Uggs

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Meg, Jul 24, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I know we just had a minor discussion about wearing what you want in the "denim" topic but just general thoughts on whether or not Ugg's are still "in" for this winter. I was just wandering through the Uggstore and wanted to know members thoughts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dommy

Dommy New Member

Personally, I think they are awful, but I'm a little colored on them since I recently broke off from a total @$$ that loved his pair... LOL!

Anyway... I think they are mostly worn for comfort and warmth rather than true fashion sense (Kinda like Birkenstocks) so if you feel like they are a good investment (I admit, they are pretty well made...) then go ahead and purchase.

--Dommy!

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:shock: why? were those ever 'in' ?

i think they look real bad, make legs look fat. :sick:

4. Meg

just curious :flower: They were (or at least to me) rather popular last winter among certain people and some hollywood folks (kate hudson, others of whom i can't think of at the moment). I'm also going to the UK next year and think they would look cute with a skirt.

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

well, fur detailed boots were popular-ish (Dior & Fendi launched them winter 02-03) but i have not seen them catching up, not even in Paris -except maybe over skin tight jeans.

slouchy boots with a 'casual' 80s look were very hot with London girls last season, but then they were just in suede, with no fur details. I wouldn't think slouch boots will move on, the whole look is much sleek-er and ladylike for coming fall-winter, but still, its just the trend.

go for them if you really like them megh ;) personality rules over trends :flower:

6. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Wear what you like - when you like. ;)

7. Meg

hahaha will do, it's hard coming from a very conservative community. You can actually roll the rims up but I kinda like the first pair. We shall see. You just know I'll just kick around in trainers anyway :p

8. Tiffy

Tiffy New Member

I actually tried a pair of uggs on at nordstrom two days ago with my mom, who had only previously seen them on the internet and thought they were atrocious! But when I put them on, she actually thought they were cute and I don't think they are so bad. Most importantly, they are ridiculously comfortable so they will be perfect for walking around campus during the colder months (although according to the salesperson, they are year round boots)

There are pics of Gwyneth and Kate Hudson with uggs on and I don't think they look too bad. But to each their own!

9. tott

tott slightly dizzy

These shoes are ugly.

In very cold climates they might be a necessary option. Might. There are other options.

10. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Just to add a "me too".

Yes, wear what you like and don't worry!

I might hate it, Astrid might as well. If you carry it off, more power to you!

11. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I like them some how, But you can find cheaper pairs

I liek slouchy boots more but I think, as lena said, they look good with skin tight jeans or skirts

liek this sort of[​IMG]

12. Craig

Craig New Member

Love the bag, Spacemiu! Is it a Tod's shopper?

Those boots do match well with denim skirts, it's about what suits the wearer. There are some fabulous boots this coming season, the Jimmy Choo ones are cool, not too sure about all the boots with back zips, aren't they a bit awkward to zip up. I know lots of those zip back styles are 'pull on', but I would say the traditional side zip boots are more practical and look nicer. To each their own, though.

13. charlottesometimes

charlottesometimes retro queen

I thought that ugg-boots were just a daggy Aussie thing. No offence of course. :flower:

I'm wearing mine as I type (my toes are nice and toasty) but I never wear them out of the house. They don't have a very good image here, although I have seen a few brave people try to make them a fashion item. I'm surprised that some Hollywood people are wearing them. :unsure:

Anyway, I totally agree with Astrid and Tott. Wear what makes you happy!

14. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

its a Hermes Birkin I belive :flower: :heart: :blush:

15. utopia

utopia ingenue

I think if you live in a northern climate where it's fairly dry (as opposed to a cold rainy climate), then you can get away with wearing them, though it'd be more of a casual, comfy look rather than fashion statement. in the UK it's too wet in the winter to wear them IMO - if I'm going to wear clunky oversized boots they've gotta be some chic rubber wellies. ;)

16. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

ditto LENA.
    i never knew why likes such as pamela anderson (who is so slim) would wear something like these shoes.... whish make her look so not slim :yuk:

17. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: Leyla, where have you been? vacating i guess :flower:

:heart: missed you :blush:

18. tgp

tgp New Member

I have tried to order the ultra tall Uggs from everywhere! They all have a waiting list and can't get them until April. Does anyone know places outside of the US and the Ugg Australia store that have them?? I have tried shopbop, nordstrom, anthropologie, and every little store that carries them on the web-no luck. Thanks!

19. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

TGP, u might wanna try NEIMAN MARCUS.
    their website offers this knee high tall boot from size 9 (mens sizing) upwards!

20. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member