Trend Forecast F/W 09.10

octopi

Reaction score
just thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks FW09 will look like, or what themes from FW08 you'd like to see carry through to the 09 season.

personally, i love the glam-grunge thing from andrew wang, and christopher bailey for burberry prorsum. i hope this will carry through to the next season because it's so wearable yet very understatedly chic. and speaking of grunge, i feel like the 90's are making a huge comeback. just off the top of my head, there's the reappearance of 90's supermodels (linda, christy, claudia..) as well as movies and tv (indiana jones, beverly hills 90210) and music (reunions of bands--can't think of any right now but i'm sure there are!). to me, this is no coincidence and i think that these elements are linked to the 90's spirit that we saw on the runways of FW08--the grunge, the punk, the Sonic Youth!

what do you think?

That's very astute of you and I couldn't agree more on the return of the 90's. However, I'm personally tired of Supermodels and rerun movies and grungy attire which has never really gone away in many places. I am much more interested in the untried and genuinely NEW.
Do we really want to be still living in the past century?
(Give your best Carrie Bradshaw gaze here..)

^i am looking at my computer screen with one eyebrow raised and my lips pursed :smile:

but i agree with you in that we need something NEW. there are a lot of beautiful collections but everything seems so tired and all of them draw from the past. it seems like we're resting on a plateau right now and hopefully this means something spectacular is on the horizon and if that's the case, i really can't wait to see it.

I'm totally into the modern-grunge feeling. I think that's my favorite look I've seen. It just feels so right to dress that way. Effortless + tough yet with an inner beauty with the way the pieces will work

i have noticed man of the young fashionistas are loving the classics-- and fashion will be about a return to elegance. it has already started. shoes are less transi-hooker, confectioanry saweet designs that flatter the female form w/o overwhelming it ad n still pulling from modern ar movements. margiela points to this in his previous f/w collection. his new silhouette is body concious, slinky/sexy---and very avante garde. the house of balenciaga has shifted its focus to aplying architectural/futristic concepts to classic silhouettes. transparency will continue to be huge. jil sander adn prada hit something big in their shows.

^i LOVE the architectural/neo-futuristic influences that we're seeing.

Trends went from boho to grunge to neogoth

Maybe witches/warlocks/pagans will be next? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
according to wgsn plaid (a grunge staple) is supposed to make a big comeback in streetwear along with activewear which was also very popular in the 90's.

^oh no :doh:.. we've seen enough 'grunge' plaid as it is.

...do you have access to wgsn, felipe? :shifty:

i'm envisioning grungy unbuttoned flannel plaid shirts & baggy boyfriend jeans for FW 9/10.

Although, as someone said above, i HOPE something new, inspiring and not yet dreamed up will turn trendy. We really need to stop borrowing inspiration from other decades and make the future our own!

I hope not plaid again... FW0809 was full of it. some was great, of course, but I would be disappointed if it was another complete tartan overload.

i'm sick of the whole "future fashion ala balenciaga" and neon. i just want something new.

Trend Overview A/W 09.10

Hi everybody,
I know I've once post about the trend forecast b4 for old seasons and I've said I can access to the forecast website, but recently I've bought a book call Zoom on which including the summary of the trend forecast company. And My scanner have broken so I can only type, without photos sorry

WGSN
NICE: The first theme proposed by wgsn for A/W 09.10 is loaded with optimism and hope. The secret lies in drawing pleasure from the little things so that even the most fleeting moments of happiness can be grasped. It's an approach adopted across the board, thanks to a bold use of colour and contemporart garments eccentrically reminiscent of varsity classics. Simple silhouettes are teamed with elements of surprise and perspective illusions with a humorous touch. A warm colour palette that harks back to the shades of the 50s and nostalgic constructions dedicated to our inner child.

INVINCIBLE: The second mood is inspired by urban warriors with a dynamic style imbued with mystical symbolism. Sophisticated, imposing construction create silhouettes that look like armour, but underneath conceal lighter, softer layers. Mysticism and the magical world play with graphics, as witchcraft and shamanism do with folkore and animal spirit guides. Self-healing materials and natural dyed fabrics are key elements at times like these when a life lived according to nature is increasingly under threat of extinction, leading to a significant revival of all things eco-compatible.

