Turning Redhead

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
I am planning to dye my hair cherry red with the boxes of feria rouge ardents haircolor..... What do you guys think?

Does it work on dark black hair? And what do you think of the look?

Either that or i dye my hair with the boxes of Hi lift browns (is that the name?!?!?! :unsure: ) from L Oreal, it's supposed to work on even the darkest hair. I am so not sure wether to go brown or red.

I have the "same" skin color as huh...... let's say Gisele Bundchen.

I just died my hair. It was my natural brown color with chunks in it. My roots were starting to show, so I figured I'd go for a rich brownish red. Well, I picked up Garnier. Holy christ, I looked like I could navigate plane landings with my head. I waited a few days... dye works best on dirty hair... and used Feria's auburn brown... called "Brilliant Bourdeux" I think. It really didn't do alot, darkened it a bit to a dark cherry color. It's still very bright. It sounds like what you're looking for. I wanted a more natural brown/red. The color on the box depicts that. It's a beautiful color on the box! The color on my head is pretty, but it's more wild... punkish maybe?

Anyway, sounds like what you're looking for. My natural brown came out cherry too. I was actually annoyed.

Good luck :smile:

Originally posted by Kimkhuu@Oct 31 2004, 07:35 PM
I am planning to dye my hair cherry red with the boxes of feria rouge ardents haircolor..... What do you guys think?

Does it work on dark black hair? And what do you think of the look?
[snapback]412571[/snapback]​
If you use Feria Cherry red on black hair the only effect you will get is red reflexes when the sun shines on it. If you want to go red you have to remove some of your natural color with a bleach product and then add the color that you want. Its a very harsh treatment to your hair and I wouldnt recomend it, but if you really want to try it out I suggest you let a professional colorist do it for you

Actually, there is a product at the beaty supply store that will take out dye, on natural hair it just tones it down a few notches. I've used it a few times, it works very well w/o damaging your hair. It's in a yellow box, I think it's something Colorfix.

see... my hair is naturally a reddish brown like a rusty pot or something. Then over time, when I go in the sun it turns orangey-gold. I dye it a few shades darker every once in awhile, but it always washes out and since I go to the beach all the time... I always get the orangey-gold color in my hair and it looks odd with my skin tone.

So, about a year or so ago, I dyed it cherry red, just to go with the flow or something... and now I have pink highlights. Its so weird. But the grow-out is still goldey.

any tips?

I don't trust dye in a box that you buy at the pharmacy. Besides dark brown hair needs to have colour removed. If you dont feel like bleaching your hair and ruining it, I suggest you try a processed called shining. It doesn't contain any ammonia which is great for your locks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->