Trends You Are Sick Of #4

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by tFS Thread Manager, Sep 25, 2014.

1. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

The funniest thing is that I didn't know that shoestrings as belts *cringe* was a trend that actualy caught on, it was just part of the mental image I had of the Jacquemus man (or should I say boy) someone whose idea of an accesory is chewing on a wheat head, considers wearing closed shoes as dressing up and wears a length of rope as a belt. Much like Benn98 I'm quite broad and could never wear something as dainty on me without it looking absurd, definitely a trend to hate. I'm not fond of seeing men's hairy sheens either.

A trend I've noticed more and more are vertical stripes on viscose shirts, I don't hate it per se but I've seen enough of them for a lifetime. "Bonus" points if you were with some Fila Disruptors and a thin gold chain.

2. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

A trend on TFS to post an opinion about a cover or a collection, then the following person would post an exactly opposite opinion to that one.

3. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

This fugly balenciaga sock that has descended upon every corner I walk into.

Also these padded headbands are working on no one..

4. TNF

TNF Member

-The 'French tuck'.
    -Tucking your jumper/shirt/blouse in your trousers in general. It's ok when you are very young and don't have a belly, but many people don't fit this description.
    -Ocher/orange overdose.
    -Stiff, conservative, corporate office looks outside of the office.
    -Clothes looking like a shapeless bag.
    -The lack of 'street' and playfulness in general, when it comes to current high street fashion (which wasn't a problem from the mid 00s till the mid 10s).

Shopping has become really hard today.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I once watched a mate of mine get ready and the amount of effort which goes into the French tuck is hilarious! :lol: Especially when you consider how 'casual' it's supposed to look. This part is tucked in too much, that one too loose, and then there's still the back.
    I'm convinced some mainstream style icon who everyone reveres (Kate Moss/Sienna Miller/Alexa Chung?) rushed out of the loo once with a half-tucked shirt in their denim by mistake, and the likes of Grazia went 'oh wow, how chic, how effortlessly cool' and so this is where we are now.

I do like a bit of a full tuck though especially a roll neck jumper, and I keep my belly flat so that's fine in your book? It does have some sort of infantilising quality to it though which I find oddly satisfying because I get the same sense from wearing shorts with socks.

On my current hate list:

Tommy Hilfiger, everywhere!!
    Tie-dye
    Chunky wristwatches
    Gucci tennis trainers, the dirty looking ones
    Guys wearing loafers/slippers with no socks, very often with formal pants and suits. Double strike if said slippers are in velvet or patent leather. :sick:
    Oh and Mulletproof, ANY sock-like sneaker deserves a special place in hell.
    And this haircut. Also, thanks Charlize Theron, because not it won't die anytime soon:

[​IMG]

Mens Hairstyles World

#425 Benn98, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    YohjiAddict likes this.
  6. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Where do I even start?

- Designer socks. Who in their right mind pays so much for god damn socks?!
    - Wearing cropped pants just to show your designer socks.
    - Men in jeans that fit like tights (nothing more hideous, it's like denim chopsticks with a torso)!
    - Men with bald head but a chunk of hair right on top that looks like a load of greasy s*it.
    - Menswear in general?
    - Neon footwear (or anything else).
    - Cargo (or plain) jackets with colorful fur hoods.
    - Logo sweaters/T-shirts/pullovers.
    - Logo anything besides accessories (excluding socks).
    - Demna/Virgil anything!
    - Nicolas for Louis Vuitton anything.
    - Basic garments treated as high fashion.

And also...

- Designers slapping their annoying faces on any and every possible publication and advertising (@riccardo, @Nicolas, @olivier).
    - Mediocre street models with ugly faces and no personality.
    - Lack of talent.
    - Lack of fashion.
    - Lack of passion.
    - Lack of sex!
    - Pretty much everything? I can't name one thing I'm currently excited about regarding fashion so there's that... lol