Tinted Moisturizer / Tinted Sunscreen

I need to try Laura Mercier... I'm stuck on my Avon tinted moisturizer now. It's dirt cheap, and when I layer it over a moisturizing lotion, my skin looks fabulous. :smile: Hard to deviate from what you know already works.

i wore my LM tint the other day and ran errands. i had to stop by mac to do some B2M stuff. First of all, I'm a MAC ho, so the MUAs know who i am. hehe. they all said how nice my makeup looked. and one specifically said my skin looked really good. my bf doesn't like when i wear foundation because it can look cakey and stuff, but he thinks the tint looks nice too.
so i'm definitely a fan of the LM tint!

Oh yay Lizzy!! I got a sample of the LM tint yesterday, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm excited to hear about your good fortune, though. Hopefully, mine will be the same!! I was pleasantly surprised that the sales associate offered me a sample rather than just selling me the product. I'll be sure I visit her again :smile:

I've tried so many tinted moisturizers, I just need a little coverage and sun protection. So far, I like Paula Dorf Tinted (w/ SPF 15) but for a cheaper alternative, Sonia umm. K-something has a great tinted moisturizer for about 10 to 11 bucks. I can't really tell a signifigant difference between the quality of the two, the Sonia one seems to blend better.

Sonia Kashuk for Target? I have a couple of her brushes which I think are fab, but I haven't tried the makeup. It gets great reviews in magazines. I'll have to keep that in mind... Thanks, CoreeGirl and welcome to tFS!

Thanks for the welcome,
I've always been such a make-up snob, only wearing department store brands, but I've been experiementing with cheaper brands and for some things, I can't tell the difference. My derm recommends Neutrogena Healthy Defense over more expensive brands for sensitive skin SPF.

tinted moisturizer

Schools startin agen next friday,and im going shopping in a few days to get some new foundation and everythin.I want to try a tinted moisturizer aswell,does anybody know a really good tinted moisturizer that will give my skin a good luck?? or a really good foundation that will cover my skin up all school day because my old foundation use to wear off by school had finished.

i used to use olay foundation for combination skin,and it was quite good but it didnt last.So im looking for something that will last for at least 7/8 hours or so,or i could take the tinted moisturizer into school and put some more on during the day.Anyway im looking for 1 for combination skin,and that isnt too costly.i will have about 15/20 pound to spend on a really good foundation and tinted moisturizer,so if anybody knows any please let me know!

EDIT: my skin is prone to spots,especially on my forehead inbetween my eyebrows ,so i need one that is good coverage aswell!thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Bobbi Brown's TM. But it doesn's give as much coverage as you'd like to get.
I doubt any TM's gives that much coverage. They normally give a sheer coverage.

^try tarte "smooth operator". it is so creamy like moisturizer and covers well. i highly recomend it.

hm..its $35 dollars in us, so maybe around 19.0 GBP. thats ur currency right? it is so worth it too..:smile:

I have tried so many different ones and oddly enough--- Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Tinted Moisturizer was my fave! Bobbi Brown is very good too.

I use a Bobbi Brown one. I believe there are two different kinds though: one in a tube and one in a jar. I use the one in the jar, its very creamy for dry skin and gives a naturally flawless look. Personally, I do not advocate wearing foundation to school, it rarely looks natural especially under flourescent lights. A good tinted moisturizer will do you good though :wink:

^ Any other "cheap" brands that have good tinted moisturizers?

tinted moisturizers don't cover spots very well and sometimes even highlight them by looking shiny...how about using a spot concealer?

With a dusting of fine transluscent powder I've found it's the best combination of being sheer and natural while giving coverage where you need it.

I love Bobbi Brown's spot concealer but it's a bit costly for that measley amount, I'm sure you can find something else...anybody?

yeah sorry everybody,i searched the skin forum but didnt think to search this 1!!

I think i might try the estee lauder one,it seems to be a fave.Does anybody know a good concealer that will go nicely with the moisturizer??

Also,i dont know the tone of my skin,i think its loads of different ones i dunno!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"