Top 10 New Faces S/S 10

Constance did walk a lot of major shows for the first time, especially in Paris (first time at Balenciaga, Balmain, Dior, McQueen, Chloé, Stella McCartney, Valentino...) and that somewhat surprising debut appearance at Calvin Klein, so in a sense I guess this was her "real" breakthrough season. But I think they probably just looked back at old lists and realised that they had missed her in the past. At least they added disclaimers about her and Shu Pei.

^Yah, the disclaimers were good :smile: I would say Constance benefited the most from all the missing names this season, so hopefully she can capture this momentum to the fullest.

Okay, late to the party once more. 9/10 (no Ranya)! I'm honestly happy for Constance. I mentioned and entertained the idea of putting Constance on my list but under the influence of others, I changed my mind. Damn me being so malleable and indecisive. :lol:

Whoops... Sorry LOL

now let's see how many of these new faces stay relevant for more than two seasons.

I don't really like that list. The Constance thing is a bit of a joke, I mean she's been around for a while - and it's not like nobody noticed her til this season. She's had a huge amount of editorials in the last year. She's already had campaigns, so I think the 'new faces' thing is a bit insulting. It's also not like she needs the exposure. Also I think Lyndsey Wixson should've made it. I don't particularly like her at all, but she opened Prada, closed Miu Miu and had a huge buzz with the whole Meisel VI thing.

Keke and Anastasia are those kind of girls that walk everywhere for a season, or a few if they're lucky, but they don't exactly stand out. I've been surprised and completely wrong before though, so I'm curious to see how the editorial race works out for them.

^To be fair Style.com hasn't featured Prada openers for a long time, especially if they were also exclusive for Miu Miu. And I would say the decision is accurate considering how Naty, Ymre, Katlin have all fared immediately post-Prada (Although Katlin didn't do too badly, I guess). If Lindsay proves herself come FW10 I'm sure she won't be left out of next season's list :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Sorry! Just telling things like it is. Trust me I wish she could've done better...-_-

ok I was 9/10, I think most of us are 9/10, the nine spots were fairly easy to predict with the 10th spot being the one open to interpretation. I guess style chose Constance (of Marilyn) :flower:

^^ Exactly. I think Suvi was last to make it (don't know about those before). And we all know that Suvi lived up to the potential in subsequent seasons, even if she is on and off nowadays (with all the breaks she keeps taking).

I don't want to sound harsh but what has Lindsay W done to deserve a spot? Prada, Miu Miu - sure that's great. What other big shows has she done (in NYC I mean)? Philosophy di Alberta is the only other notable name on her showlist and that is, again, cast by Marsh. Considering the hype she got pre-shows (Meisel), I thought she'd far much better. Oh and btw, style.com doesn't take into account that kind of stuff anyway, just runway accomplishments.

Even if Constance wasn't on the list, there are a lot of other girls with impressive showlists and potentials to fill her spot.

9/10 for me too...my tenth was R'el Dade...

And yes, Suvi was the last Prada opener to make it to the list. That was S/S 07 I believe? So 3 years ago already.

Actually Irina K was the last opener to make it onto the list from the same season (FW07) :wink: But she had an incredible season other than the Prada feat. Since Adina it has been a drought of sorts :lol:

^ actually, I meant more in the sense of [the last] Prada/Miu Miu exclusives to make it on the list was Suvi, I guess I should have clarified. :lol:

Faith, my attempt at an explanation for that is that there were far less newcomers with such impressive showlists so they featured girls such as Suvi, Irina K & co. (though I'm probably wrong)

Whatever, Vanessa is still more beautiful than all of them... :innocent:

van-1.jpg

fashion_shows.asp

In your opinion.

I'm glad to see that Keke made the list. I was hoping for a better season for Hind and Katharina

Faith, my attempt at an explanation for that is that there were far less newcomers with such impressive showlists so they featured girls such as Suvi, Irina K & co. (though I'm probably wrong)

I think that's very possible! Although of course it's hard to check on because we didn't really do many showlists back then...all I really remember from that period is that there must have been better choices than Georgia Frost :lol:

Top 10 Newcomer SS10 (Bonus:( Kristy

kristy3.jpg

Major Paris Images by Jonathan Leder, courtesy of Major New York
As is the bi-annual tradition at MDC we’ve been scanning the post-runway market to see which girls are being circled by those top level photographers for editorial and camapign play. Looking audacious right now is Major’s Kristy Kaurova. Of course Kristy boasts a pristine SS10 runway run with bookings that include Calvin Klein in NYC, Jil Sander in Milan, closed out by Givenchy, McQueen and Miu-Miu in Milan. By Feb 2010 this girl will be super-coveted on the runway.
models.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->