Tom Ford S/S 2019 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by TheoG, Sep 5, 2018.

1. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

2. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

3. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

Sorry about the flow of the images, they saved differently then the order of the show. I tired to put them in order.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    nowfashion.com

kasper! likes this.
  5. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Those lace pencil skirts remind me of YSL Rive Gauche 2003 FW...

Very mature and refine collection, the only thing I am not sure about is the turban styling..

Thanks for posting.

Moxie Remon, tigerrouge and JessRubik like this.
  6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Very beautiful collection, very chic and quite subtle.
    I'm actually surprised by this. Tom is known for doing the 180° thing but i didn't expect this to be so...Romantic in a way.
    It looks very Carine...Maybe the most "Carine" thing he has done since Gucci FW 2002. I know she styled it but it's so obvious...
    The turban is something she has done many times in editorial, the length is very her, the Mary Jane pumps, the corsets, the jackets over the shoulders...
    It's sometimes almost MaxMara-ish (And Carine does a lot at Max Mara)

In terms of clothes, it's very referencial of his past but in a much modern way. Sometimes, it feels like he is referencing people who referenced him. The corsets are very JWA for Loewe but at the same time, he did the corsets at Gucci. The same with the fringes in the eveningwear...It looks very Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy but at the same time, Tom did that in 2004. I also see some touch of Alaia vintage that i like.

I love a lot of things: the big trench coat, the gown on Gigi, the Marabout feathers big coat, the tuxedo, the YSL fw03 skirts, the bags and the shoes.

It's funny because it looks more modern and desirable than S/S18...I mean, it looks now but at the same time, i can't put my fingers in what changed because he was also referencing himself for that collection.

It's a good start for NYFW. Bravo Tom! (Now i need to buy one of those acid suit from the fw18 show).

7. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Thanks God for Tom Ford. This show is already iconic. Truly high-fashion.

I got so entertained with Tom when he goes wild that I forget how much I appreciate when he goes 'sober' and make me rembember why I fell in love with his designs in the first place.
    Sexy and subtle. Chic and mundane. Provocative but quiet... Oh god, I love this guy.

The leather coats are already my new obsession. The skirts are fabulous. The gowns are flawless. I hope Almal never gets anywhere near of this clothes. :ninja:

[​IMG]

The menswear is better this season. Its sharp and luxurious, and I guess thats all we will get from him anyway. The male models are like props in 99% of his shows IMO, so..

8. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

His best collection since his debut women’s show.

Reminds me a lot of his YSL women’s collections....but it feels freshened up in a way. Love the turban styling...it’s just the right touch.

9. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Active Member

The turbans were unnecessary and feel painfully one note. However, the collection is great. I'm glad he's doing HIS vision and not chasing the fads and tends.

10. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

OMG Finally! Tom Ford is back! Not only is this chic and fabulous, but it also feels passionate, sexy, and natural. It's extremely refined, but it retains it's sophistication with just the right amount of sex. It's Tom Ford for the modern era. How amazing is it too see him do ruching again? It's a great homage to his work at Gucci. The menswear is so slick and polished, it's amazing. Take back your crown Tom!

LibertyRose likes this.
  11. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

This is amazing, probably we all are going to remember YSL and Gucci but in 2018 this is a breath of fresh air, since every designer has lost sexuality, elegance and glamour. Now it's all tennis shoes, flats, and sports wear. And this is sexy, glamorous and very RTW. Bravo Tom Ford!

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  12. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Active Member

Finally some glamour!

13. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Jeez it was beautiful ! You can feel the fabrics are amazing, the fitting of each clothes is perfect. Very Gucci/Saint Laurent -esque but in a good way.

Commercial clothes but yet enough creativity to make us entertain. The styling is good, very good. My only complain is his menswear. The same tacky one. I wish he had the balls to evolve his menswear and to propose us something a bit less dapper and a bit more modern I would say. I am done with his suits.

To sum up, best collection from him so far i've seen since a while.

14. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

Beautiful, glamorous, refined, sexy!

15. mepps

mepps Active Member

Sleek, commercial, sexy clothes for beautiful rich people.
    I love it, but it's what he always does. Why are people raving like he's ushering in a return to glamour??
    I actually love the head scarves.

16. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

A few days ago I was talking with Alex Fury and we thought: what we want for the upcoming seasons?
    The answer was very instinctive: glamour.

Thanks Tom Ford for giving us the answer sooner than expected. The collection was really nice. The styling was impeccable -and just like Lola said, very Carine-. I don't mind if suddenly all the brands start to watch the world in this way. There are a lot of clothes to buy and love here and there. My only complain could be the casting -where's Binx?!- but thank lord it didn't out shined the show. Oh, and that HIDEOUS soundtrack for christ sake.

Note: It was quite odd to me to watch Gigi closing. I mean, come on Tom, we're not in 2016. She felt out of touch.

models_vlada likes this.
  17. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

His best collection since...(???). Sleek, simple, chic, sexy and luxurious, what his brand is supposed to be. Crazy about the color pallet, it's delicious, especially on the leather pieces.

18. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

His best collection in many, many years. My only complaint would be the scrub casting but that's pointing at the only cloud in the sky, really.

19. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

I doubt Tom Ford is giving us an inkling to SS 19 trends because Tom usually present his point of view regardless of what everyone is doing. However, what a way to kick off the season! This gives me a small hope that just maybe ... glamour is back. I'm gonna eat my words be the end of the season.

Also the streaming the of the show was perfect, brands need to take note of how to effectively use Instagram Live. Which Tom Ford did excellently with this show.

20. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Active Member

love! finally somethimg great