Travel Guide : New York City

OK, data, I leave on thursday, and I will be stayin at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel... hah, that's it..hahahahah

:shifty: OOOh sh*t! :lol:

Im surely going to go to Century 21, awesome place, I got Anna Sui sunglasses for 30 dollars... and some Dolce stuff also :innocent:

I got my jelly bean tights at the Patricia Field store, she has a small selection of her designs, but most of the stuff is from other people, cool stuff...

Im starting out the weekend with Suede, I know some people there who hooks me up when I worked down here, so, after that Im going to know where are the hot spots...

Again guys, im going to be up there this weekend, from Thursday to Sunday... any meet ups? I would be more than happy to see u NYC's Fspotters... :heart:

I suggest Barney's New York, and Jeffrey.

Also the Soho Prada, and Helmut Lang. Both the store, and the Lang perfumery.

Just don't try to stay at the Chelsea hotel for a night(I used to LIVE there.... ahhhh!)... the rooms are small the people are weird.. the art and the history are great... if you want to just give it a visit... 23rd b/t 7th and 8th.

Have fun in the city guys! :smile:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jul 21 2004, 12:40 AM
OK, data, I leave on thursday, and I will be stayin at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel... hah, that's it..hahahahah

:shifty: OOOh sh*t! :lol:
[snapback]313785[/snapback]​

Are you seriou$$$??? Saturday night my wife and I will be staying one block away from you at the Hudson. But we'll be seriously trashed, because it'll be after our anniversary party. Maybe we can all hookup anyway.

Originally posted by luna@Jul 21 2004, 11:38 AM
Just don't try to stay at the Chelsea hotel for a night(I used to LIVE there.... ahhhh!)... the rooms are small the people are weird.. the art and the history are great... if you want to just give it a visit... 23rd b/t 7th and 8th.

Have fun in the city guys! :smile:
[snapback]313915[/snapback]​
first of all...you're warning ALEJANDRO about wierd people?!?!...
:lol:

second...that's the whole point of NYC...you can be as wierd as you want and it's okay because there's always someone wierder...

if you want mainstream...there's always IOWA... :rolleyes: :wink:

:flower:

thank u guys for ur help so far...

wat im lookin for

hip boutiques.... ( sellin lesser known, underground designers and new york young talent etc - i think heathetee n pat field come in this category )
the boutiques.... the regular designers...
nice restaurants.... eat basically anything ... so tell me ur faves
museums galleries.... ones that arent to modern arty, my dad said he wants to go the guggenheim
and night clubs... ones which arent meat markets (i only said bungalow 8 n the tunnel as carrie mentioned them in satc)...dont u have any new style crazy ones like the ones we have in london ...like nag n c*ck n kashpoint?
ever heard of larry t.... apparently he has a good club...
the only new york club i know of is the splash bar... where they apparently have male strippers under showers or something... janet jackson went there for her birthday... lol

thanks again... sorry i wasnt more specific before
:flower:

ps SOFTY.... like ah sed before... im in ny from 5th august till 11th... 6 nights... 7 days kind of

Boutiques:

Seven on Lower East Side (Orchard and Houston) - Raf Simons, Gaspard Yurkievich, Margiela, Xavier Delcour, V.Branquinho, IoC, etc...
A in SoHo - (125 Crosby Street) - Ann Dem, Les Hommes, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Thomas Engel Hart, Carpe Diem/Linea, etc...
Nom de Guerre on Bway/Bleecker - Margiela, Yoko Deveraux, etc...
Steven Alan in Tribeca (Franklin st, off of Church) - his line, Junya Watanabe, CDG, Rogan, Levi's, etc...
Opening Ceremony in Soho (Crosby and Howard) - too many local designers to list, they carry Cloak.
Comme des Garcons in Chelsea - W.22nd and 10th. The store is just so cool, it's worth checking out the interior. It's a cool block overall - tons of galleries. Balenciaga is on the same block. Stop by the Wild Lily Tea room (almost across from CDG) for a cup'o'tea :lol:

Restaurants:

Mrkt in the meatpacking district - West 14th/9th. This block is a must stop anyway, it's the hottest thing right now (Jeffrey, McQueen, McCartney,etc. all on one block).
Bar89 in Soho - it's a lounge/bar/rest - good basic food/drink, and check out their bathrooms.
Grey Dog's Coffee - near my work in West Village (Carmine st.) - best place for good coffee, great cheap food and nonpretencious atmosphere.
L'ecole in Soho on Bway/Grand - it's a new must on my list. It's a part of French Culinary Institute and the gradutating students/alumnis cook there. It's an incredible bargain, $30 for a 4 course prefix menu. Make reservations.

