Typography in fashion .. graphic prints featuring writing, words, etc.

Perickles

Reaction score
I'm looking for some collections where the protagonist is the typography, for example this one of Viktor & Rolf called No (Ready to wear F/W 2008-09)

I want to see more like this...thanks

Mod note: Please don't hotlink! Use attachments or an image host. Hotlinking results in images disappearing, as happened here.

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
you might try researching font in fashion for example the louis vuitton font (i think the george font comes close)

Thanks but I'm not looking exactly for logotypes . I want to see how fashion designers work with typography in clothes like viktor & rolf (they worked with 3D and 2D typography, and in makeup also)

Vuitton by Stephen Sprouse

graffiti6.jpg

bagcraze blogspot

Thanks Givenchyhomme, it looks very interesting ;-). Yes, you understood what I wanted. I feel so glad when fashion meets with typography.

What a fab idea for a thread, a meeting of two loves of mine! Will try and think of some, there's one I'm trying to think of....

Katherine Hamnett remains the queen with the slogan t-shirts she introduced in the early 80ies... which Henry Holland blatantly copied for his own t-shirt line.

john galliano remains the king of this sort of thing. from his early work at dior to some of his current stuff in menswear, he tends toward typeface for a lot of his "must have" pieces.

style.com

and this dress that SJP later on wore on Sex and the City
carrie-bradshaw-christian-dior-fall-2000-dress.jpg

What a fab idea for a thread, a meeting of two loves of mine! Will try and think of some, there's one I'm trying to think of....

Thanks!, I love both fashion and typography also.

And thanks guys to collaborate. We must look for more, there is much interesting material to share :wink:

I have found this nice shirt of John Lawrence Sullivan, I think It was designed by Arashi Yanagawa. It seems like a Trajan style. I love it!
JohnLawrenceSullivan_Tee.jpg

mymanybags in blogspot

Moschino does a nice play of words/wording in some of their designs ... like clothes with the word "LOGO" going all over it .. couldnt find one right now but found this on the internet

8835-587636-p.jpg

from zappos.com

Yes, It's interesting also when brands play with its logotypes in clothes and accesories

In here I found the same concept but with Fendi bags
oqS4RJuzNxIvTzX.jpg

ioffer

i think this is the right place to post it, i found these designs by Masashi Kawamura interesting

‘T’ shirts are T shirts that was designed to have the silhouette of 5 famous typefaces; Helvetica, Caslon, Baskerville, Courier, and Cooper Black.

In the world of typography, terms such as typeface, character, body, etc are used to describe the form of a letter. The reason why they use expressions closely related to a human body, is perhaps because each different letter has a distinct quality and personality, in a similar way that us humans are all unique.

In the designing process of these shirts, I aimed to capture the character of each typeface and tried to give them a unique look and presence once worn. By collaborating with Itaru Yonenaga, I feel we were able to produce a collection of shirts that is not only conceptual, but wearable as real clothes. I hope you will find your favorite shirt/typeface.

baskerville.jpg
baskerville_T_bw.jpg

courier.jpg
courier_T_bw.jpg

helvetica.jpg
helvetica_T_bw.jpg

caslon.jpg
caslon_T_bw.jpg

cooper.jpg
cooper_T_bw.jpg

masa-ka.com

Thank you! jess93 , that's great!, and of course this is the right thread to post this type of things because I wanted to know more stuff like this about how fashion designers are innovating with typography in their clothes or accesories :wink:. Helvetica is used in everywhere, there's a film about this typeface and its uses but I don't know if the movie included this t-shirt.
have a nice weekend

seam work with leather string

the back center seam reads "happyhappyhappyhappyhappy"

from sartoria 2004
my scan

Attachments

• sartoria.jpg
    sartoria.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads