Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Ford's A Single Man

I wish. Originally found on wwd.com, this blurb's from eonline

425.moore.firth.102808.jpg

Jeffrey Ufberg/Getty Images, Jon Furniss/Getty Images
Tom Ford is finally going public with his movie plans.
As I was the first to tell you last month, the fashion prince will make his directorial debut with a movie adaptation of Christopher Isherwood’s 1964 novel, A Single Man.
I’m now told that Ford will release an official announcement tomorrow. Colin Firth will star as a gay college professor who is dealing with the death of his longtime lover. Julianne Moore costars as a lifelong friend of the professor’s.
While early talk was Jamie Bell would play one of his students, it turns that role has gone to Matthew Goode.
The story takes place in 1962 in Los Angeles. Filming will begin in L.A. on Nov. 3.
Ford spoke publicly about wanting to get behind the camera when he left Gucci in 2004. He acquired movie right's to A Single Man about a year ago.
He also started his own men's fashion line last year with stores in New York, Las Vegas, Dubai, Los Angles and Moscow, among many others.

How original is the script? Sound kinda like The Next Best Thing! I mean doesn't Matthew Goode remind you of Rupert Everett!
:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
i-D DEC

I Love the Night Life photography by Walter Pfeiffer

Model Joel Koella.

(my own scans)

I need that purple robe. :shock:

I have no idea where I'd wear it, but that's pretty minor....

Thanks for posting, Northern Star.

I feel like now is a good time for Ford to come back. Given the economic crisis, I feel we're going to go back to minimalism and recession-chic ie. monochromatic and classicism (aesthetic-wise). Eventually, people will tire of it and crave excessive luxury again; which Tom is synonymous with.

If he plays his cards right, this could be perfect timing for his womenswear debut. Perhaps for Fall/Winter 2010/2011?

It would be perfect for him to come back in a few years. The recession can't last that long. I really can't wait to see him do womenswear again.

Hey, I am new here: I just wanted to see how my post would look like with my name and everything, and decided to lose my fashionspot.com virginity on Tom Ford's thread.

Go figure.

^^welcome to the fashion spot!

... i reckon "a million girls would kill" (in a very DWP way) to lose their virginity on/with Tom

^ lol.

I guess so.

BTW, you know Karl was bitching/heaving on the inside about every Valentino gown he saw in that show. Of course he will say that to Garavani himself, but I believe he detested every ruffle and bow he saw on that runway. They are just soooo different.

Or maybe it is me who is too mean. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->