Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by tFS Thread Manager, Sep 25, 2014.
I heard all the straight dark bobs were a nod to the designer the Met Gala was celebrating?
The lumbersexual look. I'm not sure if it still is (or ever was) a hot commodity in your neck of the woods, but here, it's all I ever see. (src: jezebel)
Source of you photo, please?
He wrote it's from jezebel.com
lumbersexual? I... can't. Isn't this just grunge + hipster facial hair?
It is a trend and not fresh, but on the other hand, just fades into the background at this point, at least in my neck of the woods... neck of the woods is so appropriate, isn't it.
I'll add one, black skinny jeans with ripped knees. I always felt this was reaching for cred that never existed, crossing the Ramones with the black skinny jeans crowd, but I basically like the look... but every boy, girl, cat, dog and suitcase is wearing it... kthxbye.
^ can I be cruel here and just mention the same jeans on guys with cylinder-esque legs paired up with a black amish hat.. what do you even do when you walk into a bar and easily 5 other dudes are wearing the exact same thing... "hi"? hide?
I have so many I wouldn't even know where to start, all LA nightmares:
- champion/supreme/stussy/list goes on junk, esp sweatshirts..
- kneeling on one knee and cross-armed for photos like some 90s rapper, queen/king of irony.. usually in the brands listed above.. doesn't help with the severe fashion victim case but 10% happy it's being documented so there are no deniers in 3-5 years time..
- highlighter on cupid's bow. I don't know who came up with this theory that it would make your lips look fuller, 1. it does not and 2. it looks like saliva, gross.
- an obvious one but: vetements.. I saw this guy coming out of Target with what I think was his family (mom and sister), they were carrying bags but he couldn't help them because he was wearing that one sweatshirt with extra long sleeves and some words on it and I guess he can't roll them up because what's the point of wearing it then, right?.. smfh.
- boxer braids.. so kardashian, tackiest thing.
- jenny holzer quotes on clothing (and everywhere else really.. ).
See it now ... thanks!
The thick eyebrows and contouring, i'm tired of it.
Cannot believe I have to say this in 2017 but please end this socks with flip-flops / sandals madness.
I thought it was an awful thing as well, but I saw this girl with silver socks that sparkled and she somehow made it look great. She might have been a unicorn thouhg. I wasn't really paying attention...
Wow I've never seen this. Does the style have a name? I have seen only girls wear these hats. In a style like Fleetwood Mac in 'Little Lies', the singer. I wish I got to see hats more often! And I want to get one myself.
I'm sick of unicorn-everything!!!! It's not the 80's anymore. >_>
That whole hairstyle on the younger Hommes where it's shorter on the side and clipped closely to the scalp, and longer (and usually brushed to one side) on the top. Not only do I hate it because it's seemingly everywhere, I also hate it because, well, my middle-aged self can't grow hair like that anymore. Jealous much? I plead the fifth.
^^^ It’s a hairstyle that’s reached obnoxious critical mass at this point. When everyone from ComicCon nerds to gay pornstars are sporting it, you know it needs to be put to rest. Commoners!
…"guys with cylinder-esque legs” LOOOOOOOL …. I’m literally howling at this on-point description of gym-free legs in obnoxious tubular jeans. Oh Mullet— you are unmatched when it comes to wordplay: You must be the lovechild of James Joyce and Anthony Burgess. Why have you not usurped Cathy Horyn’s position??????
Mine is anything Chainsmokers related-- from their awful sound to their awful look, and all the types that surround them.
Rompers... for men, seriously.
"Glitter tits" and "glitter bums". It's a festival look that people are doing now on social media and wearing to clubs.
Really don't like the 90's fashion.. especially shoes.
– The baggy, off-the-shoulder button up shirts. It can look nice sometimes but usually it just looks sloppy.
– Mom jeans, I'll admit I kinda liked when they came back but now I'm over it
– Never understood brown lipstick, especially matte brown lipstick. Super gross.
– Celebrity wise, I'm really over sheer skirts and dresses. I don't need to see your panties and it's totally not a fresh look.
The '90s called and they want their fanny pack back.