Tom Ford F/W 2015.16 : Ondria Hardin & Lucky Blue Smith by Mario Sorrenti

The womenswear is hideous no matter how it's shown, but at least the campaign is something different from the usual TF ads. Never thought of Ondria as a TF girl, but she works.

ugh, Arthur Gosse to Unlucky? He just looks so basic. This campaign is as dry as those rocks..

You gotta give credit where it's due. Even though Ondria and Lucky are not your typical Tom Ford model, they both killed it.

LOVE this. It's such a welcome departure from the studio shoots that the brand has been doing for a couple of years now. The color is so, so wonderful, and I love how imposing -- yet not intimidating -- the female model looks. Speaking of her I had to do a double take when I saw this on my phone this morning because at first glance I thought she was Liisa Winkler.

Not quite as good as the last time Ford did a campaign with a desert theme, but not bad at all.

7384082095dd895a9bcc35fb8193f316.jpg

pinterest.com

Lucky "Overrated" Blue smith ruined this campaign.

I don't really know if I like these or not but they are powerful shots.

LOVE this. It's such a welcome departure from the studio shoots that the brand has been doing for a couple of years now. The color is so, so wonderful, and I love how imposing -- yet not intimidating -- the female model looks. Speaking of her I had to do a double take when I saw this on my phone this morning because at first glance I thought she was Liisa Winkler.

Not quite as good as the last time Ford did a campaign with a desert theme, but not bad at all.

7384082095dd895a9bcc35fb8193f316.jpg

pinterest.com

It's funny because those two campaigns are all about the obvious fake background.

I really wish that he can work with Marilyn Minter again. That was a bold choice at the time and maybe one of his best ad for his own brand.

The idea is excellent but I don't really into the outcome.I thought it looks scary especially close up one.

Ondria looks way too harsh and dare I say, drag-ish. I'll pass thanx.

Looks like Tom Ford got an upgrade. Hopefully they'll stick with Mario.:smile:
Mert&Marcus or Steven Klein could also be good for this Brand.

SUCH a shame the background if photoshopped.

Makes it look really cheap IMO.

Looks to me like only the sky is fiddled with in post-- and poorly so since the lines between the sky and the rocks are so obviously jarringly digital-looking. I'm a tad taken aback that Tom's team would allow such an amateur gradient efforts to be signed off.

If it was me, I'd demand Mario to hire someone with a bit of post-production skills to clean things up properly. Who is doing the post anyways-- his junior assistant???

Looks to me like only the sky is fiddled with in post--?

Nah, if you look at her feet placement on the rocks and the way the "Organic" shadows fall...she's not even there. It's like it been poorly green screened.

Maybe the sky looks so fake because the rocks have actually been added in. It's a botched job whatever.

I also don't know if it's the quality of the images but it looks like the models are in different clarity to the background.

i don't mind it, happy it is a lesser known model and not a socialite too!

not gonna defend anyone, but sometimes during shoots people use different lights for the background and the models. also, these are relatively LQ digitals, the Hi-Res images used for print might look better.

people spend a lot of money on real location shoots, just to photoshop the background into oblivion and the uncanny valley.

The campaign actually makes the clothes look "better". It still falls a bit flat but I appreciate the contrast and bold colors.

The models aren't really selling it for me.

Models are horrible, clothes look bad, photography looks cheap.

I like Ondria as a TF girl, but I think she would work better for the fragrance or beauty ads. Does anyone else think that last eyewear shot looks incredibly like Bianca Balti?

Ondria looks amazing and she's having an impact on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->