Top 10 Most Viewed Shows, According to Vogue Runway

Creative

Reaction score
Since I'm the biggest fan of statistics I found this very interesting and wanted to share it. It shows the 10 most viewed shows each season in Vogue Runway. I think it's also interesting because it sort of shows which brands are 'hot' at the moment... I had some suprises!

Credits to Vogue Runway (link).:flower:

Spring 2015

1. Chanel - 3.594.241
2. Dolce - 2.643.563
3. Saint Laurent - 2.513.396
4. Valentino - 2.507.080
5. Vuitton - 2.394.355
6. Givenchy - 2.329.477
7. Céline - 2.072.063
8. Prada - 2.059.602
9. Dior - 1.896.252
10. Dries Van Noten - 1.848.587 (Weird :/)

Fall 2015

1. Kanye for Adidas - 4.578.461 - New entry
2. Chanel- 3.405.945 - Rank last season: 1
3. Dolce Gabbana - 2.905.544 - RLS: 2
4. Valentino - 2.547.711 / RLS: Same
5. Saint Laurent - 2.244.004 - RLS: 3
6. Gucci - 2.102.173 - New entry (Michele's debut)
7. Vuitton - 2.025.937 - RLS: 5
8. Prada - 1.996.781 - RLS: Same
9. Givenchy - 1.933.750 - RLS: 6
10. Dries Van Nooten - 1.900.55 - Same

Out: Céline, Dior

Spring 2016

1. Chanel - 4.265.576 - RLS 2
2. Givenchy - 3.191.808 - RLS 9 (NY show)
3. Gucci - 2.679.889 - RLS 6
4. Valentino - 2.564.032 - RLS: Same
5. Saint Laurent - 2.467.790 - RLS: Same
6. Dolce Gabbana - 2.100.258 - RLS: 3
7. Vuitton - 2.067.868 - RLS: Same
8. Dior - 1.778569 - New Entry (Simons' last show)
9. Céline - 1.754.051 - New Entry
10. Prada - 1.732.689 - RLS: 8

Out: Dries, Kanye

Fall 2016

1. Chanel- 4,077,792 - RLS: Same
2. Gucci - 3,133,079 - RLS: 3
3. Valentino - 2,703,569 - RLS: 4
4. Balmain -2,660,183 - New Entry
5. Balenciaga - 2,465,860 - New Entry (Demna's Debut)
6. Dolce & Gabbana - 2,378,733 - RLS: Same
7. Marc Jacobs - 2,278,833 - New Entry (Show with Lady Gaga)
8. Louis Vuitton - 2,215,149 - RLS: 7
9. Saint Laurent - 2,147,005 - RLS: 5 (Hedi's last show)
10. Yeezy - 1,923,076 - New Entry

Out: GIVENCHY, Prada, Céline, Dior

Weird to see Balmain at the top for no reason. :blink:

Spring 2017

1. Gucci- 4,722,131 - RLS: 2
2. Chanel - 3,999,749 - RLS: 1
3. Christian Dior - 3,814,360 - New Entry (Maria's debut)
4. Saint Laurent - 3,635,069 - RLS: 9 (Vaccarello's debut)
5. Dolce & Gabbana - 3,467,679 - RLS: 6
6. Valentino - 3,093,211 - RLS: 3 (Pier's debut)
7. Balmain -3,002,930 - RLS: 4
8. Prada - 2,692,577 - New Entry
9. Louis Vuitton - 2,617,081 - RLS: 8
10. Alexander Wang - 2,445,330 - New Entry

Out: Yeezy, Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga :blink:

Crazy to see Balmain and Dolce between the most viewed shows...

Fall 2017

1. Gucci - 6,124,982 :shock: - RLS: Same
2. Saint Laurent - 4,775,942 :shock: - RLS: 4
3. Dolce & Gabbana - 4,236,252 - RLS: 5
4. Chanel - 4,177,045 - RLS: 2
5. Balenciaga - 3,259,411 - New Entry
6. Christian Dior - 3,251,668 - RLS: 3
7. Prada -2,993,562 - RLS: 8
8. Calvin Klein - 2,899,795 - New Entry (Raf's debut)
9. Dries Van Noten - 2,536,546 - New entry (Anniversary)
10. Louis Vuitton - 2,496,016 - RLS: 9

Out: Balmain, Alexander Wang

Maria Grazia making best numbers than Raf at Dior and even at Calvin Klein in his first show!

