Top Chef Season Four

Reaction score
Top-chef-season-4.jpg

• Nimma Osman, 26 — Hometown: Peachtree City, GA; Resides in Atlanta, GA
  • Andrew D'Ambrosi, 30 — Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Resides in N.Y.
  • Antonia Lofaso, 31 — Hometown/Resides in: Los Angeles, CA
  • Dale Talde, 29 — Hometown: Chicago, IL; Resides in N.Y.
  • Erik Hopfinger, 38 — Hometown: Chappaqua, NY; Resides in San Francisco, CA
  • Jennifer Biesty, 35 — Hometown: Brooklyn, NY; Resides in San Francisco, CA.
  • Lisa Fernandes, 27 — Hometown: Toronto, Canada; Resides in N.Y.
  • Manuel Trevino, 33 - Hometown: Laredo, TX; Resides in N.Y.
  • Mark Simmons, 29 — Hometown: Invercargill, New Zealand; Resides in N.Y.
  • Nikki Cascone, 35 — Hometown/Resides in: N.Y.
  • Richard Blais, 35 — Hometown: Uniondale, NY; Resides in Atlanta, GA.
  • Ryan Scott, 28 — Hometown: Los Banos, CA; Resides in San Francisco, CA
  • Spike Mendelsohn, 27 — Hometown: Clearwater Beach, FL; Resides in Williamsburg, N.Y.
  • Stephanie Izard, 31 — Hometown: Stamford, CT; Resides in Chicago, IL
  • Valerie Bolon, 32 — Hometown/Resides in: Chicago, IL
  • Zoi Antonitsas, 30, — Hometown: Seattle, WA; Resides in San Francisco, CA.
Episode 1: Anything You Can Cook, I Can Cook Better
  • Quickfire Challenge: Create a signature deep dish pizza. Rocco DiSpirito and Padma Lakshmi served as Quickfire judges. Prize: Immunity from elimination was not awarded to the winners of this Quickfire. No other prize was noted in the broadcast airing.
    • WINNER: There was no one winner for this challenge.
      • The Winners' Group: Antonia, Dale, Erik, Jennifer, Mark, Richard, Ryan, Spike
      • The Losers' Group: Andrew, Lisa, Manuel, Nikki, Nimma, Stephanie, Valerie, Zoi
  • Elimination Challenge: The winners of the Quickfire must cook head-to-head against the losers, using one dish from a list of classic dishes. The winners drew numbered knives and chose one of the losers as their opponent. The opponent then selected which dish the pair will each prepare. Both dishes will be served to the judges simultaneously, with decisions to follow immediately.
    • Pairs of Winners vs. Losers (in the order they chose their competitor), followed by the type of dish they were to make. The name of the winning chef for each dish is italicized.
      • #1: Richard vs. Andrew (Crab Cakes)
      • #2: Mark vs. Stephanie (Duck à l'Orange)
      • #3: Jennifer vs. Nikki (Lasagna)
      • #4: Antonia vs. Nimma (Shrimp Scampi)
      • #5: Spike vs. Lisa (Eggs Benedict)
      • #6: Dale vs. Manuel (Steak au Poivre)
      • #7: Ryan vs. Valerie (Chicken Piccata)
      • #8: Erik vs. Zoi (Soufflé)
    • Of the eight winners, Antonia, Nikki, Richard, and Stephanie were chosen as the judges' favorites.
    • Of the eight losers, Erik, Mark, Nimma, and Ryan were chosen as the judges' least favorites.
  • WINNER: Stephanie (Duck Breast, Mushrooms, Bok Choy & Duck Spring Rolls with Orange-Soy Glaze)
  • ELIMINATED: Nimma (Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Scramble)
  • Elimination Challenge Prize: None noted in the broadcast airing.
  • Judges: Tom Colicchio, Padma Lakshmi, Anthony Bourdain, and Rocco DiSpirito
  • Poll (asked during the commercials of first broadcast:( "Do Jennifer and Zoi have an advantage by being a couple?"
    • Results (via text messaging:(
      • Yes - 22%
      • No - 78%
    • (A mistake was made and the "Yes" was circled, even though the percentage for the "No" was greater.)
  • First aired March 12, 2008
source: bravotv & wikipedia

who do you want to win?

Dale and Andrew are definitely characters...I think they'll keep the season interesting.

I don't understand why they put a couple on the show. I mean, I'm sure they're both great cooks but it seems like a ratings scam.

i kinda like that there's a couple...it wouldn't be bravo if there weren't something gay going on...:lol:

The nervous girl's winning dish looked so good it made my mouth water just looking at it through the tv!

and what's with the guy who can't say two words without being beeped? :blink:

and what's with the guy who can't say two words without being beeped? :blink:

I thought the same thing! It seems that every single word is beeped out! This season's chefs curse so much more than the previous ones.

I think that the couples thing won't really affect the show until one of them kicks off and then we get to see a tearful goodbye...

This week they are going to cook at a zoo or something from what I could make out from the commercial.

which day of the week is top chef on?

Manuel...they sent him home because he followed his leader (Spike). Wtf? Spike was responsible for pretty much the entire dish. AND he's been in the bottom 2 times in a row. Richard won the challenge. I think he and Stephanie are really talented.

I definitely think Richard and Stephanie are the best. And I like Andrew because he makes me laugh :lol:

I definitely think Spike was responsible for the dish, but Manuel didn't seem to add much to the competition. He didn't stand out and didn't strike me as being overly talented. I'm glad they kept Spike.

even though manuel didnt stick out ...nikki so should have been sent home first. what is she still doing there

I have a feeling Stephanie will win
but I like Spike the best :brows:

how could they let a guy stay when colicchio said that he went to his station and then wanted to walk away because it was so filthy? :blink: I mean, he put the same spoon he tasted from back in the soup? :yuk: He should go immediately!

It feels like it's gonna be between stephanie and richard.

I can't believe how much Andrew curses :shock:

^ He drives me nuts. I have a ridiculous crush on Spike! I saw Stephanie jogging around my school the other day, I desperately wanted to stop and tap her on the shoulder and ask if she won! :wink:

^ He drives me nuts. I have a ridiculous crush on Spike! I saw Stephanie jogging around my school the other day, I desperately wanted to stop and tap her on the shoulder and ask if she won! :wink:
you should have :woot: :wink:... and i have a crush on spike too :kiss:

I wished we had that show in Holland.. I miss that show.. I miss Padma.. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->