Tom Ford Womenswear F/W 13.14 London

It's sexy, loud and over the top. Does it get more Tom Ford than that? While it is a lot of color for Tom, I must admit that I am so taken with this collection and I think he handled it really well. The girls look like they're having fun and the clothing only enhances that. As someone else noted, we are so used to the current minimal idea of dressing that this may seem kind of harsh or abrasive, when it actuality it's really great, fun and flamboyant fashion. All of which I have no problem with...

Have to say, there's a lot to like here.

Even if you find the styling over the top or excessive (which, don't you think that's the intention?), you can't deny that there are some really fantastic designer pieces here. People love to slander Tom, calling him a stylist, and not a designer, but here I see so many jackets, skirts, tops, pants and dresses that look thoughtfully and masterfully executed. You can see where your money will be spent. I kind of miss that flashy display of money sometimes that was so prevalent circa 2002-2004.

I particularly love the looks on Karmen and Bette. There are certainly things here I'm not crazy about, but there's a lot I do like.

In a time when everyone and their mother are doing their best Celine imitation, I'm glad Tom is being true to himself and offering the customer something distinct and memorable. You either like it or you don't - and isn't that the point?

Funny, I was thinking just the opposite: that people will justify this because he is Tom Ford. However, if, say, Kanye sent this down the runway, it would be almost universally criticized.

Just my two cents. I know others will disagree and like it. And that's fine. Totally concur with your final sentence. :flower:

Definitely NOT my cup-o-tea.

I feel like it should be shown in Milan for some reason.

That jacket on Arizona is not to be believed. It's SOOOO dior but it's probably the best piece of the entire collection.

Weirdly enough, there are some drool worthy outfits there and there are some... err... things that I cannot yet comprehend. Even weirder, the looks I like happen overweight the bad things, which I find is strange, considering how utterly horrible some of the stuff is, like those blue and yellow flower boots and worst of all - those sweatshirts that should be drenched in kerosine and set ablaze.
But it's so colorful it's creepy. Full on late 70s and 80s at certain points. :ninja:
I'm torn. But it's better than his last two collections. And boy will people talk about the technicolor furs.

while i instinctively HATE all of this cause it's so far from my own taste, i love that he went and did something that's totally beyond everything that's going on in fashion right now. it's absolutely crazy, and some looks are so tacky it hurts, but it works. it's fun. i probably would've liked it more if those boots weren't there in almost every look, but still. most of the jackets are great, too.
the final gown is amazing (hoping to see hqs of that) and this look http://s3.postimage.org/w8344xm9f/fass_tom_ford_fall_2013_runway_24_v.jpg - minus the boots - is just wonderful.

when looked closely there is some great pieces, but a problem with the show was the styling. Though i agree with the others nearly 40% of the collection roughly is just a disaster. I do like the print though of the colourful bright blue boots, though there shape is frumpy. However the black jackets are very chic and a big highlight in the collection.

expensive luxury mess.
even i dont wanna buy this when it goes into outlets, i mean, where should i wear this? except halloween and drag queen parties.

btw, why did tom decide to move shows to london? isn't nyc easier?

I am kind of in love. It is such a mishmosh of stuff, and a lot to take in and digest, but I think the simple fact that no one else seems to have gone in this direction so far this season, this is refreshing.

I'm glad he didn't take an expected approach and show tons and tons of black. The collection looks optimistic and happy. I wasn't bored looking at this.

Interested to see the reviews, however. Just for kicks, as my mind is made up.

I don't understand why the Tom Ford Man and the Tom Ford Woman are complete polar opposites?!? The Tom Ford Man is chic and dapper, the Tom Ford Woman is horrifyingly vulgar. This is the least sexy thing I've seen in my life, it verges on delusional grandma (let me combine every animal print known to mankind!, let me wear bright a$$ designs with lace, and top it all of with the fugliest furs ever, etc., etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on people; there is NO justifying those sparkling MC Hammer pants! "Can't touch [them]!!!" :shock::lol:

mistress_f - you make a good point about the boots: horridly distracting.

Come on people; there is NO justifying those sparkling MC Hammer pants! "Can't touch [them]!!!" :shock::lol:

mistress_f - you make a good point about the boots: horridly distracting.

i don't understand who would want them. other than my digust towards open toed boots in every form and way, these are extremely unflattering on model's legs, how could they ever translate on a 'regular' woman's body? they're horrible and ruin most of the looks imo

I love Tom Ford, some of the outfits are nice but overall this disappoints, many of the outfits look quite tacky and over wrought. Is he going through a mid life crisis or something? I am happy he did a runaway show though, I hope it will help put his clothes in better perspective for next season. The best outfit is the demob suit he is wearing in the end :P

I was about to jump on the band wagon and call this a natural disaster until I saw the full collection. It started to get interesting right around the 14th look on Herieth. From then on I LOVE almost everything. The multi-clored furs are To-Die-For!

And yes mistress_f the boots are horrendous!

At least it's not another Celine wannabe but a lot of the looks are so unflattering on these beautiful models. I can't wait to see how it will translate on someone like Rita Wilson. :unsure:

some nice pieces here and there, love the boots not overwhelmed but it's ok

The styling kills some of these looks, those boots for instance are way too over the top. But the sleeker looks are quite stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->