Trends And Tremors At The Epicenter Of Couture

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, Sep 3, 2003.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I agree. Raise the standards for couture! Kick out Elie Saab and those designers from Arabia and India who have no talent. Even French locals Nicolas Le Cauchoix, Fred Sethal have no couture bearing in their work at all.

I don't care if only Chanel, Dior, Ungaro, Valentino and Lacroix and Gaultier are the only designers showing. They should only chose only the 'worthy' ones.

They should also invite those who have couture like craftmanship. . .Hello! Yamamoto's number is :rolleyes: . . . also Olivier Theyskens.;)

2. Acid

Acid yes

i find it very sad that these days there are a very small handful of women who can afford and buy couture.
    once upon a time there were some 20 000 couture customers worldwide, this is before they could even fly to paris on a plane!
    nowdays most of the couture worn is by celebrities who dont even pay for it, and rich customers whom we never actually see wearing it.

i hope that the next generation of super riche will take more pride in themselves and buy couture. we're already seing super grooming amoungst teenagers, hundreds of dollars flying at single items before they even have a credit card......so maybe we'll be seing some haute 'culture' in the not so distand future ;)

3. Serena

Serena New Member

i agree. couture is ultra expensive now & my guess is it won't get any cheaper in a future. at the same time, if you can afford couture but it does not really suit you lifestyle, people think, why buy it? if these women have a big event, they'll wear Herrera or Vera Wang, and if they're younger they'll wear Gucci & Prada. from what i understand, wearing couture is almost an art in itself, no? but when you see so many women in Juicy 24/7 couture seems like fantasy wear :(

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Fred is great :heart: :eek: you can kik her out!