Tom Ford Womenswear F/W 13.14 London

There are some good looks like the black ensemble worn by Aymeline and black top with embroidered pants/skirt? worn by Bette. However, the zebra prints are making me feel dizzy. The rest of the colored pieces look heavy and some of the boots are really ugly.. Geez, it's like Roberto Cavalli mixed with Dolce and Gabbana with a touch of Jeremy Scott, a dash of Emilio Pucci gone in a wrong way! Overall, it is just a bad collection!

I have only three words: Hid-e-us!! I never would have expected this sort of garbage from him...!! :doh:

Well I appreciate the fact that he tried changing it up but it really doesn't work. This has to be the most hideous thing I've seen so far this season, to be quite honest.

Individually, certain pieces might have potential, but as a whole, it looks like a tacky, incoherent, unflattering mess.

Such a disappointment. This is what we've been waiting for? But it doesn't really matter. They are gonna eat this up.

Editorial usage +++++++++++

V magazine and vogue Japan will be alllll over this

I actually love the vulgarity of the collection as a whole. I think the most successful pieces are the more refined and cleaner looks though. And it honestly looks like some of the photos are from the 90s. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet.

while i instinctively HATE all of this cause it's so far from my own taste, i love that he went and did something that's totally beyond everything that's going on in fashion right now. it's absolutely crazy, and some looks are so tacky it hurts, but it works. it's fun. i probably would've liked it more if those boots weren't there in almost every look, but still. most of the jackets are great, too.
the final gown is amazing (hoping to see hqs of that) and this look http://s3.postimage.org/w8344xm9f/fass_tom_ford_fall_2013_runway_24_v.jpg - minus the boots - is just wonderful.

THIS a million times. After several seasons of minimalistic collections from every designer imaginable, I'm all for something new or different, even if it's absolutely tacky or repulsive. I think Tom is a gaudy, ridiculous designer, but at least he makes fashion EXCITING. I'm so glad he's back. He knows how to put on a show, kinda like Galliano.

Meanwhile in Italy, a designer named Frida must be rolling on the floor laughing, after seeing this collection...

It is like Tom decided he wanted to play Donatella Versace for a day! Hope he gets tired of it soon.

Most of the pieces are good.Give Tom a right stylist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the word "fun" pop up in a few posts and, yeah, that's exactly it. It's fun, deliberately so. Yes it's vulgar, yes it's tacky, yes it's loud, and it's fully in command of that. I think it's easy to forget that Ford is someone who knows how to do things with tongue firmly in cheek, and this is a clear case of that. It dares you to call it tacky and when you do replies with "yeah, so"?

It's still sinking in, because this is nothing at all what I would've expected, but I do like this. It's capital 'F' fashion. If nothing else I think the fact that it comes as a surprise from an aesthetic POV is enough reason to give it credit.

It's so over the top, vulgar, and ridiculous but for some reason I can't help but like it. This has been a rather boring season so far, and I'm glad someone decided to go over the top. Some looks are a big no but most of it works in some way.

Knowing Tom Ford, he probably did this collection with a deliberate intention , he has put soooooo many good collections in his lifetime, so I suspect that this is the reason. I am not so happy with the clothes , but happy he did a proper fashion show with superb casting.

It's so freaking decadent. I mean, I might be wrong, but is that shocking pink patchwork suit with matching boots all pony and Persian lamb?
Those hoodies that are entirely encrusted in sequins; the embroidered skirt with the black and white fur edging; the sequinned Russian peasant boots; the leather coats with the lizardskin collars; the indecipherable beaded cobweb lace; the cobweb lace with additional starburst sequins... that fabulous purple coat is embroidered Persian lamb with a yellow mink and fox collar, black fox cuffs, with a black and white mink edging.
Though I adore minimal designs, we've definitely seen a lot of it (and a lot of people not really doing much with it..) and I think by Tom Ford presenting likeable but somewhat forgettable collections in private shows or presentations in the recent past, he has really blown my mind now with this full on super show with the most expensive and luxurious clothing and accessories.
I mean, if someone wandered past me in that magenta Persian lamb coat with the blue collar slipping off their shoulders... woah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"