I'm not into clubs anymore, like I said, maybe Sugo can recommend you something. Check out APT (aka Apartment) on West.13th (one block down from Mrkt) - it's a happening place. We'll be there this Sat. throwing our (belated) 1year anniversary party.

P.S. Yea, I know, I should work as an NYC guide to the jetsetters. Maybe I would, if they weren't such assholes :lol: .

splash is probably the biggest gay bar in NYC...i don't know about drag shows...i think those died in the 80's...maybe ale's friend will clue him in and he can tell you...most new yorkers don't go to ny clubs on the weekend...it's really packed with tourists...thurs is the really big night out in ny...

you might want to check out the maritime hotel...also in chelsea...some cool restaurants/bars in there...great building with circular windows...very fabulous...

i also like the lever house restaurant-cool interior design...pricey but fabulous
park ave/around 50th st

downtown in the meatpacking district there is pastis...which you should have lunch at(major fashion hangout)... on gansevoort(around the corner) is florent...open 24hrs very cool after clubbing comfort food place...mixed gay/straight crowd...a ny institution
also nearby-across from pastis-POPBURGER...good for drinks at night...pool table in the back...

another good place for lunch or brunch is 7A...in the E village on the corner of 7st/Ave A...sit by the window or outside...the best place for people watching in NYC...lots of cool looking creative types...i've seen marc jacobs here...anna sui...etc...another ny institution...

in nolita...for lunch or dinner-cafe habana(elizabeth/prince)...cuban food (lenny kravitz video shot here)...cafe gitane(mott near prince) light french...grt salads...trendy fashion crowd (seen...carine roitfeld/stephen gan)...cafe colonial)corner of houston and elizabeth)...again...sit outside for great people watching...

barneys and bergdorf uptown...madison avenue uptown and 5th ave/57th st burberry,chanel,prada and on 5th below 57th...henri bendel's, fendi,gucci,prada...etc...

downtown...there is also a (men's)designer resale shop on mott st btw houston/prince...called INA...many stylists sell leftover stuff from shoots...worth checking out...

and everything that faust said...

also check out the lower east side...where SEVEN is located....just walk around there and browse throught the stores...plenty of vintage here...and young ny designers...you want stanton and rivington and essex...around there...no place in particular as they open and close regularly...ALIFE is around there and have trendy hard to find sneakers...also some cute cafes and bars...this is the newest up and coming area of ny so it's changing rapidly...surface magazine is bldg a hotel in the area...

i'll try to think of more...but as faust said...there is really soooooo much....it's hard to narrow it down...

for galleries chelsea around 23rd st and 11/12 aves...mostly comtemporary art though...and LOT 61 or SUITE 16 are trendy bars/clubs around there...but are usually private party or guest list....good luck getting in...

after reading this- now i'll know what to do once i go back with my mom in October (like the 21-24, just a weekend trip up). My last trip was sooo rushed because of dance classes and this and that I didn't have time for shopping. We hit Bendel's, Bergdorf Goodman, Vuitton, Century 21 (picked up two Missonni scarfs for like $40 each- :D), and Tiffany's and that's it. What hotels would y'all recommend? My mom's pushing for the Waldorf Astoria or the Plaza, but...

one more thing...sedi...you know that sex and the city was a TV SHOW...not a documentary...hahaha...

NY isn't really like that...and most of us living here aren't really like that either... :lol: :wink: :flower:

Originally posted by seditionary@Jul 22 2004, 02:54 AM

ever heard of larry t.... apparently he has a good club...

sed- larry T 's disgraceland is at crobar on thursdays.

Originally posted by southerncutie@Jul 22 2004, 01:19 PM
What hotels would y'all recommend? My mom's pushing for the Waldorf Astoria or the Plaza, but...
[snapback]314320[/snapback]​

:yuk:

clickme

digitalcity.com was recommended by a friend to find out more...

if you need a nyc zip code...try 10010

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 22 2004, 03:06 PM
try barracuda...

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/newyork/bars...?sbid=114538482
[snapback]314357[/snapback]​

I've been there with my gay friends. I think my wife and I pissed off some gay boys by making out in publick :unsure: It's a pretty happening gay scene there. Oh, yea, and they have a drag comedy show some days there, but I don't remember when.

For really good Italian food, Carmine's in the theatre district is really good, but I'm pretty sure you need to make a reservation a bit ahead of time.

Don't laugh I'm one state down. When are the S/SU shows in NY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->