Uggs

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Meg, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Aziandoll

Aziandoll New Member

2. *midnight*golightly*

Sport Chalet
    Nordstrom
    Local shoe stores now all want to carry them in some shape or form...i don't know if they're "UGGS" exactly

YOu know what! They're everywhere! LoL

3. frenchkisstrauma

frenchkisstrauma New Member

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

And you won't believe the massive auctions they have for those boots!!! :blink:

What is this madness about,I wonder? Cause they're rather dreadful looking to me :lol:

5. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Tell me about it, Im sorry, but I can't find anything attractive on those boots :(

6. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

Tell me about it, Im sorry, but I can't find anything attractive on those boots :( [/b][/quote]
    my mum wznt through INSTYLE yesterday and she saw a pic of KIM STEWART wearing those. she almost felt sick!!!! :sick: she actually asked me if she had "ILL" feet and she is obliged to wear those :lol: :lol:

7. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

If anyone knows where they sell them in Canada, please let me know asap! :heart:

8. cat

cat New Member

check over the rainbow in yorkville (ive seen it there for about $350 cdn), TNT (not 100% sure if they have it), and i think i saw them at this shoe store at the corner of bay and bloor. good luck!

9. paris

paris New Member

seems to be april for the earliest order... my sister has been searching for them too... I believe ebay is your best bet. Although they are warm from someone who wore them this past weekend when there was a BLIZZARD in nyc... I don't find them attractive. But then if you're stomping in snow, and it's low visibility, you can wear the ugliest thing and I won't notice it!!!

10. CoutureGirl7

CoutureGirl7 New Member

both my friend and i purchased a pair of UGG classic short in sand, sz. 8 from different stores. however, the other day we compared the two -- it turns out that mine are darker than hers, and that hers fit more narrowly. also, inside the tag mine say they are made in new zealand where as hers say they are made in austraila. also, my sheepskin is supposedly softer than hers. can someone please explain this!!!??

11. Aziandoll

Aziandoll New Member

I would assume that they are authentic. I purchased mine from a store, and they are authentic. They say "Made in New Zealand" in them. There are probably also different variations in the shade of the boot because of the suede exterior. As for the sheepskin, I'd assume that they should all feel the same. I would check for the Ugg tag inside and everything... just to make sure.. and that the soles look the same.

12. charlottesometimes

charlottesometimes retro queen

Uggs are made in Australia and New Zealand, and now I believe the USA and China, and I'm sure lots of other places as well. I read a great article about the UGGs brand that has been such a huge success overseas, the name was actually bought by a US company, and now no-one can actually use that particular name, even though uggs are actually a style of boot, like pumps or slides are a style of shoe.

There are many many different manufacturers of ugg boots, none can truthfully claim authenticity of the ugg-boot, only authenticity of their particular brand. IMO, there is no such thing as a 'fake' ugg-boot. We have been wearing them for years in Australia, although the funny thing is, here they are considered the epitomy of dagginess, and nobody likes to admit that they wear them. :lol: BTW. I'm not making fun of uggs, I wear them too, I'm just pointing out the funny cultural differences. :P

Anyway, about your question, Australia and NZ are huge producers of wool, and I guess the company sources their pelts from wherever they can. I heard that they also use pelts from China.

13. CoutureGirl7

CoutureGirl7 New Member

thanks for clearing it for me guys!!! :wink: :wink:

14. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

check over the rainbow in yorkville (ive seen it there for about $350 cdn), TNT (not 100% sure if they have it), and i think i saw them at this shoe store at the corner of bay and bloor. good luck! [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the suggestions Cat!I should have specified which province though! I live in B.C. and I think you're talking about a totally different province :( thanks anyways!! :flower:

15. usahockey18

usahockey18 New Member

I have Authentic brand *new* Ugg boots for sale. E-mail [email protected] if you are interested.

P.S. include the style and size if you know them. There going quick!

16. Serena

Serena New Member

Tell me about it, Im sorry, but I can't find anything attractive on those boots :( [/b][/quote]
    So true...i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way :innocent:

17. Ärtan

Ärtan New Member

:lol: :lol:

18. giselakas

giselakas New Member

SINK YOUR FEET INTO A PAIR OF THESE COMFY SHEEP LINED AUTHENTIC UGGS, THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU KNOW WHY THEY ARE SO DESIRED. THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE RARE TIMES WHERE I DECIDED TO CHOOSE COMFORT OVER LOOKS AND NO REGRETS!

If anyone in NYC is looking for these Uggs, I found mine at Harry's Shoes on 81st and Broadway about a year ago. I beleive they still carry them. Also try Paragon in Union Square. I also bought knock-offs in pink on www.kidsboots.au. Those are heavenly, not to mention cheaper too..

19. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

PinkCouture, I'm not sure if your interested or not but in Regina (where my home is) they have an australian store that sells imitation Uggs, called Wildgoose or osmething similar to that. You could always phone them and ask them to ship them to you if you are interested. Regina, isn't exactly the most fashion forward city in the world so they aren't exactly flying off the shelves. If you cut the tag off, nobody would notice and because they are by an australian company and imported, i'm pretty sure they are good quality. That is, if you want a warm boot. Anyway just a suggestion. If you want the real Uggs, I understand.

20. giselakas

giselakas New Member