Named after Virginia Woolf's 'Finding Orlando'. :wub:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

source: vogue.co.uk

Didn't look so odd in the preview post. :doh: Sorry mods!

07.jpg
08.jpg

09.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg

Source: same as above

Last edited by a moderator:
25.jpg

And the designer! She's so talented.

Sorry again mods! Still getting the hang of this. :flower:

this is really, really nice. the first dress in #3 on the top left made my heart skip a beat. please if someone knows more about this designer please tell.

OK, I just found this on: http://www.breadandbutter.com/brandbible/htdocs/brandbible.php?bpid=690
Her SS 2008 collection is called “Reading Orlando".
A novel by Virginia Woolf about identity and ambiguity, dreams and reality, happiness and sadness,...
The garments play with the book shapes, the pages and the spines.
Own creative brand since 2004
Designer of Neil Barrett's womenswear since 2003
2007:
Finalist of the International Mango Fashion Awards “The Button” (Sept. 6th)
Finalist of GenArt New York Fashion Awards (May 22nd)
2006:
Awarded with the “Barcelona es moda” Prize as the best professional in fashion of Barcelona
Selected to represent Spain in an European Young Fashion Summit (Vienna)
2005:
Lancôme Prize as the best young designer of the Barcelona Fashion Week
Special guest in the Prague Fashion Week
2004:
Starts showing her collections in the Barcelona Fashion Week
Opens international sales in Danielle Ghiselli Diffusione showroom (Milan)
2003:
Awarded as the most promising young designer by the Camera della Moda Italiana
Starts working for Neil Barrett’s womenswear
2002:
Finalist at the Onward Tokyo Grand Prix fashion awards
Master in Fashion Design in the Domus Academy (Milano)
2001:
First prize in Milano's Domus Academy competition “Insideouting”
2000:
Fashion Design studies at the Llotja Arts School of Barcelona
1999:
Bachelor in Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona

This is very fashion forward and nice, but I'm not sure if "wearable" is in most people's vocab for this. And if that is the case, who really cares. As Luckyme said, "This is really really nice.

oh wow, this is the first s/s 08 collection I actually like. everything has been so boring so far. Is this her first collection, I've never herd of her before?

I love the fact that there is a lot of volume, but it's new kind of volume, not bubble or trapeze

This is very fashion forward and nice, but I'm not sure if "wearable" is in most people's vocab for this. And if that is the case, who really cares. As Luckyme said, "This is really really nice.

I agree, I don't think most people would call that wearable, but on someone with confidence to wear it, I bet it looks beautiful.

Maybe I'm mad, but I'd wear 95% of this stuff. Even the 'looks' seem doable IRL. :lol:

Thanks for the info, Luckyme! Txell is quite the enigma it seems. Incredibly difficult to find any solid, telling information on her though I have a feeling she likes it best that way. Wonder if she is big in Spain...? I can see her doing well in Belgium and Japan. France, too.

Urd she has been showing since 2001, I believe. A retrospective of her work is available on her website - txellmiras.eu :flower:

I'd love to see bigger pictures, the details look amazing.
and yes, I would definetely wear the 'looks' too

I believe she does a lot of designs for theatrical productions. I adore her website--it's so fun to navigate. :heart:

luckyme, that is the exact dress I picked out! :lol: It's amazing how some of us have the same taste.

This is so wonderful to look at. I agree with wiw that it looks quite wearable. It's intricate and a bit wacky, to be sure, but the proportions of everything are right on. The fall collection was wonderful too.

imo it's more wearable than one would think... i'd wear a lot of the dresses, in a heartbeat... especially the fourth one in post #2 and the first in post #4 :woot:

with a simple flat sandal and a great bag, lots of these looks would be great for day...

amazing collection!!! :heart:

I love how all the different folds create a new silhouette
It's just like a sculpture

So the concept of the collection is based on the actual book ?? Not the story inside :o That idea's so odd/interesting --I can kind of see the covers and pages myself now! :P

About 10 times better than anything we've seen in NYC so far. I think she overworked a few pieces, but overall, I love it. Thanks for posting. :flower:

plato, it's in Barcelona, not NYC :zorro:

I know, that's why I said it's better than anything we have [and most likely anything we will] see in NY. :smile:

not a minute to waste and I tracked down a store in the US that carries her line. they just picked it up and are going to send me pictures of some skirts and the cape that is posted on the website. laika, how about that puppet that drops down? how neat is that.

its nice to see a costume designer that made/makes the transition to RTW so successfully.

as soon as I get the pictures I will post in the shop till you drop/yay or nay.

Anyone know where I can view her costume designs?
Last time I checked it wasn't on her website :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->