Tomo Koizumi S/S 2021 New York

Despite not being the most groundbreaking of creations, Tomo Koizumi's creations have felt like a breath of fresh air during NYFW! All those huge dresses are undebatably like nothing we've seen over recent days - some drama and theatrics, at the very least.

I bet it'd be so fun to wear one of those tulle monstrosities. That's all I can say about this honestly. It's fun! And that's good, because most other fashion brands don't have that quality these days.

Well I have to give it to him, he managed to come up with a fresh take on what appears to be his signature. The look on the red bridge is my favourite, and an educated shopper should be able to break the short length pieces apart to make it look less kitschy.

I hear GBValli scoffing in the background...

Deserved scoffing— and Giambattista’s got nothing to sweat over, frankly.

Outside of his oversized Muppet piñatas (which are admittedly cute and novelty fluff), he really can’t even manage basics. Just when I think the white gowns are so unflattering in how much the wearer looks bigger in them— these basic ruffle tees/minis look absurdly amateur: like they’re actually wearing cheap Party City piñatas as dresses. There's a reason Japan rejected him.

I know I've seen these before!

YgJzWRG6_o.jpg

source: delish.com

He is living in the shadows of his compatriots, even in the league of his generations, and he is only NYFW-worthy. Though he has a defined aesthetics, he is kind of like the Richard Quinn of NYFW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->