Treating Fur

Arturo21

Reaction score
I hope this is the right thread, as it is somewhat an 'accesory', but mods, feel free to move :flower:

I have a bit of rabbit fur, about the size of a magazine. It's just a regular piece, with the color of a wild forest rabbit. Rather than just let it sit there, I want to do something with it.. :D

I'm thinking of bleaching the fur to make it white, maybe dying it with tea (will the color stick?) or leaving it white and shaving it and cutting it to make it as a sort of mat for my desk or so. Maybe as I go along I'll stich something to it or do something creative with it. For now, though..I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on bleaching it. I noticed regular bleach didn't do anything to it at all...so what would I use?

Thx :flower:

I would take it to a professional. Go to your local furrier - they should be able to help :flower:

Treat it like a lady.

Sorry, old joke from British TV.

A quick look at whatever you have instead of Yellow Pages in your country should come up with the contact details for local fur dyeing and dry-cleaning services. If you don't mind paying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->