Trends You Are Sick Of...

White chunky sneakers. And special mention to white reeboks. Is it still 2014? I don't think so, so get them out of my face trend whores... (super forgiving if we're talking girls around 13-17, they get a pass because they're discovering trends and that's cute!)

THAT Ozzie dress. So 2016..

Hoop earrings.

That tight middle part low bun, especially when wearing any of the above.

Smug ironic junk like fanny packs, tacky Versace/D&G/Gucci logos.. why not have some actual sense of humor and if you want to be eccentric and creative, then be eccentric and creative instead of channeling ig-induced irony and spontaneity when in any given walk around the corner you'll run into 4-7 peeps dressed exactly like you and proving you the opposite..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as they were finally dying off where I live, the horrid Birkenstock sandals are everywhere again :neutral:

Anything the Kardashian/jenner girls wear! + The word calabasas makes me sick! (if i hear it in a hiphop song one more time..!! Obvs I hate anything kardashian/jenner related)

over contoured makeup.

Silk pajamas inspired outfits worn outside the house. (don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE pajama lover! in the house :smile: )

Nails that are way too long they could poke someones eye out.

fanny packs...

I like a hip bag or a bag on a belt, but the shape of the basic fanny pack isn't good on anyone and I wish they would just go away...

not really a fan of backpacks either...
:(

Thick soled sneakers both of the ugly white variety and the raver babe one. Just don't.
Sweatshirts with artsy fartsy prints on them.
Lucite and PVC accesories such as bags and heels.
Collabs and the word itself when used as a synonym of exclusive.
Related to the first one, fashion brands all doing ironic sneakers, it was fun when Raf first did them as it was his take on an accesory most often worn by unfashionable youths redone in a luxury way. Nowadays is just so played out and it goes far above my understanding how people that aren't actually rich pay hundreds for them.

slender man sleeves, it looked ancient even at its prime.

Women wearing their gym clothes like it's fashion. Wearing it with a designer handbag or pair of shoes won't help either. Please stop.

The big logos on clothing kinda bothers me, that's been going around a lot. But to each their own, I won't put that bad energy out there

80s fashion, I finally feel the idea of 2000s retro is comfortable to accept. And I just need no more of car paint Miami vice sh*t from now on.

This thread always cracks me up because I tend to do most of the stuff on here which you lot deplore. Lol.
Fanny packs - Yes, kill me! They're practical, especially since I cycle about town. Not the one with logos and patterns, that's tacky! Can put my keys, wallet, mobile phone, bamboo straw, and waterless hand sanitiser all in there. Two strikes? I wear it across my shoulder, who would want all that weight on their crotch?
Silk Pyjamas as outerwear - have almost a collection at this stage. Generally only wear the shirts, but when I'm feeling particularly gutsy I brave the full look. Bought two adorable sets recently, one with a charming Japanese print which just about goes with anything, and a gorgeous one in midnight blue with butterfly pea flower motif.
Birkenstocks - They're good to wear about the house if you don't want to dirty the floor, but I've been contemplating getting the felt version for this autumn. Ought to be very cosy, I reckon. I won't wear it in public as a look though. That's what Tevas are there for, with socks, of course!
Athleisure - Within reason! As in above-the-knee running tights in white worn underneath camel-coloured shorts in summer. Anoraks, windbreakers with sporty detail and colours. Not vintage!

Last edited:
Those terrible Buffalo-style chunky sole trainers. They're the ugliest high-end shoes around. What kind of person really wants to own or wear those? Horribly ugly. I can't see the attraction to them at all.

^I gotta admit that those caught my eye for a second but as I stated on my post above I'm just so over this whole hypebeast culture, so disposable and gimmicky. They've come to represent everything I hate about current fashion.

Haphazard, zig-zaggy stitching used for surface decoration. Luckily, it's not a big trend that I see everywhere, but I've seen it enough. (farfetch.com)

13187597_14830253_480.jpg

Those hideous chunky sneakers, the 90s revival (I want a 20s revival but that's just me), athleisure, poorly made clothes (I hate how thin some fabrics are, it's hard to find a decent shirt nowadays that isn't paper thin), logo mania and that stupid "j'adiore" stuff, zuhair murad-type dresses, and all the see-through gowns on the red carpet (they're getting tired and tacky), also designers trying so hard to appeal to the millennial Instagram influencer types (and I say this as millennial, though I hate that word)

70's revival (although its not as big as 90's or 80's revival thank god:(

- Flared trousers/jeans
- Velvet/corduroy
- Brown everywhere
- Coloured aviator sunglasses
- Floppy hat
- Fug patterns

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member