Uggs

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Meg, Jul 24, 2003.

1. meowmix

meowmix New Member

I'd say any protector...which I assume probably works as a sort of waterproofer(?)...would do the trick. I mean, suede is suede...unless it's some sort of mutant supersuede (which I dont think it is). Any brand from any leather-goods store or shoe store should be just fine.
    As for keeping the suede clean and all that, I just clean the suede bottom of my dance shoes by going over them with the brush and it works well, even though it gets pretty dirty and goes through a lot of wear.

2. prettypretty

prettypretty New Member

Send them to a shoe man (AKA: 'shoe miracle worker') ^__^ You can find one in the yellow pages perhaps.

3. prettypretty

prettypretty New Member

There are so many UGG knockoffs today also. Though yours and your friend's are UGG lable, but there are all these teen american shoes companies making knockoffs. I've seen 129874289375238974918274 girls at my school wearing them. Brands like "Rocket Dog" or something I wore when I was 12, what's up with that??

4. tgp

tgp New Member

I went to a shoe repair place and bought a suede shampoo-it worked well. I will water proof them when they are dry. The owner of the shopsaid to be careful what you waterproof them with. If you use an oil based product(like for regular leather) it will ruin the suede-the bottle has to say that it is ok to use on suede.

thanks for the replies!!!

5. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

i have the pink UGGs and mine are looking kinda scruffy... but I kinda like it. I dont feel like having to do a whole lot of caretaking on a pair of shoes that I consider to be a passing fad.

6. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

after my trip to london and being bombarded with "real" UGG boots , I now wonder which are which. they all claim to be the real thing.
    at a store "KATE KUBA" they had what to me seemed the real thing whith a "UGG" label on the back of the heel.
    now i found those on brownsfashion.com
    and this is what they wrote
    are meant to be the same thing :wacko: :unsure:

7. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

more from browns

8. Barbie

Barbie New Member

I live in Boston where it is about 10 degrees and all I want to say is thank you to who ever made Uggs because my feet are so warm and toasty right now. Another note I do not think my Uggs make my legs look fat in fact my legs look quite thin in them.

9. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I saw those today at Browns leyla. They are not the "real" Uggs in the sense that they are not of the name brand "Ugg"

10. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

tnx, thats what i thought :wink:

11. banana

banana New Member

I think you need to have a certain style to look good in those boots. Some of the celebrities I've seen wearing them in magazines come across as fashion victims. :innocent: I think you need to ask yourself whether you'd still buy them if they weren't so "in" right now. If the answer is yes, then get them. :flower:

12. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

I always wondered how anyone one could try and make these trendy, but i do like the last two(with the white detail), but only for my daughters. As London is so cold, they would look nice with knee-length skirt and thick tights :lol:

13. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

"Ugg" is the name of a style of boot. "UGG" happens to be one brand of ugg boots. It's confusing because they copyrighted the name of a style of shoe - a style that many other companies make. It's like Nike changing their name to SNEAKER and people going into places that stock Reebok, asking for sneakers and then turning their nose up because they're "knock-offs" or "not the right thing".

As long as a boot is made from sheepskin then it's an ugg boot.

:wink:

14. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

thanks pixie for clearing that up. i thought it must have been something around those lines :wink:

15. hip0204

hip0204 New Member

16. hip0204

hip0204 New Member

This history should help clear it up. And by the way - The American "UGG Australia" are no longer made in Australia. Just New Zealand and China at the moment. That's what you are paying big dollars for? Is it worth it? Another piece of trivia, you can not even purchase the American "UGG Australia" brand in Australia - don't you just love the Americans? Next thing you know the Aussies will be trademarking "cowboy boots"!

http://www.australian-uggs.com/history-of-the-ug-boot.htm

Reason why the same style and size is made in different places. UGG Australia - the American company - simply go out to tender. Presumably the cheapest place to provide them gets the deal - well that's usually the case. Nice to know that maybe your expensive uggs are being raffled off to the cheapest manufacturer. Do you see a decrease in prices. Huh - pardon - NO!

17. hip0204

hip0204 New Member

18. Pixielaughs

Pixielaughs New Member

19. brian

brian New Member

20. Sugo

Sugo New Member

Meow, what kind of brush do you use for your dancing shoes?
    I use one with sharp metal"teeth" to get the wax from the floor off the bottom of the shoes and to get some traction on them.

But I think the bottom of dancing shoes have a different kind of suede than the upper of UGGS..