Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by helena, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuiceMajor

JuiceMajor New Member

Those pictures are really sumthing and black orchid is my favourite scent!

2. Chanelcouture09

Chanelcouture09 Some Like It Hot

here is the black orchid ad in a high quality :flower:

Source : tomford.com

Attached Files:

3. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

4. haksare

haksare New Member

Oooh, his home looks fabulous. Love the sleek, modern lines. I'd add a little more color though, looking a little stark, but other than that I'll buy it! I'm surprised he doesn't have portraits of nudes all over the place :lol: but of course that's not all the shots of his place so ..

5. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

oh if those walls could talk....what sort of debauchery must go on in a place like that with CHROME walls!?! easier to clean, i guess....:innocent:

6. b9409

b9409 New Member

This looks nothing like her 'London house' he had shown during the CNN interview two years ago.

He had dark lacquered walls with Oriental panels and screens, a Warhol portrait, soft and cushion-y white couches in some rooms... but nothing like this house. I believe this also is his house though, since the garden furniture is so 'him' in every way and I remember some of those interiors from his book. But I guess he has two places in London, or they only photographed the ugliest rooms in the house. The CNN house was a far superior interior than this. I cannot get over the tackiness of those chrome walls and that horrendous carpet. Reminds me of Versace Home six years ago. Would confuse it, if it didn't have 'G's all over the place.

Plus, I cannot imagine him living in a house with Gucci carpeting still in place after all these years. He had said that he had thrown away all his Gucci clothing that he designed himself for all those years. I do not think he would keep a hideous b/w carpet around.

Perhaps this is a house he has not been living in for a long time.

#1186 b9409, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by moderator bugonin: Aug 28, 2009
  7. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

egh

i don't think there's a lot of debauchery in Tom's houses. if you told me that he and his partner are totally boring, living like any other couple who've been together for 20 years, i'd totally believe it.

he also doesn't strike me as a person who'd screw around. prance around naked? sure. pose with naked guys? any time of day. talk about his genital area? why, yes.

but actually sleeping around? no.

8. b9409

b9409 New Member

^ he has said himself he had a pretty boring social life. I am sure he likes to entertain people in his house, but I agree with you. I am sure they are just a married couple. He has been with Buckley through his cancer struggles I believe.

Tom had a mild alcohol abuse issue back in the day if I am not mistaken. That is about it really. That said, I wish we could see his closet. I wonder how he sets it up and organizes.

9. Chanelcouture09

he said in an interview he is very organized and a perfectionist (alot of us know this already lol) and i would think its color co-ordinated , like suits in what shade of blue or black they are , and shirts going from white all the way through to black ect ect

he said hes so organized its close to being and illness , its not a bad thing though

pasha , i to want to see his closet now !!!

10. Street_a_Licious

me 3 but i guess he's a bigger size than me.... :(

11. b9409

b9409 New Member

I have a feeling it is very much like his NY store: glass cabinets lit from inside etc.

I wonder about his shoes, ties and jewelry, duffles and briefcases, and other accessories though. Oh, and of course his fragrance collection. I am sure those precious bottles do not stand in his bathroom next to cotton pads and Q-tips...

12. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

I'd imagine all skincare and fragrances sit on marble mantelpieces in other bathrooms;Skin Powder Room. Another's for waxing and shaving, one is for...:innocent:

13. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i've always thought richard buckley and tom ford had an understanding....as do many married couples of twenty years.

14. b9409

b9409 New Member

Well they did have an understanding.

Buckley helped him tremendously with his career. And Tom remained to be the eternal younger trophy wife. Tom seems pretty loyal. Have you ever seen Buckley speak? He has that certain something... I can understand why a younger man like Tom would be so attracted to him.

15. Street_a_Licious

i never heard his voice... is it sexy? lol

16. b9409

b9409 New Member

17. Chanelcouture09

(www.youtube.com/user/stylerunner7)

his partner richard gives an interview (from 1993) at 1:02

18. Street_a_Licious

sounds.... gay? like the stereotypic, middle aged gay male tbh. :lol:

19. Chanelcouture09

i've just received his book , it is really good , well worth buying , its mostly a picture book and its very heavy and big , it comes in a velvety slip case and the book is of the same feel . it is a must buy for any tom ford or gucci fan

20. haksare

haksare New Member

^ ooh, where'd you buy it and how much? I've love to read it, especially since it's mostly pictures :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.