Tom Ford Eyewear F/W 10.11: Freja Beha Erichsen & Nicholas Hoult by Tom Ford

candlebougie

An die Freude.
Reaction score
I saw the ad in a newspaper today and took a quick photo.

photo by candlebougie | NYT

FOR THE BIRDS: Tom Ford liked directing actor Nicholas Hoult in “A Single Man” so much that he recast him again in the role of fashion model. Ford photographed Hoult and model Freja Beha Erichsen in London for his fall campaign, composing the images with ravens. Hoult models Tom Ford men’s wear and eyewear, while Erichsen wears only eyewear and a strategically placed scarf.
wwd

Can't wait to see Freja!! The ravens are a bit odd and out of place, but I can't wait to see more.

I'm certainly over Nicholas, I was over him during Skins. Can't say I'm loving his presence in Tom Ford ads either.
But I'm really curious to see Freja in this. Hopefully she gives these ads some appeal. Thanks candlebougie!

This is making me so excited for Freja! :woot:

I've always loved Nicolas, he's beyond alluring, seriously :heart: I can't wait till Freja's shots surface!

wow, this looks cool! can't wait to see freja in it!

For me Freja Beha is the transition model that Tom Ford is using to usher in his woman for his Womenswear aesthetic. Come Fall 2011, I'm guessing he will start to use more 'high fashion' models like Freja, don't you think? Using sexy glamazons to sell cosmetics and perfume is all fine and well, but will they sell clothes?

I labeled this thread "Tom Ford Eyewear", but it's probably the main campaign, right?

For me Freja Beha is the transition model that Tom Ford is using to usher in his woman for his Womenswear aesthetic. Come Fall 2011, I'm guessing he will start to use more 'high fashion' models like Freja, don't you think? Using sexy glamazons to sell cosmetics and perfume is all fine and well, but will they sell clothes?
While you have a point, I personally don't see someone like Freja as a Tom Ford type. She doesn't really fit the image I've always had of his ideal female, and not just because I can't think of a model who is less sensual than she is. There's just something kind of lifeless about her that seems at odds with the brand's (and the founder's) image.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, though. In fact I kind of hope that I am, since the first shot seems to be going somewhere different for TF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen Elson, Anna Maria Jagodzinska and Carolyn Murphy are just as hihg fashion as Freja is, so I don't think he is doing this to usher in a new 'womens wear era' for his brand.

I really love it, Nicholas looks adorable and I love what he's wearing.

Karen Elson, Anna Maria Jagodzinska and Carolyn Murphy are just as hihg fashion as Freja is, so I don't think he is doing this to usher in a new 'womens wear era' for his brand.

Sorry, I am not insinuating that these women are not high fashion rather that they embody some sort of contrasting aesthetic to models like Freja Beha; a model whose look can only exist within the high high high fashion world, if that makes sense.

You won't be seeing her walking for Victoria's Secret or exuding some kind of super feminine and womanly aesthetic in lingere campaigns or commercial jobs; whilst the others are capable of transcending high fashion aesthetics and appealing to the masses.

That's the thing though. Tom Ford basically radiates sensuality. That's what makes Freja an odd choice. It doesn't really have anything to do with whether her looks are only really understood in the realm of high fashion. It's a matter of the fact that she never seems to give off this idea of sensuality in her photos. She's rather stand-offish.

^^^ she's been in several gap campaigns. I don't think she's necessarily a bomb shell, but neither do I think that all commercial girls are. There is a commercial appeal to freja's tom boy look -- if anything she tends to be sexier in her high fashion work (compare the gap campaign to her april ed in vogue germany).

I like the first image -- the animals are bizarre, and i'm curious to see what direction the rest of images take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->