Tommy Hilfiger F/W 2024.25 New York

Tommy Hilfiger brought his Fall Winter 2024-2025 collection back to New York Fashion Week in grand style, setting the scene at the iconic Grand Central Station's Oyster Bar.

Hilfiger's focus this season was on reinventing his classic American sportswear staples for a modern New York audience. He described the city as the epicenter of "classic American cool," and his approach reflected this ethos.

Throughout the collection, Hilfiger revisited and redefined the DNA of his brand, established almost 40 years ago. As Hilfiger himself stated, "It's all about relevant shapes, relevant details, and making it wearable and affordable, but above all, it still has to be Tommy."

It’s a good collection! Stylish, fresh, wearable and timeless.
Maybe it’s time for Americans to have actually more respect for Tommy Hilfiger, who can design a coat with a shape, a decent shoulder, pants that falls perfectly and flatter the body…Than for Peter Do who can hide the poor skills in pretentious concepts.

It’s a good collection! Stylish, fresh, wearable and timeless.
Maybe it’s time for Americans to have actually more respect for Tommy Hilfiger, who can design a coat with a shape, a decent shoulder, pants that falls perfectly and flatter the body…Than for Peter Do who can hide the poor skills in pretentious concepts.
The average American buyer has quite a bit of respect for Hilfiger. It's the New York fashon scene that mocks him (and Michael Kors).

I like this, very private American University chic

I mean this is all department store pricing. These bombers are like $399 made in china affairs. Its quite good once u realize the customer its for.

Any unfashionable 22 year old can stumble into a TH section and come out with something classically preppy.

this is not really a good collection, not by any means.

it's just the styling that is good here.
Styled by Joe McKenna. Casting Michelle Lee.

This show really exemplifies the difference in brand perception for Tommy between the US and the rest of the world (EU mainly). They don't have a single O&O store on US grounds and only do outlets and departement stores. Everywhere else, there are big flagships and lots of folks consider it fashionable...also because the product is a lot different from the US. More of a point of view in em, even the basics. Hope this decent proposal Usher a change for US markets.

I mean this is all department store pricing. These bombers are like $399 made in china affairs. Its quite good once u realize the customer its for.

Any unfashionable 22 year old can stumble into a TH section and come out with something classically preppy.
The pricing is not indicative of the kind of customer more than the the style of clothes, the styling, the fact that logos are less pushed…
Those runway collections have contributed a lot in the elevation of the perception of the Hilfiger brand in Europe, which is seen as a poor’s man Ralph Lauren.

Social Media has created this kind of legend where people think that people with money only shops at Loro Piana, The Row and things like that…No. They also buy Hilfiger. The key element for him beyond a kind of fashion and taste pedigree is the location of his stores.

In a city like Paris for example, he has a flagship at Boulevard des Capucines, which is a nice area, not intimidating. But before that, they had a store Rue Saint Honore! And it was still with the desire of elevating the perception of the brand…And as @Mr-Dale said, distance themselves from the image they have in the US.

This collection screams European market. I don’t know if it attracts people in the US though.

I forget that europe loves high street brands.

TH had a huge boutique in soho literally Grand St. i dont think TH has a strong brand image in the US. I think generally speaking with the shrinking of the middle class brands like TH and PRL are losing relevance. $900 shirts on men are normalized now. $1k sneakers are the minimum.

I forget that europe loves high street brands.

TH had a huge boutique in soho literally Grand St. i dont think TH has a strong brand image in the US. I think generally speaking with the shrinking of the middle class brands like TH and PRL are losing relevance. $900 shirts on men are normalized now. $1k sneakers are the minimum.
It's also why we've had the mass collapse of designers' diffusion lines last decade, with the only survivor being Miu Miu.

Nowadays, this price point seems to be filled with younger designer brands like Jacquemus, Alyx, Y/Project, Enfants Riches Déprimés.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->