Tom Ford On How To Stay Young, Thin And Groomed

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From vogue.co.uk
tford_YSLss02B.jpg

FORD'S FOCUS "BEING thin really is the key to youth." So says Gucci and YSL Rive Gauche creative director Tom Ford. Interviewed by a US magazine recently, the 42-year-old designer admitted that he tries to maintain his "28-year-old body weight" in a bid to stay young. Admitting that men are vainer than women, he said that taking stock of oneself naked in the mirror once a week (back and front view), was another essential to looking good. And having good teeth helps too, apparently. Well-groomed he may be, but Ford, who admits to relying on Coca Cola when he does allow himself a hangover, disapproves of the trend for over zealous depilation - for boys and girls. So there you go. (October 31 2003, AM)

I think he should start teaching his partner some mirror looking routines and ask himself what the froth is he doing with an ancient stone :lol: :lol:

why does he bug me? the site of him irritates me...

Originally posted by lele@Oct 31st, 2003 - 8:44 pm
why does he bug me? the site of him irritates me...
he used to REALLY bug me......trust i had HATE for the guy

but he isnt so bad

i think there are many diff ways to keep in shape for diff pple..some might seem funny to others but work for some1 else, so don't hate :flower:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 31st, 2003 - 3:13 pm
I think he should start teaching his partner some mirror looking routines and ask himself what the froth is he doing with an ancient stone :lol: :lol:
You are so funny Alex....I love reading your witty comments....

this is a revilation how? :wacko:

dosnte very oen whant to stay thin

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 31st, 2003 - 10:08 am
From vogue.co.uk: Ford disapproves of the trend for over zealous depilation - for boys and girls. So there you go.
I just thought this was a bit amusing... Didn't some blind item on hintmag allude to the fact that Mr Gucci himself gets waxed Brazilian style?

Originally posted by tott@Nov 24th, 2003 - 4:53 pm
I just thought this was a bit amusing... Didn't some blind item on hintmag allude to the fact that Mr Gucci himself gets waxed Brazilian style?
Ouch :doh:

Originally posted by tott@Nov 24th, 2003 - 2:53 pm
Didn't some blind item on hintmag allude to the fact that Mr Gucci himself gets waxed Brazilian style?
so tom :lol:

I guess you could call a Brazilian wax a g-string wax, sort of... Afaik Tom is not married but has a boyfriend.

Hm, interesting... Seems like all male fashion designers are gay... Anyone who's not?

The Brookes brothers practically invented the dinner-jacket and Dean & Shepard (strictly business partners) defined the modern padded suit.

The current straight designers are a bit crap: Ralph Lauren spells 'Boring' with a capital letter.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 11:12 am
The Brookes brothers practically invented the dinner-jacket and Dean & Shepard (strictly business partners) defined the modern padded suit.

The current straight designers are a bit crap: Ralph Lauren spells 'Boring' with a capital letter.
i completly disagree....

why is simple, understated, elegant boring? that comment always irritates me because I have a fashion sense that embodies that i dont like loud colorful fashion for myself but i would not call it ugly or wrong because i can see it and appreciate it for others and for what it is.

:cry:

I have always and forever thought the best dressed men and women and those with the less is more philosophy.... and ralph is that and what about calvin he is married......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->