That's the general idea, Laura. I'm a sucker for anything that's multi-functional!

Thanks for the advice, Hanne! I already have the LM secret camo, so I'm one step there. I love that product!

kewl i really must try that,i wear foundation all the time cus i hate my skin,Is there different times of tinted moisturizers for different skin types?? ect ,sensitive,dry,combination.mines combination so i have to watch what i use,does any1 know any ones made for combination if so any advice wud b great!

I LOVE Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. It's perfect.:heart:

I can back Alejandro's claim up for the Estee Lauder Day Wear tinted moisturizer. That stuff is great! Except if you are on the pale side... I can't wear it in winter because it creates an obvious tint, but when the summer comes it blends beatifully into my skin and is the only thing I will wear.

i bought laura mercier today. the MUA put some on me and i like it. i'll see how it is in the long run though. i've been using mac's tinted moisturizer, but i know people are iffy on mac's foundations. i also got a sample of tis mcevoy's tint, so i'll check that out too. but it only comes in like 3 or 4 colors, and the closest one was still a little dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->