Trussardi F/W 2022.23 Milan

To me Trussardi has always been a bit of a hopeless case, a brand with no distinguishing features apart from the marketing savviness of the founder and a kind of generic 80's brand image that did not survive the mid-nineties.
So many have tried to get something out of this black hole of a brand, starting from Milan Vukmirovic (the only one, actually, who made Trussardi relevant with the camo print bags before camo became a thing) but the footprint on apparel has remained nonexistent.
I was suspicious from the start of this operation, it reeked of a desperate move to chase cool in Berlin, but this cooler-than-thou vibe has nothing to do with the bourgeois roots of the brand, if feels superimposed artificially and frankly not particularly exciting at this point, when too many have been there already.
Bets are in for how long these two are lasting as creative directors, unless they come up with some brilliant idea next season.

Oh, this collection is definitely not a good debut and it's weird because GmbH is such a strong brand. I get that Trussardi's suits want to resurrect the brand somehow, but I don't think this direction is a good one. It's too detached from the existing image of Trussardi that is rather bourgeois and commercial. Even the quality is not good, to begin with. I don't know, it's such a problematic proposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->