Toteme S/S 2023 : Jeanne Cadieu & Julia Nobis by Steven Meisel

This looks just like the Louis Vuitton x Kusama shoot to be honest.

Finally, a breath of fashion.

My sentiments exactly! The new season campaigns haven't exactly been... enthralling but all still feels right in the world whenever a new Steven Meisel-shot campaign drops. I cannot help but to always feel reassured and satisfied whenever I see his name included in a thread title.

This campaign doesn't promise to be groundbreaking or deliver us anything new but Meisel's studio shoots are always a good idea. Timeless, classy and oh so chic (quintessential Toteme). Admittedly I'm not a Julia Nobis fan but Jeanne Cadieu makes for a welcomed surprise here.

Julia's photo with crossing legs reminds me a lot to Lady Di's cover by Patrick Demarchelier. Hope this is a wink to that iconic British Vogue issue.

It’s not revolutionary but it has a purpose to work with Meisel. They send a message and he elevates the perception of the brand.

It’s good, it’s basic but it’s the right basic, the faultless basic.

Should've been an OG campaign with Jeanne, she's such a beauty. :heart::heart:

Gosh it's BLAND AS HELL OMGGGG guys : there's literally NOTHING, nothing lol.

Not impressed at all. No one asked for another LV campaign.

I never thought of the Louis Vuitton advertising campaign upon seeing this, perhaps because the Yayoi Kusama spots distracted from the fact it was just a simple black and white studio shoot and very similar in terms of backdrop, lighting etc.

I am now, however, able to see the similarities but strongly believe the final art direction of Toteme's latest helps distinguish the two campaigns from one another:

FACEBOOK/TOTEME

To me works as a two girl editorial from Vogue. Very 2000s.

Is that their new logo? The images are so boring like they are sitting on the TOILET.

Once again I wonder how much they paid to the hair team for Julia's "natural windswept" look :thinking:

This campaign is giving me more of a fall vibe than spring.

I never thought of the Louis Vuitton advertising campaign upon seeing this, perhaps because the Yayoi Kusama spots distracted from the fact it was just a simple black and white studio shoot and very similar in terms of backdrop, lighting etc.

I am now, however, able to see the similarities but strongly believe the final art direction of Toteme's latest helps distinguish the two campaigns from one another:

FACEBOOK/TOTEME
He needs to stop doing this bland gray backgrounds.

Give us exciting photoshoot like the British Vogue with Gisele

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->