Tom Ford : Walk Of Style

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Ha.. no business like fashion glam business
its official, Tom Ford gets his place at Walk of Style
(editing myself from getting uber bitchy) :P

By Rose Apodaca Jones

LOS ANGELES — Tom Ford will be the next honoree of the Rodeo Drive Walk of Style on March 28 in Beverly Hills, 20 days after his last bow in Paris for Yves Saint Laurent.

The news Thursday confirmed a WWD report this month.

The tribute salutes style legends for their contributions to the worlds of fashion and entertainment, and was created by the Rodeo Drive Committee and the city of Beverly Hills. Induction includes a brass plaque set in the Rodeo sidewalk, as well as a maquette modeled after the 14-foot “Torso” statue sculpted by Robert Graham that stands at the intersection of Rodeo Drive and Dayton Way. Committee founder and former retailer Fred Hayman, who initiated the award, calls it the “Oscar of fashion.”
The Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Award was inaugurated last September when Giorgio Armani came to town, staging a full runway show watched by a cavalcade of A-listers, including Michelle Pfeiffer, Jodie Foster, Sophia Loren, Diane Keaton and Jessica Simpson. Outkast DJ’d the after party, which rocked on well after the official midnight ending.

Rodeo Drive also will be barricaded and overrun by next month’s event, yet Ford will forgo the runway show for a chic, late-evening cocktail party, according to a Gucci spokeswoman, accommodating 500 friends and fans.

from wwd :flower:

Well, I can't think of a person more deserving of this award at this moment than Tom Ford. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 20th, 2004 - 4:09 am

(editing myself from getting uber bitchy) :P
lol :lol: oh well, good for him :flower:

hmm I never herd about this thing befor.

May be i will go when he comes to town !

Avant garde fashion terrorists :magic: :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"