Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Ford: Life after Gucci

Bought my copy of the Tom Ford book today, I know his capabilities aren't always appreciated on this board but I mainly bought it was a reference for the 90s era. The Gucci/Ford years when the campaigns were the talk of the day and Gucci was taken out of its coma. Let's call it: Zeitgeist. What do you think about the book? Love it? Hate it? One thing is for sure, the book itself is beautiful.

I love it. Got my copy and found it very inspiring. I think in order to like the book you'd have to like Tom. If you don't then you're most likely not going to get anything from it.

still have to buy it, but will report back! is it really as interesting as it sounds?

Originally posted by liberty33r1b@Dec 4 2004, 07:00 PM
still have to buy it, but will report back! is it really as interesting as it sounds?
[snapback]451028[/snapback]​
It's got some AMAZING pictures.

Originally posted by Spike413@Dec 4 2004, 07:01 PM
It's got some AMAZING pictures.
[snapback]451032[/snapback]​

thanks! you surely got me more into buying it!! thanks!

Are their any scans of the pictures on some website outthere? I'm interested in seeing the pictures after reading bout' it in Allure :brows:

All pictures are of excellent quality, very beautifully printed and luxuriously big :smile:. There's just no small picture in the book. It's a mix of runway, campaign, celebrity, editorial and misc. shots of Ford at Gucci sorted year by year. It also shows his own interior designs and products that created a stir such as certain shoes, bags, accessories etc. There is a big interview with Ford in it as well, and quotes. It's perfect for your coffee table (it's almost a coffee table itself haha).

so it's mostly pics then?...
i thought it was more of a 'story of my life' thing..?

how much is it - I saw it in a shop yesterday but it was sealed & it didn't have a price....? So is it just pictures - is there ant narrative?

Originally posted by softgrey@Dec 5 2004, 09:59 AM
[snapback]451662[/snapback]​

'Pictures of me' sounds more like the Tom Ford we know and...erm...love...

how much is it - I saw it in a shop yesterday but it was sealed & it didn't have a price....? So is it just pictures - is there ant narrative?

I think it's about $85, but I could be wrong. I put it on my X-Mas list- ha ha! I hope I get it :P

i thought it would be more than that. I hope you get it if thats what you wished for.....

To answer questions, it is mostly pictures, there is commentary as Alura said it's sorted by each year that he was at Gucci and YSL. It's really not about Tom so much as it is about his time as a designer.

And the list price is actually $125, but Amazon.com offers it for 85.

There is an interview in the beginning with Bridget Foley from W, but after that it goes chronologically with what he was thinking for each year's collection and what was going on in terms of the business.

I got mine from the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book...it comes autographed for $125.

Originally posted by softgrey@Dec 5 2004, 04:59 PM
[snapback]451662[/snapback]​

yes it is, it's not the biography of Tom Ford it's his work as a fashion designer at Gucci and YSL.

tomford.jpg

thanks for all the info guys!... :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"