Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by helena, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haksare

haksare New Member

That alligator luggage is gorgeous :crush:

2. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i love that he's basically producing a two hour advert for his brand.

3. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

I want the gloves, duffel bag and the portfolio. The duffel bag would be so divine, but it sure would not be a gym duffel bag--hell to the no! I would carry it with me while wearing the gloves, descending stairs.

Anyhow, I have always loved how hot and sexy that Sep 2005 W ed was. Except the platinum hair on all three models sort of freaked me out..but that was the obvious point. Both the models and the 'dummies'/mannequins were alienesque.

4. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

and you know it will be very classy, even if it's s**t.
    Loving the luggage too.:heart:

5. b9409

b9409 New Member

Actually calling this set 'luggage' is kind of weird, since luggage, to me at least, implies -like LTEC mentioned- duffle bags and serious travel containers of sorts. ...oh well... I know for sure that he also does duffle bags, and I am also 100% positive he would create one in alligator if it were to get ordered.

Carrying a leather duffle bag with leather gloves is always so chic. In fact the best look is: carrying the bag with one hand wearing the glove, but also holding the other glove along with the bag.

The 'one glove look' is so chic on men. And women too. Like how Galliano did in his latest couture show.

6. LetThemEatCake

Yes I hope to one day pull this look off that you're describing. It's like 'in sync' how vivid I can visualize this image.

But would the bag have to be crocodile duffel? I'm afraid so...well I guess not. Leather can be chic with the right locks and gold on it, and the rest of the outfit? Boots and either slightly slouchy jodphurs or tight jodphurs, a cashmere sweater and a loose two-toned scarf like Marlon's look at Hermes.

T.D.F. :wub:

#1166 LetThemEatCake, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 17, 2009
  7. b9409

b9409 New Member

This set would work perfectly with Tom's Russian Ushanka or aviation 'shapkas.' And with a pair of brown turtleshell shades.

off topic:

Dear LTEC, I do this sometimes.

A black leather duffle, knee-high black riding boots, black gloves with beige cashmere lining. A white heavily starched tuxedo shirt with heavy pleating, black TF shades (either Hawkings, Buckley, or Farrah) and a sharp velvet or silk/wool blend blazer - jet black of course. Combine it with a white liquid silk very long aviation scarf, and a black fox fur scarf on top. (I have a Gucci one that does the job right) Instead of riding boots, One can also pursue chic black dress shoes - lizard, croc, of calfskin. But no lamb during winter, of course.

Well, one needs a free hand to navigate iPod, or to answer the phone. That is why one glove. Instead of duffle, sometimes a chic black doctors bag, or solid briefcase.

The look is a little Karl, but if you chose to wear skinny jeans, it looks casual enough. I do have a pair of black Ferre pants with a subtle look of jodhpurs and small silver studs, and they work miraculously as well. Accessorize accordingly, either silver or 18K gold cufflinks, one simple metal band of a bangle etc. Tiffany 1837 would be my preference, if silver is desired. Or some silver piece Tom had done for Gucci. You get the idea.

What would make it sick, would be to wear the riding boots and single glove with tight white breeches of course: Beau Brummell style. But that is too brave for a man today, don't you agree?

8. b9409

b9409 New Member

Since Tom sees himself as the modern day's Brummell, I do not think posting a cartoon of 'the ultimate man of style' here would be off-topic, to understand Tom Ford and mens fashion a little better perhaps. (if the mods would be kind enough to allow it, of course) The Beau was the inventor of 'the suit.' In a way, Coco and YSL of the mens fashion.

[​IMG]
    This is not the Beau, but the template of fashion he inspired. He was said to be extremely handsome. Note the single glove. LetThemEatCake, I think you will like this.

[​IMG]

askandyaboutclothes.com
    barnesandnoble.com

9. LetThemEatCake

Pasha I LOVE those photos!

I like to think I'm pretty brave, I wear/used to wear really tight jodphurs (they have to be) that almost cut off my circulation at my waist and black riding boots (the real thing though, they're not some Hermes, at some point I need to change that) and you need a really.good.a.s.s. for that. No jiggling here. And if you were wearing white ones? You'd better have done some serious squats and lunges for several months prior.

I love the Brommell photo. LOVE. And you and your description in your previous post is pretty much my ideal ensemble. When I dress down I wear torn in the knee black skinny jeans with Converses that used to be white like a decade ago and a flannel with the sleeves rolled up, a chain around my neck, maybe a thin white v-neck tee underneath, but its so much more fun to clomp around in boots and know your a.s.s. is getting stared at in the riding boots and the tight tight jodphurs.

Oh dear, WHY dont we know each other? "Thank you for being a friend". :winkiss:

10. Chanelcouture09

Chanelcouture09 Some Like It Hot

im unsure if these have been posted
    i think toms take on nudity is great ^_^

i think the image of the girl on the guys lap is very suggestive ;)

Source : Fashiontelevision.com

Attached Files:

11. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

12. Chanelcouture09

He really loves nudity , well its not a bad thing is it ^_^

Source : Chicstories.com

Attached Files:

13. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

the naked guy is damn cute :lol:

14. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

after all, dressing in tom ford can be as sexy as wearing no clothes at all.

15. Chanelcouture09

source : Tomford.com

Attached Files:

16. Dkammern

Dkammern DÔMMkammern

:neutral:
    well... that is one new image...

anyone would like to comment on his forehead?

17. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

what? how smooth it is? it's so weird to see a guy without any wrinkles and such a receeding hairline...

18. haksare

haksare New Member

Nudity is Tom's forte B)

I don't think that image is new, I think it was for one of his fragrance campaigns.

19. Chanelcouture09

this one is a lengthened image of his fragrance ad , id never seen it before

and no he does look good with a receding hairline , it really suits him , and dont forget he is 47 so some men do lose theyre hair at that age

i like this though , and what i dont get in an interview he said 'its about sensuality than sexuality' clearly in this image its more about sexuality than sensuality because shes grabbing his you know what lol

20. LetThemEatCake

I wouldnt mind copping a feel on Tom. B)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.