TJ Maxx / TK Maxx

Ahh you all are making me want to go to TJ's this very minute. I haven't been there in weeks.

^ The yellow stickers are the "final clearance" markdowns, usually super super cheap.

^^ Usually 30% off the last red sticker price... I think they do a yellow sticker run-through three times a year.

I went to both TJ Maxx and Marshalls this afternoon...hadn't been to either store in ages. Didn't find a thing at TJ Maxx, but my Marshalls had the most comfortable Vince sweater coat that I just had to buy! I was glad because I almost always leave both places empty handed.

im going to new york in a couple of weeks, and even though i've been in nyc more than 10 times i never ever went to tj maxxx. is it worth it? in terms of designers/pricing?

I love TK Maxx, it stocks so many american brands that are hard to find in the UK.
The last time I went there I got a BCBG Max Azria blouse for just £4. I always go there for my winter clothes, the knitwear is always so cheap for good materials and my local store often stocks really nice Burberry coats.

Now's a good time to go... good sales... albeit on winter items.

I bought a very nice set of nail colours from nails inc this week. I got four for 12 Euro and I love the colours I got.

i am seeing miu miu, emilio pucci, blumarine, D&G, prada, loads of missoni at the moment! it's awesome but the prices are not reduced by that much still.

good thing is with this store everything gets reduced until it is sold. you have to pick the right moment to buy though otherwise everything is gone.

i picked up a long M Missoni dress there the otherh day.. marked down to $50!
i think the markdown was a mistake...
i hadn't seen it in there before and the original price was 299.99 and it only had one or two markdown stickers on it...
oh well!

it was a great find ^_^

also bought some really cute nanette lepore shorts for $60 and a see by chloe dress for $150... not cheap (but a good price for see by chloe) and too cute to pass up

i once got a dsquared t-shirt for £10 so it is possible haha :P

you have to pick the right moment to buy though otherwise everything is gone.

I know, that's what's frustrating is at mine quite often they'll only have a very small quantity to begin with (1 or 2 of a certain bag, or 1 of each size for a dress or shoes) so you don't have a lot of time to "think" about a purchase, because if you go back to the store for it, it's not going to be there.

i picked up a long M Missoni dress there the otherh day.. marked down to $50!
i think the markdown was a mistake...
i hadn't seen it in there before and the original price was 299.99 and it only had one or two markdown stickers on it...
oh well!

it was a great find ^_^

also bought some really cute nanette lepore shorts for $60 and a see by chloe dress for $150... not cheap (but a good price for see by chloe) and too cute to pass up

I'm jealous... I rarely see labels like that at the one here, but when I do, they're always marked down so I think they're returns from other stores. Does yours have a runway section?

Yes! I picked up some Missoni silk shells the other day for $15 a piece - retail on each was $499. Also got another top with mesh a the shoulder, very cool, for $39...

nice! sounds like you got some great buys erin! :woot:

couturecouture yes, the tjmaxx's that i go to have the runway section...
which i make a beeline to when i walk into the store

i think it might help that i live in MA, where the headquarters are...
my guess is that the stores here might be a bit more closely monitored
and the tjmaxx down the street from my work is in an affluent community so they get really good stuff :P

^ so lucky! I've noticed there can be a great variation on the stuff sold in stores, depending on the neighborhood it's located in.

this reminds me that i need to use up an old store credit...:innocent:

Has anybody noticed that TJ Maxx marks down some of their stuff, especially from their runway collection, to $12? I have found Robert Rodriguez tops and Rebecca Taylor tops marked down to $12.00 even... seemed like a strange number to me, especially when the original price (at TJ Maxx) was much, much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->