FUTURE IMPERFECT: In a world by uncertainly and expectations that turn out to be unrealistic, we increasingly feel the need to look to oriental wisdom and philosophy for their richness and meaning. We celebrated individuality while questioning the search for perfection, Perfect lines are wilfully distorted through naturally altered and mixed materials, while prints and fastenings subtly misplaced. A trend with constucted imperfection, focusing on anti-fashion aesthetics that translate into a discreet luxury with unexpected but reproducible results.

And other one is Premiere Vision which is a really famous trade fairs for fabrics which I've visited.

A/W 09.10 at Premiere Vision has a spirit that observes, takes, attracts, Interprets and experiments with creative audacity without hesitation, provoking unusual behaviour, combining technology with eco-awareness and reason with optimism. Crossing new and dazzling fashion frontiers.

ELECTRIC SHOCKS: The first theme use colours as sources of tension sizzling with electricity. Dark, saturated colour opposes bright subversive and dissonant shades in a high-energy, two- tone display.

FLAMBOYANT RESONANCE: Heightening the intensity and moving it freely within a positive wave or alternate current is the purpose of the second mood., which plays on volcanic colour concentrations that intersect with voluptuons incandescence in an explosive harmony.

SILENT AGITATIONS: The last proposal stimulates and encourages vivacity and brightness within neutral contexts. Basic tepid and pale colours are teamed with delicated pastel shades, adding light and warmth to the mood in a discreet, elegant way.

FABRICS

Freedom for follishness is granted with Subjectuve Impulsions, The first if the fabrics trends, An Adventure into everything that's "Undisciplined", that sweeps away excessive reationality and paves the wat for intution and strong emotions. Movements is given by silk knits and fluid waves, a colourful confusion of sparkling imprecision with prints and jacquards and a series of wilfully ' disorganising; textures. Never taking oneself too seriously. Chain Reaction provokes with its new creative mechanisms and plays with virtual intererences for all new textural explorations. Unexpected rigour given by silk, cotton and sculptural pleats structured with delicate regularity, showing the mark of time with finishes applied to materiales, updating ancient symbols and accumulating calligraphic elements, folk and typographical details without cultural preconceptions. For moving forward in time and creating new artistic connections. Alternative REflections, Finally, connects the feelings with reason, rational thinking with intuition, going beyond the limitations of the presents time to bravely and audaciously anticipate a better, alternative world. A round and square design, creating a malleable solidity, an alternative formality that mixes wool and viscose, cotton and silk, and plays with asymmetry and proportions. Matt and luminous live side by side in silk, fine wools and artificial fibres that, specially treated, soften their natural sheen. A search for equilibrium between specular elements, but also between individual wellbeing and respect for the environment.

OK.........I hope u enjoy it...since it took quite a long time for this entry:flower:Sorry again for the photos.....all from Zoom on magazine

I think that the armor thing is going to be absolutely HUGE come AW 09-we've seen stars wearing the Gareth Pugh dresses and the gloves, and I have a feeling we are going to be seeing more of that kind of stuff for next fall. Also, it seems that there's going to be quite a bit more flowiness and whimsy...I wouldn't say Betsey Johnson-style whimsy, but definitely a lot more of a free spirit.

That's what I was able to dissect from it...I may be totally wrong, but I am predicting lots of flowy pastels and neutrals, and then the Gareth Pugh-esque armor pieces. I HOPE that this means a lot more metal accessories-it doesn't have to be the gloves, but I would love to see a new take on the Dolce & Gabbana metal corset belts.

Just when I thought it was fast to be "done" with s/s 09, here comes 09/10.

Yes, when I was working b4, after the season s/s 09 right now, they are already started the s/s 10..................IT's so damn fast~but that's how fashion works

Yes, when I was working b4, after the season s/s 09 right now, they are already started the s/s 10..................IT's so damn fast~but that's how fashion works

I know, I'm planning my outfit for summer vacation in 2011 already, it's gonna be great! ^^

(no sarcasm intended)

Yes the 90s ARE back, I dont know if it will sustain untill the fall 09/10. I hope not although Yes Im also sick of the futuristic disco by Balenciaga.

The 90s trend started these days with the music scene I think my famous dj friends in nyc started to play those 90s records and organising 90s parties in nyc and la. Although I heard more the hip hop of then, later I heard the techno house xtc sneaker chic scene music (james brown is dead etc) and now Im also hearing again the dr martins wearing grunge stuff like breeders pixies etc. Oh and on style.com's front page there is already a model with a skateboard now...

Yes it is also refelected in the glass of fashion already with the 90s models Claudia Cindy etc or 90s look a likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->