Tsubi Denim

Duffers

Reaction score
Someone that knows anything about this Australian brand??? There is a big hype around them know in Europe!!!

i just gave up looking for tsubi...i first encountered them like three years ago and have NEVER been able to locate anyone who knows anything about the brand.

Yeah, I agree... Difficult to find out something about Tsubi. But I think it will be much press etc now... Colette/Paris, Browns/London etc have bought Tsubi now, I also think Barneys have bought for S/S04. I think American Rag in LA have Tsubi.

They are , that`s cool... Do you know more of the new brands that Selfridges are going to carry for S/S04???

i wanna see tsubi stuff!

i was reading britsh GQ and they interviewed this australian surfer and it was one of his favorite brands, and i've been on a search ever since.

the only stuff i've seen is the women's stuff. i remember they had a pair of widelegged cropped jeans i think. they were kinda cute.

you can get tsubi for both men and women from psyche in middlesbrough, they have stocked it for the past few seasons 01642 888333

i have tsubi jeans and they're awesome, in fact i have a skirt of theirs too... i'm not completely sure where you can get them though..

Tsubi is run by four surfers and its seems like they're really disorganized; I know of two different shops who placed orders with them last season and never heard back from them. Probably has something to do with why it's so hard to find their things...now that they're getting more publicity, maybe that will change.

You can get some of their things for ladies online at: http://www.mycatwalk.com.au/pages/home.html

I think they just opened a store in NY, although the shop won't be called 'Tsubi'

Ha ha, that's funny! It wouldn't surprise me if the tsubi boys are slack, it's like almost impossible to get in touch with anyone at their studio in Sydney cos they're either always away or just never answer the phone!
But I love their stuff and it's readily available here in Oz + very popular.
They have a shop at Bondi Beach called City of the Dead or something like that. Alot of their new jeans are skinny while being slightly slouchy and come in lots of bright colours. :heart:
Here's some pics from their Winter 05 collection which has just been released here. As you can see, very bright and quirky. This collection was a collaboration with another aussie designer called Michelle Jank so it's a little different. Their usual look is quite grungy.
At this particular fashion show they were an hour or so late and then all the models finally came out clapping and filed past really quick as tho it was the end of the show and it only lasted about 2 mins! Cheeky boys! :D
IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg
http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-images/imagefolder/slide-1457/IMG_2704.jpg

Here's the boys pictured with an aussie ex-singer at their store opening.
51539069.jpg

Style.com had something on Tsubi in their latest newsletter.

Their jeans are so popular here (and as droogist said, mycatwalk.com.au stock them)

Tsubi is everywhere in Australia! They are notorious for going against the norm, eg. having rats running down the catwalk with the models at their first show. last year instead of a parade they had an installation at fashion week launching their raunchy calander. they have just opened their new store in NY on Mulberry St. you can also buy their stuff on Australian eBay www.ebay.com.au it will be heaps cheaper here than if you bought it at Browns etc. just like sass & bide.

one of my friends is a designer for Tsubi and people say its unorganised, but its actually not. they are very laid back but still get everything done on time. their studio is really cool and has a skateboard ramp in it and grafitti all over the walls. Tsubi is more than a label now, its how you describe people in Sydney eg "he is such a tsubi type guy". it's all a bit of a wank now because they have gotten too popular, so enjoy it while you can! but I guess its different for other countries because they are not surrounded by it all the time.

They aint so big over here...

i find they're jeans just look a bit cheap really. The prices they ask are crazy.

people in europe and britain want more contemporary flavoured denim.

They make pretty nice jeans. They've been doing manually treated jeans for years before the overpriced denim craze started. And if you buy them in Australia, it's really not as expensive than those overpriced jeans labels that's been mushrooming in the US in recent times.

does anyone know of a way to get them in Canada? perhaps i'll email the PR ppl...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->