Tom In Rome

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
here we go

ROME (AFP) - After making it to the very top in fashion, celebrity designer Tom Ford is about to try his hand at cinema, with a shoot planned at Cinecitta studios in Rome.

Italy's La Repubblica newspaper said on Friday the Texan couturier with the playboy looks had a script ready and was due to shoot. Unsurprisingly, it added, the film was set in the cruel cold world of fashion -- a world he quit a few months ago when at the pinnacle of success.

Cinecitta studios did not confirm the report.

According to La Repubblica, Ford's script has two powerful magazine editors ready to resort to any means to dominate the fashion scene.

He said earlier this year after ending a decade-long reign at Gucci Group that he was mulling a new career in cinema.

"I am very serious about wanting to make a movie ... as a director," he said in March.

Ford left with then CEO Domenico De Sole, the pair who reinvented the Italian luxury label in the mid-1990s.

from Yahoo /AFP

I would see his movie. I hope it's as dramatic as the fashion world really seems to be. Thanks for the article. :smile:

Originally posted by seraphelle@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:20 am
I would see his movie. I hope it's as dramatic as the fashion world really seems to be. Thanks for the article. :smile:
I have a horrible feeling that it could turn out to be as big a disaster as Robert Altman's ' turkey ' , ' Pret a Porter ' !!!!! :(

KIT :cry:

the problem with any fashion isider doing an 'expose' of the industry is that it's career suicide...so very few insiders are willing to go that route...

but the stories that i could tell.... :rolleyes: :innocent:

and i'm not even in on the really dramatic stuff... :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:07 am
the problem with any fashion isider doing an 'expose' of the industry is that it's career suicide...so very few insiders are willing to go that route...

There's always an anonymous alias , Soft :heart:

I cannot WAIT to hear about the shenanegins with CALVIN KLEIN , PERRY ELLIS and the rest of theNYC scene . :o

KIT :blush:

i guess it's best to stick to something you know first...i was hoping tom would make the cinematic equivalent of his clothes...not "a day in the life" type of movie that's guaranteed to be marginalized here in america.

Originally posted by kit+Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:07 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kit @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:07 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jul 4th, 2004 - 12:07 am

There's always an anonymous alias , Soft :heart:

I cannot WAIT to hear about the shenanegins with CALVIN KLEIN , PERRY ELLIS and the rest of theNYC scene . :o

KIT :blush: [/b][/quote]
i guess i could write it under 'softgrey'...

hahaha.... :lol: :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->