Uggs

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Meg, Jul 24, 2003.

1. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

i got mine at Globe Shoes...they had alot of selection at the store near me...hope this helps!

2. CoutureGirl7

CoutureGirl7 New Member

i would try calling sports chalet locations in CA. try bootbarn too!

3. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! :flower: Mehq, thanks for the info but I'm on a mission for real Uggs!I found out they sell them here at a store called Aritzia but they are sold out and only getting more in February! :( I wanted a tall pair of pink ones but they are only getting the short ones in for $285 Canadian I believe. :shock:

4. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous Active Member

As far as I know, ugg only makes the pink and blue ones in the short style.

5. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

As far as I know, ugg only makes the pink and blue ones in the short style. [/b][/quote]
    Really?hmm..I suppose it all works out then!Thanks for the info Tay! :flower:

6. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Apparently Over the Rainbow in Yorkville sells them as well. :flower:

7. fantasticfleece

fantasticfleece New Member

You can try fantasticfleece.com these are ugg boots but not UGG brand. Not all sizes and styles in stock but more coming in late January

8. iheartmj

iheartmj New Member

Ugg boots are soooooo comfy..I could walk around the world in them!

try calling this place http://www.sohoshoes.com/index.html

Their located in North Carolina but will ship to you. I recently(maybe 3 weeks ago) purchased a pair of ugg classic short in sand for my sister and the price was $110.

Ebay is definitely NOT worth it..they sell them for around $300-$400 a pair :wacko:

9. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

they have them at NORDSTROM

10. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

As previously hinted at, in Australia and New Zealand sheepskin boots (which have been around down here for decades) are known as ugg boots - we do not differentiate by brand. There just happens to be a brand called UGG but there is little difference between these and other New Zealand/Australian made sheepskin boots - save for the label on the back of the heel!!! For some reason the UGG brand has become a household name outside of Australasia and thus the great demand for them.

If you don't want to wait until April of this year for UGG stock and are looking for a comfortable sheepskin ugg boot in tan or walnut (baby pink/baby blue coming soon) check out:::

http://www.miwoolies.com

Ugg boots for men and women are available - a great range of styles in varying heights with a choice of sole, lace-up ugg boots, ugg boots with possum-fur trim.

Prices are extremely reasonable - around $US70 for the shortest boot.

Hope this helps!

11. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

I actually doubt that you'll be able to find any at Nordstrom. I was at the one in Rhode Island last weekend and I over heard a salesperson saying how they maybe have three pairs total in the store. It may just be that store, but I'd guess its pretty similar in the other ones. She also said they won't be getting any until July. Luckily Uggs are supposed to act like Air Conditioners in the summer :D

12. tgp

tgp New Member

I have the sand uggs and I don't know how to clean them. The web site only tells about the protector you can buy, but not how to get them clean. Anyone know what to do? thanks

13. lele

lele New Member

i dont know but can i add something else about uggs that I am so pissed off about!? i was sitting with my legs crossed and noticed what I thought was a tear near the heel....and i looked and realized the entire shoe at the heel has torn away from the sole. NICE!!! huh?

now back to cleaning - i would get some suede/leather cleaner.....

14. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

If they're suede you need a suede brush...if they're very dirty you need to take them to a professional leather-cleaner...

15. tott

tott slightly dizzy

You buy a suede brush. There are different kinds, but the most common have like thick, folded rubber for "bristles" and some actual bristles at the side so you can reach along the sole or whatever. If you have really bad stains or something, you would probably use a suede "eraser", kind of like a pumice stone.

You could probably just use a regular shoe brush if they are merely dusty, sort of.

It is a very good idea to use some kind of spray to make them water and dirt repellant before you ever use them.

16. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

an eraser/rubber for pencils?!! that should work quite well :unsure:

17. maarit

maarit paint it black

I use a suede brush and it works pretty well. Also, water repellent is used religiously in this house :lol:

18. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

I sprayed mine with waterproofing spray and just tried a suede eraser on mine yesterday - - - it was great! It even got rid of some water stains I had on my boots from last winter.

19. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

:lol:

It's funny because when UGGs became popular I would get soooooo many Americans coming into work asking if we sell ugg boots - to which I would reply "yes" and then they would get angry because they "weren't real uggs". I had NO idea that there was actually a BRAND called ugg... What's next? Somebody selling socks under the name "Socks" and confusing people everywhere who apparently sell "knock-off" socks???

:blink:

20. iheartmj

iheartmj New Member

does the protector actually work? what brands would you recommend? Does it have to be from "uggs"?