Tom Ford's Next Move

ebowleg

Reaction score
Personally, I think Tom and Dominico should move over to Versace and begin rebuilding the brand. Donatella should keep designing of course, but Tom and Dominico would turn the company into the powerhouse Gucci is. As for Gucci, I don't know who should design that line. In my opinion, it should be one of the designers that worked really close with Tom on the Gucci and YSL collections. Bringing in designers like Marc Jacobs definitely wouldn't work (LVMH), and Zac Posen doesn't deserve the priviledge of designing Gucci- yet. What are your thoughts? :rolleyes:

I defenitly agree that Tom should move to Versace, it will be really exciting.
and, where is this picture taken from?

Whenever I see Tom Ford I want to slap him across the face with a rotten-fish...dunno why...

I think Gaultier should move to YSL and Tom should go wherever...

I got the picture from the Gucci Resort collection...You can find it at the Gucci website. :wink:

but how do you save the pics?
it's a flash website...

I just entered the Women's cruise collection section and right clicked the pictures. If you want the big pics, click on the small pictures and then right click and Save As...hope this helps :wink:

i think that tom should stay away from fashion for the time being...domenico really can do anything he wants because he was involved with the business in a more direct way than tom, but tom's high profile needs to simmer down a bit before he makes his next move. i think that tom should either start a line of his own or go somewhere small...loris azzaro maybe or even a carven or something like that...

or possibly stay away from fashion totally and go into film or something...tom is good at creating moods, possibly he could translate his marketable creativity into something profitable on screen.

one thing we know is that he does not plan to start his own fashion house (clever Tom) and that he's thinking of going into movie business.

For more regarding the already discussed "future of Tom" try HERE ebowleg :P

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 7th, 2003 - 12:27 pm
Whenever I see Tom Ford I want to slap him across the face with a rotten-fish...dunno why...

I think Gaultier should move to YSL and Tom should go wherever...
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too funny!

It would be interesting to see him starting his own fashion house, though.

It's difficult to imagine Tom Ford doing Versace because he embodied and became the virtual face of Gucci today, but if he can bring Versace back to the glory it once had then fine by me.

Though look at what happened to YSL, at the start you thought it would be fine then it became more retro and disastrous. He failed to re-invent the house. At Verscae, though, he can re-invent it. Versace and Gucci have a lot of similarities.

Movies too can be a good idea... all we have to do is wait. :flower:

dear all , i'm new to this site and i find it absolutely fascinating - all the inside info that one could ever desire , as i've been a fashion junkie for more years than i care to remember ! imho there are ONLY two candidates for ysl rive gauche - the first beingCLAUDE MONTANA as he has that french 'je ne sais quoi' quirkiness of aesthetic that one finds that only the french possess eg look at peugeot , renault ,phillippe starck ,alain mikli et al. gone are the days of his arrogance that resulted in his fall from grace in the mid 90's after personal tragedy and financial troubles. the baseball shoulders have gone along with the 80's (although katie grand and scott henshall brought them back in their work for bottega veneta pre the gucci takeover ! ).remember his superb leathers for ideal cuir and his equally acclaimed work for lanvin couture ? the only other candidate would be HEDI SLIMANE as he has yves talent for tailoring and if the press reports are to be believed it's tom ford's lack of daywear in his ysl collections that have helped his demise.ysl rive gauche ,at the moment = gucci ,it is NOT PARIS but residing in that neverland that is milan-los angeles. i have an extensive collection of vintage saint laurent rive gauche pieces and the present clothes cannot match the esoteric originals in any way ! these are menswear by the way ,but the men's line always followed the women's -remember the ethnic middle european collections of the mid 70's ? i would be interested to see what you 'insiders' think !

Mr. Tom Fords next move should include a close shave and a fashion show
at my Fire Station.

i think he shd start his own label.hIS NAME ALREADY SELLS ITSELF AND HE LL TAKE THAT SLEEK DESIGN AWAY FROM GUCCI TO HIS NEW FASHION HSE

Tom Ford's next move is the revamp of Halston, he has always loved Halston, hes american, its an american brand in the dumps and he is a master of revitilization. Halston is closely tied to celebrities as is Ford. I can see the stores now, its a perfect fit.

i dont think tom ford should take over versace. versace is already a greatly established house in society and i cant see him and donetella working side by side.

tom either needs to open his own house or he needs to find some small unassuming house that he can recreate. i think halston would be good but maybe something less known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->