Tom Ford F/W 2018.19 New York

What is this? What happened to his glamorous, elegant, sexy collections? Everything looks cheap and tacky. And the pussypower bag... Is he really that desperate for attention? Melania is laughing at this.

melania is irrelevant...
and now i'm laughing...

:rofl:

What is this? What happened to his glamorous, elegant, sexy collections? Everything looks cheap and tacky. And the pussypower bag... Is he really that desperate for attention? Melania is laughing at this.

I'm not shocked by the p*ssy Power bag. I would not be afraid to wear it actually even if it"s not my style...

Are you sure that we are talking about the same Tom Ford? Because either way you have a disconnected idea of who he is as a designer or you are discovering his work...

This is a man who has shaved a G on a woman's pubic hair, who put a bottle of perfume in a man's behind, who made a vagina dress in his surrealistic collection, who had frontal nudes of men in his ads....etc.
He has done much more "offensive" things than the "PP" bag. That's part of his brand and somehow of his appeal. Some people responds to that (like me), some don't but if you consider that bag as desperate, the same can be said about a lot of things he did before...Even when he did those elegant and glamorous collections.

I'm not shocked by the p*ssy Power bag. I would not be afraid to wear it actually even if it"s not my style...

Are you sure that we are talking about the same Tom Ford? Because either way you have a disconnected idea of who he is as a designer or you are discovering his work...

This is a man who has shaved a G on a woman's pubic hair, who put a bottle of perfume in a man's behind, who made a vagina dress in his surrealistic collection, who had frontal nudes of men in his ads....etc.
He has done much more "offensive" things than the "PP" bag. That's part of his brand and somehow of his appeal. Some people responds to that (like me), some don't but if you consider that bag as desperate, the same can be said about a lot of things he did before...Even when he did those elegant and glamorous collections.

I am talking about TOM FORD, not Tom Ford for Gucci or Tom Ford for YSL.
I have seen all ads/campaigns you mentioned. I actually find them amazing. This mess is just cheap and tacky. He can use the best fabrics in the world but it won't change the fact that this is horrible. p*ssy power bag is stupid, it reminds of dumb, hardcore feminists.

^^^This collection does really resonate with his customer though. The styling is over the top but once broken down in stores it becomes wearable, believe it or not.
The p*ssy power bags will speak to his older customer incredibly well to those who lived through the bra burning moments of their youths but also to a newer, younger demographic who empower their gender and are not afraid of such statements as 'p*ssy power' written on their bags. I think when you get down to the bones of it, the women who will carry that bag (the natalia retails on average of £1300 or £2500 for the harder clutch) will be women who have a certain level of influence (or want to be an influence) on their peers, so such a statement as that slogan will retail well. I can see it being a bag of the season IMO.

The clothes, are slightly over designed - however, he has done dresses like this for many seasons now, with this almost haberdashery element that has clearly translated well editorially and through both his wholesale doors and his flagship locations globally. If the customer didn't ask for it, he wouldn't be designing it basically. Of course he needs us to talk about him, but without the cash flowing, there would be no purpose of those looks.

Just like his menswear, his clear successes are outerwear and evening wear when it comes to RTW and this season and last has highlighted that strength of his.

^^^This collection does really resonate with his customer though. The styling is over the top but once broken down in stores it becomes wearable, believe it or not.
The p*ssy power bags will speak to his older customer incredibly well.
I just can't imagine 40+ woman carrying something like this :smile:

If she is so irrelevant why are you wasting your time on replying sweetie?
Could be that softgrey wanted to point out the silliness inherent in the idea put forth by you that Melania is somehow relevant to a conversation about this collection, or to high fashion in general for that matter.

But don't you worry, something tells me Tom wasn't worried about what Melania would think of those p*ssy Power bags when he signed off on them, selected them for the runway and featured them prominently on Instagram afterwards. :lol:

Could be that softgrey wanted to point out the silliness inherent in the idea put forth by you that Melania is somehow relevant to a conversation about this collection, or to high fashion in general for that matter.

But don't you worry, something tells me Tom wasn't worried about what Melania would think of those p*ssy Power bags when he signed off on them, selected them for the runway and featured them prominently on Instagram afterwards. :lol:

Softgrey didn't understand that the melania part was a joke.
Of course when it comes to this collection she is irrelevant but high fashion in general... I don't think so.
I used her name because Tom Ford said he won't dress her. That's all.

These pieces look anything than cheap to me, I think they look extra luxe if you ask me. I find a few gorgeous ensambles that actually look comfortable.

I like Tom Ford and everything he stands for, so it's a thumbs up from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->