Tracy Reese From Wwd

marrimoda

doing it
Reaction score
Tracy Reese: “Star Power!” “Gilt Frame!” “Glamorous Color!” boasted the program notes perched on the chairs at Tracy Reese. To wit, the designer’s backdrop shone with diva-friendly violet light, while a crystal chandelier set the stage for what would be a terrific collection. But in fashion, real-life diva-dom is tough to come by, as countless successful designers with viable businesses can attest — designers like Reese. So before she could produce her show, she had to round up some cash via sponsorship. Hence, along with typical items like lip gloss (courtesy of Sephora) and hair fix-it (merci, Kérastase), Reese’s goodie bag included Acuvue 2 contact lens pamphlets and a box of Carefree Perfect Fit panty liners.

The ironic divide between the goods in the goodie bag and the show’s theme of dazzling movie-star glam speaks to the difficulties designers face everyday merely to function within the system. But it also speaks to the possibilities of sponsorship and the lure of fashion: This season, companies from Estée Lauder and Swarovski to Qantas Airlines and Woolite have or will sponsor designers.

Reese’s patrons got a good deal — a smart, sassy show packed with the kind of clothes that put a chic glow into the contemporary department. She loves prints, patterns and natty textures and here, delivered them with controlled panache. If her models’ frothy curled tresses, sparkly earrings and ballet-ribboned stilettos flaunted the glam message, her mix-and-match aesthetic revealed a casual approach, at least by day. That’s when Reese was at her best, combining tweeds, jeweled satins, a dose of denim and any number of prints. Her sensibly stylish coats looked terrific, whether tossed on over a striped turtleneck and floral skirt or satin ablaze with jems; she dressed up a bit with a sleek suit and down with a sexy top over faded jeans.

The aura of casual sexiness didn’t continue after dark, when Reese opted instead for full-on goddess gowns. Since charmeuse at a price has its issues, these didn’t live up to the sparkle of day. Nevertheless, this was a terrific collection with a bounty of wardrobe-building clothes.

i like her designs and i appreciate her style. i am in love with her coats. i just love the glamour of it all

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I thought her collection was cute but not overtly cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->