Top models fading out in SS08

Omnis

Reaction score
Every season, when new girls arrive, they replace som of the older, eastablished top models .. Who has been getting signicantly less work this season?

The first ones that comes to my mind is Julia Stegner. She's been everywhere since 2003, but this season she is hardly getting anything.

Who are the others?

There's already a thread like this, about which models are disappearing, but I don't like threads like this because it's sad to see models go as they work so hard but their careers are so short lived.

I think Julia Stegner has done alot this season, compared to last season anyway. Doutzen kroes is fading out from high fashion.

For girls like Daria and Julia and even Eugenia, they have been going for so long, that they can simply opt to not do any shows. I think at this stage, Julia does the shows she wants to do, and the same with Daria. Especially with contracts like Daria has, they don't have to do shows.

For girls like Daria and Julia and even Eugenia, they have been going for so long, that they can simply opt to not do any shows. I think at this stage, Julia does the shows she wants to do, and the same with Daria. Especially with contracts like Daria has, they don't have to do shows.

do you mean , they can afford to skip one or several seasons ?
I hope eugenia will not skip more than one .. :unsure:

i wonder what they are doing in those runway break appart from resting. They can't rest all day , it's not good for their fitness :smile:

do you mean , they can afford to skip one or several seasons ?
I hope eugenia will not skip more than one .. :unsure:

i wonder what they are doing in those runway break appart from resting. They can't rest all day , it's not good for their fitness :smile:

Yes, they can afford to. Also, they can come back 2 seasons from now and not miss a beat. They don't have to do shows to get their face out there as a way to stay relevant because they are past that status already. That's why models such as Daria and Gemma can skip Paris or Milan one year and then come back the next and do 20 shows.

I think Daria and Gemma can skip seasons to their hearts content. Proven by the fact that Gemma can just go MIA for a long time (making movies, etc) and plop herself right in a Dior/Chanel/etc runway whenever she wants. Ditto for Natalia V.

I don't think the same is true for Eugenia, Elise, Marija.. they are simply fading.

As for Doutzen, she is really out of the loop when it comes to high fashion, I think she is transitioning to commercial work now.

I'm not entirely sure which category Hilary falls under, she skipped the entire season and it'll be interesting to see if she holds the staying power of her Valentino co-campaign girls (Gemma and Daria) next season if she decides to do shows.

Girls with lucrative cosmetics deals can pick and choose I guess.

I think Daria and Gemma can skip seasons to their hearts content. Proven by the fact that Gemma can just go MIA for a long time (making movies, etc) and plop herself right in a Dior/Chanel/etc runway whenever she wants. Ditto for Natalia V.

I don't think the same is true for Eugenia, Elise, Marija.. they are simply fading.

As for Doutzen, she is really out of the loop when it comes to high fashion, I think she is transitioning to commercial work now.

I agree...which is sad because I love Eugenia and Elise. :cry:

Yeah Hilary doesn't have to do a ton of shows; Estee has her sitting pretty.

Another one that only did a few NY shows is Hana, but she probably lives QUITE comfortably right now.

People like Marija, I see as victims of the trends changing. It's not all about the Russians anymore.

Wasn't Marija Croatian? But yeah I see your point, she is a victim of changing trends... Marija had a GREAT body (which isn't great by today's standards if you know what I mean) =/

Jeisa seemed to after 9 yaers finally slip out of the runways this season. Last season she skipped NY to shoot a campaign and did quite a few shows in Milan and Paris, but I dont think her show count even reaches 8 this season. At least she did Prada.

Marija is from Montenegro, and this summer she got married, and in one interviw I red that she's coming back to NY.We all Marija lovers are waiting for her return.
And I agree with CharlottefromCA Marija has ans exusit beauty and beautiful body, but being beautiful it's not eaven a trend anymore,fashion industry is falling down by the years, and what will expect us next year?Girls with no fisical beauty?Models are predicted to be beautiful and to represent the fisical prefection.
I don't know all beautiful models are fading and that's terrible:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Julia Stegner has 6 campaigns , Daria Werbowy has god I cant even remeber around 5 or 6 and Hilary Rhoda has that HUGE estee lauder campaign

all have cosmetic campaigns .. in terms of ruwnay they are fading out.. especially these two julia and Daria but in campaigns they are not ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->