And Chanel slowly loosing the 1 spot...

And no one cares about Givenchy anymore... till Clare's debut. :lol:

It's also strange that Céline isn't in the top 10 as of late...

And it's crazy so many people care about Dolce & Gabbana... like... I don't even bother watching their shows cause it's always the same, and they are so long and boring... yet people seem to love it. I live in a different dimension.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
For some reasons, those lists doesn't suprise me. Maybe the only 2 surprises are Balenciaga being absent for SS17 and Dries being in the SS15 list.

What i think is interesting is to see the power of the big brands. Of course as the most powerful fashion house in the world, Chanel is at the top but it shows that the combination of a major brand, an iconic designer an big shows work. The Chanel show is maybe the only anticipated show in the world.

I don't think that people cares so much about Calvin Klein as a brand. Dior is a little bit more prestigious and the expectations are much more higher. CK doesn't have a reputation of a leader in fashion. Raf's goal is to make that change.

About Givenchy, it clearly shows the end of a cycle. For some people, the 10 years show was really the end...

Céline is not in the top because Phoebe's fashion is less accessible. Minimalism has passed and while her collections are still interesting and good..Now, she is more like a cult designer or a designer's designer like what Nicolas used to be during his last 3 years at Balenciaga.

About D&G, it's simple! Their collections are heavily themed, they are playing the social-media/influencers game, for some reason people are expecting THAT MOMENT they miss from the mid-to late 00's and above all: they sells!
The shapes are always the same but it's something very relatable, wearable and once you got a dress, you just need to go to Vogue.com to see which version of the dress you already own, you'll buy next season.

The saddest thing maybe about those list is to see that Balmain has only been in the list when Kendall opened the show. Yes, Olivier's exposure has made wonders for the brand in terms of brand recognition and maybe sales (maybe because the items that are selling are still the ones created by Decarnin) but i don't think it's that coherent compared to his exposure. It's sad that people are more obsessed about his life on IG than his work.

Same, Dries being in the top ten two seasons in a row is REALLY weird!

It was also weird for me to see that Dior is way more viral now with Maria, eventhough it had more 'fashion' factor with Raf!

And when I saw the list for the first time, I was surprised to see Dolce. Maybe it was the one that surprised me the most actually. I thought fashion people didn't care about it at all.

And I think it also shows that the interest towards Vuitton is slightly fading... As well as with Chanel. I'm Chanel biggest fan (as a concept, don't like what they do tho), but I think their formula is getting old... And it's a pitty. It looks like the only thing that makes you stay relevant is firing a designer and then hiring a hotter one. Literally.

Gucci having 6 million hits is just INSANE. Two more millions than the next one... Crazy! I thought their relevance was starting to fade, but I was wrong. Would've never guessed it was the number 1!

And Vacarello's last show number 2??? Even more than Slimane's! :o I wonder if his clothes are selling... Their boutiques are always deserted. I work really close to a Saint Laurent store and I've never seen anyone inside.

And Versace never made it to the top 10... I don't know about how they are doing, but as well as SL, I never see people in their store. Like... no one.

@Creative: Yes, the Dries thing is weird. I know that Kanye West and the Kardashian made him a "THING" for the millenials so maybe it was around that time.

I totally agree about the Chanel formula. I still like the clothes but the extreme gap (Big shows with big stunts/gimmcks VS low-key show with real fashion proposition) is kinda expected.

The Vuitton formula is also drastically different from Marc. Nicolas's fashion is much more edgy than what Marc did and much more efficient in a way (i know it's selling) but it doesn't have the grandeur and the sparkle of the Marc days. Yes, the Vuitton Foundation or the Louvre are beautiful but it's not a train...

Gucci is the biggest success right now. The traffic in their stores is big and from celebrities to regular people, everybody wants a piece of Gucci.

