Tomek Szalanski

A model prepares backstage at the Nicholas K Fall 2013 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Studio at Lincoln Center on February 7, 2013 in New York City. (February 6, 2013 - Source: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America)
Nicholas+K+Backstage+Fall+2013+Mercedes+Benz+6WIUW9T2Xowl.jpg
Nicholas+K+Backstage+Fall+2013+Mercedes+Benz+mJQ5i9wqCjrl.jpg

A model prepares backstage at the Y-3 AW13 Show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 10, 2013 in New York City. (February 9, 2013 - Source: Brad Barket/Getty Images North America)
Y+3+AW13+Show+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+Week+Backstage+B0o7UR_Cx_ul.jpg

The World of Tomek
Photographer: Joseph Lally
Stylist: Alejandro Lopez
Makeup Artist: Cheyenne

soulartistmanagement.com

Photographed by David Needleman
Production, styling and Casting: John Tan|JTC Casting
Grooming: Cecilia Romero|Art Department
Models: Ezekiel Smith|Citizen/Red; Tomek Szanlanski|Soul Artist Mgmt.; Jonas Schedin|Wilhelmina

johntancasting.blogspot.com

My friend Katie from coeurs de foxes interviewed him! :smile:

1. What's your favourite fashion show?
Tomek: My favourite fashion show is Z Zegna Men Spring 2013. I think it looks amazing. I love the show and the clothes- they are genius.
2. What are you thinking about when you are on the catwalk?
Tomek: What am I thinking about when I'm on the catwalk... Hmmm, when the catwalk is classic, I try to relax, I listen to music in the background. The catwalks are twisted very often. Sometimes these are in restaurants, palaces or even museums where we must remember among which tables we must walk, which room we must enter, etc. So then I guess all I think is to not mess this up.
3. Have you ever had any weird/awkward situations with your fans, on backstage, catwalk, etc?
Tomek: Yes, sometimes funny situations happen. These usually are on fashion shows abroad. Stars like e.g Lady Gaga enter the shows very often. I worked with her on Thierry Mugler's show two years ago. I remember, the whole street was closed, because such massive crowd came to see her. We (models) were also secured by bodyguards, because people got so mad.
4. What is fashion for you?
Tomek: Fashion is art for me. It'sa part of my job, so also part of me. It's also my addiction. I had no idea there is something like fashion world two years ago. Now, I guess I can't live without this. It makes me crazy when I must stay in Poland for more than three weeks. Then I e-mail my agent and ask him to send me abroad.
5. I know you used to play volleyball. Do you miss this?
Tomek: I miss this very, veeery much. Sometimes, when I have a time & an opportunity I play volleyball. Unfortunatelly, my contusion is stronger than me so I can't play. I'm happy I can play but the other hand I want to cry I can't play as much as I wish I could. Lose favourite sport is like lose your best friend. Now I have only memories.
6. If you could choose one super power, what would it be?
Tomek: Controling the time. I was able to make bad moments shorter then and make the best one longer. My life was even more interesting then. Maybe even happier. And also my trips wouldn't be so tiring. 10 hours in a plain isn't a pleasure.

coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->