Twitching

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
Why does this happen? :judge:

It's right under my left eye. It started when finals began. Now that finals are over plus an extra week, why does it continue to twitch?

Mother says, "It's stress, darling." Is it? What else could cause my eye to twitch? Not just my eye... I do believe that it was once elsewhere on my body, somewhere along my forearm. But nothing drives me more crazy than when it happens on my face. It is such a distraction! :doh:

Sometimes that happens to me too. It usually is right under one of my eyes. Although it hasn't happened in a long time. But I think for me it was stress. It was strange because I couldn't control it. And it would just happen randomly. Mine was barely noticeable though. I remember it happening once to me when I was with my friends and none of them could see it. Our bodies sometimes do strange things (especially when under stress or coming out of a stressful time) that can't always be explained with a concrete physiological solution.

It's interesting you bring up that no one noticed your twitch. Mine is quite noticeable when I'm talking. Too many people have mentioned it to me: "Hey, your eye is doin' a twitch." :doh:

I think it is stress.

I get that too! So don't feel bad because you aren't alone.

This might be something that should be researched on webmd.com or something.....

I would like to know why aswell.

Well, the most obvious answer would be to have checked WebMD.com. Good idea. :P

- Web MD.

Unlike tics,the majority of muscle twitches are isolated occurrences, not repeated actions. Muscle twitches are also known as myoclonic jerks. They are entirely involuntary and cannot be controlled or suppressed.

One type of muscle twitch is benign essential blepharospasm. Blepharospasm refers to the muscles of one or both eyelids twitching uncontrollably. This often occurs repeatedly over a sustained period of time. In extreme cases, which are rare, benign essential blepharospasm may also involve the eyebrows, mouth, and neck.

Experts believe that the eyelid twitching of blepharospasm is caused by the misfiring of certain cells in one area of the brain. Eyelid twitches may be aggravated by having dry eyes. They may also be worsened by stress, lack of sleep, caffeine, and harsh light conditions.

The treatment for tic disorders depends on the severity of the condition. In many instances, no treatment is needed and the tics will resolve on their own.

^Thank you! :smile:

lol I would have, but I had to get off. It's good to know it's nothing strange.

I was going to say you need more sleep, I used to get this when I was at school.

I used to get twitches like that alot if I got up especially early after little sleep and/or had exams which created stress. I ended up going to the doctor about it because it was bothering me quite alot and I ended up getting diagnosed with Epilepsy. As papa_levante post says about the myoclonic jerks thats pretty much all I get. Hope I haven't worried anyone, just thought id share my story on this :smile:

I have twitches right under my left eye as well, esp. when my kidneys were acting up...I did feel very weak. Stress does it too, but sometimes it just happens

THANKS everyone for their input. :flower:

Sleep is probably the best medicine. My sleep cycles are irregular now that I take advantage of no school.

oh yeah when my eye started twitching for the 1st time it freaked me out too. I starts twitching when I'm stressed and tired and lacking sleep. Just get some rest and it will go away! :smile:

This is quite common so don't panic :smile:

I get this often when I've been really stressed and tired.
Just get lots of sleep and relax and it'll go away :D

Lots of sleep is what I haven't been getting and there's really no excuse because I'm out of school! :rofl: Thanks to everyone! :flower:

My eyelids twitch when I'm stressed out or didn't get a lot of sleep. It usually goes away after a week or two, although once it went on for a whole month.

Interesting information. I always assumed twitches were linked to vitamin deficiencies. I haven't had any for quite some time.

it's caused by a deficiency in vitamin b complex. just take multivitamins and improve your diet. it may also be caused by eye strain. too much net time perhaps? just needs rest

If you ask my grandmama, she'll tell you that right eyelid twitch means bad luck is coming your way, whereas if its your left eyelid lady luck is approaching! :D

But my doc say its some muscle thingy, and I need more rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->