Saint Laurent is a bit too early to judge in terms of sales but i think it's selling. They have kept the Hedi model in terms of separates and everything, plus Vaccarello's two collections are getting a cute buzz so i guess it will go crescendo!

Versace, it depends of where you're located but it has never that much of an European appeal. Versace is a very international brand...I mean, in their Parisian store, you don't see a lot of "parisian" or "french".

For example, i never see that much of a traffic in Prada boutiques compared to Chanel or Dior...Even more Gucci. Whether it's London, Paris or L.A.

What is relevance to you? Because those lists are more about popularity at a certain point. Because for me, in order to go deep into the relevance part, we have to see the bigger picture.
I don't think Alexander Wang is really relevant as a designer.

I don't know if someone in the Marc Jacobs team read TFS but he should really consider showing in Paris. I do think that he needs to regain popularity and this is not going to happen in NYC.

Prada's very low on the list basically every time. :ninja:

It's totally understandable. To be honest, what was her last HIT collection or her last commercial hit?
I know here on TFS every collection of Miuccia is "her best collection in a long time" but you can't survive forever with that "mass intellectualism" vision.

Wow that Dries carpet got a massive audience that I never knew. Weird.

Prada's very low on the list basically every time. :ninja:

Out of 100+ Shows having that many views is an accomplishment in itself. It doesn't even matter if your No.10 or No.1. That kind of publicity is priceless and that goes for everybody.

Fascinating.

At first I thought these numbers represented the views on youtube, but it appears these are the image views on Vogue Runway only?

And then, I found this quite interesting too
The second reason the numbers are so high could be the season’s epically long shows. Gucci’s combined women’s and men’s collections came in at a whopping 119 looks, and Dolce & Gabbana and Saint Laurent weren’t far behind with 118 and 106 each, respectively. That makes Balenciaga’s fifth-place finish, with its modest-by-comparison 47 looks, all the more impressive.

So it's not just the number of views a collection received as a whole, but how many times a runway look from a particular collection was viewed? That would certainly explain why Chanel, Dolce and most recently Gucci and YSL have so many views. They each have like a gazillion looks.

^No, I don't think that's how it works. I think the article refers to the fact that if you have more outfits and you are showing menswear and womenswear at the same time, people are more likely to feel attracted to something and then they want to check the whole collection. I think a view is counted when you click on the tumbnail of a collection.

What is relevance to you? Because those lists are more about popularity at a certain point. Because for me, in order to go deep into the relevance part, we have to see the bigger picture.
I don't think Alexander Wang is really relevant as a designer.

With relevance I meant that people have a interest in the brand. Not in terms of sales. But I think these sort of things (people's interest) translate into sales too, at least in a way.

I really wonder how Prada is doing too... I'll know soon. :cool: I was checking the collections the other day and I was like... Gosh, it's not what it used to be at all! It went downhill... The collections are pretty bad, they fail to create "it bags", the campaigns are mehh, their power with models is not the same...

I can't understand why they don't have a strong leathergoods design. They don't have an identity in terms of bags...

BTW, Bouchra's Lanvin didn't make it to the top a single time... No one is interested in it. I guess the will fire her soon.

^You are welcome! :flower:

Isn't it surprising that Valentino is always so highly ranked? Way more than Céline or even Prada or Vuitton... I find it super weird!

I went to shopping last week and from all the stores that I went, the only store that I saw people buying stuff was at Gucci (I saw one girl buying at Miu Miu too but it's not the case) and yes, it's kinda crazy, I love this new Gucci, but I never could imagine that his work would attract so many people not just to the buzz but to the stores too! This views numbers are the reflection of that. It's very interesting.

D&G, Chanel and LV I can understand. D&G is a circus - in bad way - now. Chanel and LV have money and prestige to call people, besides the great clothes.

The Dior numbers I think is because of curiosity, it will fade way, I hope, but I don't doubt that Maria's Dior will have more profits than Raf's...

Valentino still have this 'fairy-tale' approach that calls young women, not to buy, but to fantasy with IMO, maybe thats why the numbers...

Thanks Creative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->