Twitching

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by papa_levante, May 25, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Why does this happen? :judge:

It's right under my left eye. It started when finals began. Now that finals are over plus an extra week, why does it continue to twitch?

Mother says, "It's stress, darling." Is it? What else could cause my eye to twitch? Not just my eye... I do believe that it was once elsewhere on my body, somewhere along my forearm. But nothing drives me more crazy than when it happens on my face. It is such a distraction! :doh:

2. Party_Vixen

Party_Vixen Making a Mess

Sometimes that happens to me too. It usually is right under one of my eyes. Although it hasn't happened in a long time. But I think for me it was stress. It was strange because I couldn't control it. And it would just happen randomly. Mine was barely noticeable though. I remember it happening once to me when I was with my friends and none of them could see it. Our bodies sometimes do strange things (especially when under stress or coming out of a stressful time) that can't always be explained with a concrete physiological solution.

3. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

It's interesting you bring up that no one noticed your twitch. Mine is quite noticeable when I'm talking. Too many people have mentioned it to me: "Hey, your eye is doin' a twitch." :doh:

I think it is stress.

4. ScarlettLover

ScarlettLover New Member

I get that too! So don't feel bad because you aren't alone.

This might be something that should be researched on webmd.com or something.....

I would like to know why aswell.

5. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Well, the most obvious answer would be to have checked WebMD.com. Good idea. :p

- Web MD.

6. ScarlettLover

ScarlettLover New Member

^Thank you! :)

lol I would have, but I had to get off. It's good to know it's nothing strange.

7. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I was going to say you need more sleep, I used to get this when I was at school.

8. ohcaptain

ohcaptain New Member

I used to get twitches like that alot if I got up especially early after little sleep and/or had exams which created stress. I ended up going to the doctor about it because it was bothering me quite alot and I ended up getting diagnosed with Epilepsy. As papa_levante post says about the myoclonic jerks thats pretty much all I get. Hope I haven't worried anyone, just thought id share my story on this :)

9. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

I have twitches right under my left eye as well, esp. when my kidneys were acting up...I did feel very weak. Stress does it too, but sometimes it just happens

10. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

THANKS everyone for their input. :flower:

Sleep is probably the best medicine. My sleep cycles are irregular now that I take advantage of no school.

11. Legyviel

Legyviel in the mood for love

oh yeah when my eye started twitching for the 1st time it freaked me out too. I starts twitching when I'm stressed and tired and lacking sleep. Just get some rest and it will go away! :)

12. purrmeowsqueek

purrmeowsqueek New Member

This is quite common so don't panic :)

I get this often when I've been really stressed and tired.
    Just get lots of sleep and relax and it'll go away :D

13. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Lots of sleep is what I haven't been getting and there's really no excuse because I'm out of school! :rofl: Thanks to everyone! :flower:

14. satin chic

satin chic New Member

My eyelids twitch when I'm stressed out or didn't get a lot of sleep. It usually goes away after a week or two, although once it went on for a whole month.

15. silk skin paws

silk skin paws doldrums

Interesting information. I always assumed twitches were linked to vitamin deficiencies. I haven't had any for quite some time.

16. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

it's caused by a deficiency in vitamin b complex. just take multivitamins and improve your diet. it may also be caused by eye strain. too much net time perhaps? just needs rest

17. caratjuice

caratjuice New Member

If you ask my grandmama, she'll tell you that right eyelid twitch means bad luck is coming your way, whereas if its your left eyelid lady luck is approaching! :D

But my doc say its some muscle thingy, and I need more rest.