Traveling Shoes...suggestions?

adn

Reaction score
heeeeey all
ok so i'm traveling to asia this summer and i'm for some good walking shoes, preferable open toe because its going to be HOT.:yuk: forever, i want want them to be um...well, nice looking shoes. i was looking into some nice beaded indian shoes [sorry i dont know what they're called!] but i'm not very sure that they're comfortable.
does anyone have suggestions? anyone have good comfy shoes??

Very occasionally you can find Born sandals in cute styles. My mom has a pair that's really adorable, and they're super-comfortable. But the Born sandals I took to Europe a couple of summers ago were truly hideous-looking by my current standards. I didn't care, though. They were comfortable enough to get me around Cambridge for 7 weeks, with the occasional long weekend walking in Rome or Switzerland.

My suggestion is to take cute shoes, by all means, but have your most comfortable, broken-in pair as a back-up, especially if you'll be doing a lot of walking (I suggest mules to avoid getting those annoying blisters on your heels). There's nothing worse than sore, blistered feet when you're trying to explore new places.

or you can buy a pair when you are there. I'm sure you can find lots of cheap and nice shoes.

I wouldn't recommend the beaded Indian shoes . . . I have a pair and they are NOT comfortable to be walking around in all day. Mine are also starting to fall apart and I don't think I've been wearing them all that much because of the comfort issue.

What about Birkenstocks? They're cool and they're bloody comfortable, the ultimate warm climate walking shoe. The only downside is that they get pricey. Or you can get the fake Birkenstocks at Kohls, Target or similar.

Yeah Birkenstocks are definitely comfortable

This style has become popular lately . . . called Gizeh I think

It all depends if you are comfortable with something between your toes . . . they come in lots of different colors and patterns too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->