Top Ten Favorite Collections Of All Time

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, Jun 8, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Note: Even though I like their collection's does'nt mean I'll buy from them.

5.Roberto Cavalli Fall/ Winter '02- It was just so beautifully excessive, over-the-top, and glamorous. The coats, the furs, the beaded dresses were just so desirable.I liked this kind of excess because it was'nt too excessive and unlike Versace and Julien Macdonald for Givenchy(HC Fall'02) these clothes are ones you would like even after 1 minute.No one ever has done excess this well, it was one of Cavalli's best. Excessiveness never looked this good.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    For more photos click here

4.Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter '01- I loved it! One of my personal faves. It was just so fun and blasting with so many creative ideas. It was also here where the folkoloric trend, which we've been seeing for the past years, started. One of John's best at Dior Couture.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    for more photos click here

2. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

3.Calvin Klein Fall/Winter '03- It was a great, no-nonsense collection.. It was focused, and such a strong collection for him. I just loved the toughness of it. It was great.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2.Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche Fall/Winter '03- It loved it! It was such a glamorous,sexy and fun collection compared to past season's there. He borrowed platforms from the forties, plastics from the sixties, and jersey from the seventies to create a super sexy-collection that felt in no way retro. He set Paris burning with this collection.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

. . . . . . and my fave collection of all time is . . .

1.John Galliano Spring/Summer '01- I really really loved it!My ultimate personal fave! I mean it was Galliano at his best there was some wearability,he made fashion crowd hearts beat to the edge, he pushed the boundaries of civilized dressing, he did what he did best and did'nt mind if it would sell . . . brilliant . . for me anyways! ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Now it's your turn to post your top 5 collections! ;)

5. metal-on-metal

I can name my 5 favorite collections but I don't think I can put them in order. Here we go:

Chanel Haute Couture Fall 1998
    Chanel Haute Couture Spring 2000
    Prada Spring 2000
    Balenciaga Spring 2002
    Junya Watanabe Spring 2003

6. humble balmy gore

humble balmy gore New Member

Margiela 94 A/W
    CDG SS 97
    CDG AW 2000
    Slimane for YSL A/W 2000
    Raf Simons A/W 1998

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I don't know why but I believe the collections I posted are not my faves. I was just caught in a and Cavalli moment 'cause their collections were on T.V.

These are the real fave collections:
    5.Helmut Lang Fall/Winter '03
    4.Chloe Spring/Summer '00
    3.Balenciaga Fall/Winter '02
    2.Still same(YSL Rive Gauche)
    1.Still Galliano :doh:

8. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Good topic, ignitioned. B)

5. - Rochas by Olivier Theyskens A/W 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. - Yohji Yamamoto A/W 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

3. - Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière A/W 1999
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. - Comme des Garçons by Rei Kawakubo A/W 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

1. Helmut Lang S/S 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Top Ten Favorite Collections Ever

Post a list of your 10 favorite of the last 10 years by any designer.

10)Helmut Lang s/s 01

9)Gianni Versace f/w 97

8)Dolce and Gabbana f/w 98

7)Chloe f/w 00 or Gucci s/s 03

6)Dior Haute Couture s/s 97

5)YSL Rive Gauche s/s 03

4)Dior Haute Couture s/s 02

3)Gucci f/w 03

2)McQueen s/s 03

1)Gucci f/w 02

12. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

mine have to be most of gucci's collections under tom ford, the yst where they had the ad with carmen, karolina, caroline..., the versace where they had the breakthrough ads with amber valetta and georgina grenville and also stella mcartney's break through collection for chloe. the one with the cotton and gold

13. Amélie

Amélie New Member

whoa...what a challenge.. i think realy high on my list would be Louis Vuitton, ss 03...Makukari *(sp) handbags before everyone had them, and all that gorgeous retro stuff...

14. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Helmut Lang Fall/Winer 1997 is definetly up there, for me.

15. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Murakami like Haruki Murakami (one of my favorite authors on the planet :heart:)

When I first started reading this site, it made my head spin how much people talked about Murakami, until I realized you weren't talking about the author who wrote Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World, but instead you were talking about a handbag designer!

16. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

excuses this topic had to move to the favorites area :flower:

17. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i'm going to limit my choices to the past five years...

10. dolce and gabbana fall/winter 2002...that rustic elegance matched with the sexiness of dolce and gabbana met with such a frisson that the outcome was nothing but pure gold.

09. jean paul gaultier haute couture fall/winter 1999 ... for one of the first times i understood the modern couture. jpg used the ultimate fabrics to cut something that had the weight of the couture but the sharpness of the coming millenium

08. ysl rive gauche spring/summer 2002 ... i felt that tom ford really hit his stride with the safari collection for rive gauche. he loosened the lines and dropped the hems and made a themed collection that still shined despite the world's tragedy.

07. prada spring/summer 2000...although i must say i was quite lathered up over prada fall/winter 1999. for the first times i saw that miuccia's strange vision of the world could actually translate into utterly chic and luxe garments (the ostrich skirt featured in ads made me gasp).

06. burberry spring/summer 2004... i felt that christopher bailey had even more work at this point in burberry's span than he did when he first started. he had already reacted the ubiquitousness of plaid and tried to run from it...but in his running he discovered something completely modern and sleek in the burberry trench and (with the pawning off of the trench to every other house) made the trench the "it" item for spring.

05. fendi fall/winter 2000 ... simply because i can't remember when it was that i "got" what lagerfeld was doing there...i think it started with the ads i saw for fall/winter 2000 with maggie rizer and the poloroid type of nonchalance. the idea that you'd wear this retooled leather coat to some country retreat. i really bought into that whole idea of casual luxury. and he just amped it up season after season.

04. rochas fall/winter 2003 ... there's something amount the mixing of new talent and an old house. everyone somewhere had an idea of how rochas should look. i still had a rochas fragrance on my perfume stand. and for everyone who picked up a vogue, we knew about theskyiens work. so when they came together it was everything we expected and a whole lot more. rochas tapped into our appetite for absolute elegance and made clothes that women could dream over again.

03. lanvin fall/winter 2003 ... ditto for alber elbaz...it took him longer but he really blew up after this collection.

02. balenciaga spring/summer 2002 ... for me, this represented the magic of mr. ghesquiere. while some of that magic faded with the koos controversy, it still marked a moment for me.

01. gucci fall/winter 2001 ... which i can honestly say i didn't like until i saw it adverstised (those terry richardson photographs!!!) and in stores...i have never been in so much debt.

18. Amélie

Amélie New Member

hehe, i was way off on that handbag designers name ay...

19. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

This was also a favorite Ford/YSL collection. I love how he took animal and tribal prints and made it sexy and urban......and those caftans!!!!!!

I felt the same way, at first I didn't like it. But then I saw more and more of it and it really grew on me. The post-it dresses, the babydolls, the ballet pumps, the huge angora sweaters.......need I go on with my love of this collection?

Great list mikeijames!

20. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Highland Rape ;)