Tom Ford's news:book & political views

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
In case you've been losing sleep over Tom's next project :P

Tom Ford has yet to zero in on a script and has denied reports he’s in talks with Miramax. During a call Friday from his ranch in New Mexico, Ford said he’s still “reviewing” potential projects. In all truth, though, he admitted he’s actually trying not to do much of anything during the remaining weeks of his summer holiday. It's a striking change for the once 24/7 designer. “I am opening an office in the old Geffen building on Sunset [Boulevard],” he said of his new West Hollywood digs, currently under renovation. “The plan is to move in the first week of September.
from wwd :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Aug 23 2004, 09:25 AM
In case you've been losing sleep over Tom's next project :P
[snapback]342332[/snapback]​

opening an office to do what? last time i checked he didn't do anything since leaving Gucci :innocent:

WWD wasted my time and told me nothing new.......what was the point of this article?

point was to update us that Tom has been on a long vacations and that he's moving to SUNSET, there :P

here some extra TF news regarding the Dallas launch of his eponymous book

Tom Ford to Visit Neiman’s Flagship

DALLAS — Tom Ford will make a personal appearance at Neiman Marcus’ downtown flagship here Oct. 28, one of only three stops in the U.S. where he will promote his new eponymous book, from Rizzoli.

The other cities will be New York and Los Angeles, although details on those stops weren’t released at an announcement party Neiman’s hosted on Monday night.

“Tom Ford,” which officially debuts Nov. 1, is being described as a comprehensive overview of the designer’s work for Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, divided into 10 one-year sections. It features more than 300 published and previously unpublished images by photographers such as Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, Annie Leibovitz and others. The book includes a foreword by Vogue’s editor in chief Anna Wintour, an introduction by Graydon Carter, editor in chief of Vanity Fair, and interviews and text by Bridget Foley, vice president and executive editor of WWD and its sister publication, W. Vogue and Vanity Fair, like WWD and W, are owned by Advance Publications Inc.

“It’s a homecoming for a true Texas-born star,” said Ken Downing, a vice president at Neiman’s, citing Ford’s hometown of Austin, also the state capital. Ford’s aunt Betty Thrasher still owns a women’s specialty store called The Rosebud in Temple, Tex., a small town in the center of the state.

Weird, cause in an interview in April he talked about taking long vacation time after his resignation......gotta love redundent reports.

The book is news to me though, I'd like to take a peek at it.

Originally posted by BrothaG@Aug 23 2004, 09:16 AM
Definitely :heart:
[snapback]342500[/snapback]​

From Amazon.com:

About the Author
Tom Ford has been showered with design awards in recent years, including 3 awards from the Council of Fashion Designers of America, 5 VH1/ Vogue Fashion Awards, British GQ International Man of the Year, and Designer of the Year by GQ America.

Book Description
Tom Ford has become one of fashion's great icons. In the past decade, he transformed Gucci from a moribund accessories label into one of the sexiest fashion brands in the world. His designs have increased sales at Gucci tenfold and have helped build the Gucci brand into the luxury goods conglomerate that it is today. Ford brought a hard-edged style synonymous with 21st century glamour to his clothes, and Hollywood sat up and took note.
This book is a complete catalogue of Ford's design work for both Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent from 1994 to 2004. It chronicles not only Ford's clothing and accessories designs for both houses, but also explores Ford's grand vision for the complete design of a brand, including architecture, store design, and advertising.
Tom Ford features more than 200 photographs by Richard Avedon, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, Helmut Newton, Herb Ritts, Terry Richardson, Craig McDean, Todd Eberle, and numerous other photographers including many previously unpublished images.
Published to coincide with his departure from Gucci, this book has been created with Ford's full cooperation and every page reflects his exceptional taste. It is Ford's testament to a career of singular moments reinventing the boundaries of style and sensuality in clothing.

first i'm hearing of any book...

thanks everyone for the info... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 23 2004, 11:35 AM
first i'm hearing of any book...

thanks everyone for the info... :flower:
[snapback]342644[/snapback]​
Yeah, same with me, and as we all know I'm a Tom fan.......I do however remember a thread on tFS a while back around his finale shows and someone, not sure who, said something like they should make a coffe table book.

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 23 2004, 02:38 AM
opening an office to do what? last time i checked he didn't do anything since leaving Gucci :innocent:
[snapback]342337[/snapback]​
uhuhb :rolleyes:

Just added to my wishlist- but for $85 bucks I'll look at it in the bookstore first!

There don't seem to be many Tom Ford fans here, which was made clear after seeing the 'Tom Ford Hate' topic. :P

Personally I'm not a huge fan of his work for YSL and Gucci, which isn't to say I don't think he did a great job in his 14 years there.

From interviews he seems like an intelligent man, he's handsome and articulate, and has many people in high places praising his work. I doubt he will be 'unemployed' for long. :wink:

Originally posted by Meg@Aug 23 2004, 04:38 AM
[snapback]342337[/snapback]​

so he won't have to take business calls/mail at his homes...keeps life simple

Tom voicing his political views :

THE OTHER TEXAS RANCHER: Tom Ford talks tough in the “Election Special!” September/October issue of Index, which hits newsstands Sept. 7. In an interview with the magazine’s founder and creative director Peter Halley, Ford gripes about fellow Texan President Bush, saying, “Bush has embraced the stereotypical good-ole-boy side of Texas, which can be racist, narrow-minded, and self-serving.” Yep, them’s fightin’ words. “The U.S. used to be perceived as the moral leader of the world, and we have absolutely lost that. I think we appear as the most morally corrupt country on the planet,” the former Gucci designer continued. Though he’s still talking up his planned foray into film — the right script has yet to materialize — one thing Ford’s second act will not include is a run for office. “Think of the scrutiny politicians have to endure. The other day I smoked a joint, what am I gonna do?” The cannabis apologist now splits his time between Los Angeles and his ranch in New Mexico, but he’ll be taking one for the Democrats and voting in Longhorn country come November. Said Ford: “I’m a Texas resident, so my vote will be cast in a red state.” — S.J.
from wwd of today

From the Telegraph

''Where will fashion supremo and ex-Gucci designer Tom Ford pop up next? According to the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Ford's highly anticipated move into the movie world is already under way. It is rumoured that the suave Texan will begin shooting at Rome's Cinecitta studio in the next few weeks. Unsurprisingly, Ford is sticking to what he knows best - his first movie will focus on the glossy world of fashion magazines''.

Might be a good flick, it can't be any worse than Pret a Porter!

There don't seem to be many Tom Ford fans here, which was made clear after seeing the 'Tom Ford Hate' topic.

I'm a huge fan, and I want that book!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->