Top WWD List: 07 Bags

To some(not me), Coach is luxury.

Anyways.. it's funny that a bulk of these names can be found in Macy's.

that's exactly what i thought!:lol: i bet they asked random people shopping at some mall of america to name the top 5 handbag companies they know of offhand....this is definatly the general american market and NOT luxury buyers...

if it were asked of fashion forward folk, there would definately be MJ, chloe and YSl on that list!

"If you want to own something unique that isn't like what everyone else has, Gucci is the way to go," commented one respondent in the survey.

When I think of avant-garde, against the grain design, I always think of Gucci. Right, Frida?

When I think of avant-garde, against the grain design, I always think of Gucci. Right, Frida?

Either that post is dripping with sarcasm, or my sarcasm sniff-o-meter is off today.

I'm glad to see that American consumers are smart enough to recognize and support quality American brands and don't buy into the hype that they should only want (and pay ridiculous prices) for bags just because they are from European companies.

Ralph Lauren and Kate Spade in particular make excellent bags. I would take these brands any day over the hideous and overpriced bags from Goyard, Louis Vuitton, Fendi and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Coach is luxury to me because it's all I can afford.:innocent:

It's better to buy what you can afford rather than knockoff what you can't afford right?:flower:

i hate coach and dooney&bourke... i see people everywhere wearing coach but i don't really see anyone wearing dooney&bourke. i actually find some d&b purses @ like tjmaxx or something.. i hate their monograms/logos..

i hate coach and dooney&bourke... i see people everywhere wearing coach but i don't really see anyone wearing dooney&bourke. i actually find some d&b purses @ like tjmaxx or something.. i hate their monograms/logos..

I hate logos/mongrams in genral which is why I can't stand Louis Vuitton and Gucci.

For Christmas, my fiance took me into Coach and he bought me a really beautiful simple black handbag. I haven't stopped using it since and it's extremely well made. To me, I consider that to be a luxury, that I can wear it with everything and I always look put together when I use it. I am not sure why there are so many bad attitudes towards Coach around here. I certainly don't like everything they make, but if one wants a nice basic bag that will hold up and doesn't want to pay thousands of dollars, it's a good way to go. I am definitely not surprised that that was the top brand, everytime I go into a store, it's mobbed!

I agree Coach might not be my first choice when I think of great handbags but it is luxury to those who save or splurge so they can buy them, cause they aren't exactly cheap and they are extremely close to regular consumers at the mall, maybe they could cost as much as a lower LV line but people prefer them because they are accesible to them they are close

I think most of them were considered "top picks" because they're really mainstream. However, off of the list. Chanel & Prada are always top picks in my book =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->